Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

3 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Brilliant pass by Pogba, brilliant run and control by Griezmann. 1-0 France. Who are you rooting for?

Brilliant dive by Griezmann, typical french arrogance now they just paid for it ! Thank you Umtiti you stink big time.

I've been saying from the get go this guy is bad and Varane not much better, here it is.

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Brilliant pass by Pogba, brilliant run and control by Griezmann. 1-0 France. Who are you rooting for?

Contact in the box bringing Griezmann down while he had control of the ball. Clear as day. 

Clear as day the Aussie fella won the ball and played it off Greizmann who launched himself.

if that’s the ‘clear as day’ you’re referring to.

VAR is a continued, absolute joke.

Justice with the Aussie equaliser.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

28 minutes ago, FrFan said:

On a besoin de Giroud, Absolutely, but the little capi (Griezmann, Dembélé, Mbappé) have decided they don't want to play with him, don Deschamps is approving.

Giroud and Thauvin in Pogba, Griezmann out., but what do I know ?:P

Ah. I’m always second guessing myself. 

Didnt realize there was so much team politics in the squad.

Framce are not cohesive. They are not doing little things. Their talent is far far superior.

Edited by Elessar78

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Brilliant dive by Griezmann, typical french arrogance now they just paid for it ! Thank you Umtiti you stink big time.

I've been saying from the get go this guy is bad and Varane not much better, here it is.

Even less of a reason to take your two best players off. 

I’ve got no problem with the penalty given France Griezmann clearly plays ball on toward goal, and is clearly tripped. If you’re gonna use VAR however, that handball ball Umiti looked deliberate, and a red card could easily have been given.

Truly uninspiring play from the French though. The teams in yesterday's last game show how footy should be played, especially with a side stacked with talent.

Edited by Long n Left

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Clear as day the Aussie fella won the ball and played it off Greizmann who launched himself.

if that’s the ‘clear as day’ yiu’re referring to.

VAR is a continues absolute joke.

Justice with the Aussie equaliser.

Hail.

The contact in the box while Griezmann had control of the ball was pretty clear. 

I don’t know what BS the American coverage is telling you guys but that’s never a penalty in a million years on VAR.

Clear and obvious. Which it was ..... Clear and obvious the lad wins the ball and plays it off Greizmann.

Fekir.

This is all I’m watching for.

Hail.

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I’ve got no problem with the penalty given France Griezmann clearly plays ball on toward goal, and is clearly tripped. If you’re gonna use VAR however, that handball ball Umiti looked deliberate, and a red card could easily have been given.

I do agree with the red card, and since the Aussie was booked, absolutely zero reason Umtiti was'nt sent off.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I don’t know what BS the American coverage is telling you guys but that’s never a penalty in a million years on VAR.

Clear and obvious. Which it was ..... Clear and obvious the lad wins the ball and plays it off Greizmann.

Hail.

Fekir.

This is all I’m watching for.

Hail.

...and then clips his heel and brings him down in the box. 

4 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

That's a convenient place to end the story. More happened after that. 

Could you honestly tell us that if the referee didn't blew the whistle not allowing a PK, his decision would have been scandalous, outrageous ?

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

There’s nottin to talk about after that. He wins the ball. Plays it off Greizmann. He then dives through that.

if you want to claim that as a penalty make football a non-contact sport and rewrite the rules.

But it the main point is VAR HAS to be clear and conclusive to overturn the on-field decision. That wasn’t.

Hail.

10 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Truly uninspiring play from the French though. The teams in yesterday's last game show how footy should be played, especially with a side stacked with talent.

You are right but They tend not to do the double jeopardy thing now- a red AND penalty. They can but only in severe situations.

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

With all the talent France has in the midfield and attack, they are sorely lacking in the back. The fullbacks are just attack minded, CB’s are just hmm, and Lloris looks like a mistake waiting to happen. (As a Reds fan, I should know.)

Our central D is putrid, but I have my hopes up concerning Hernandez and Pavard (just rookies). LLoris is totally out of confidence I would have played Mandanda. He's not stellar but has been reliable for a while now.

Edit: my bad lucky deflection and bar by Pogba

Edited by FrFan

Just now, Elessar78 said:

You are right but They tend not to do the double jeopardy thing now- a red AND penalty. They can but only in severe situations.

Yeah, but should have been a booking, at least, given that he’d booked the Aussie player just a minute or two earlier.

4 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Could you honestly tell us that if the referee didn't blew the whistle allowing a PK, his decision would have been scandalous, outrageous ?

It would be the right decision. He had his heel clipped in the box while he had control of the ball. 

Edited by Berggy9598

Just now, Berggy9598 said:

It would be the right decision. He had his heel clipped in the box while he was in the box with control of the ball. 

Sorry I don't understand, you mean the right decision as an answer to my question, meaning you would have had no problem if the referee wouldn't have allowed the pk ?

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

It would be the right decision. He had his heel clipped in the box while he was in the box with control of the ball. 

I agree Berggy. If VAR showed anything to me, it was that the defender didn’t CLEARLY play the ball. If anything, it just scraped the bottom of one of his studs. The roll of the ball never differentiated, and the touch by Griezmann looked an intended touch. Puts him clear on goal, and he is tripped. Penalty for me, and believe me, I’m no an of the French. Never could stand double Z.