Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Even as a player, this World Cup has been really hard to watch other than a handful of games. Teams have been really poor in the attacking third. Also, having just watched the War in Ice for two months makes it extremely hard to watch people get flicked in the ear and do 13 barrel rolls on the ground acting like they are near death when I just watched people get hit with a brick of rubber at 90mph and not miss a shift for two months.

It takes a while for these players to gel and build chemistry.  Obviously they aren't playing with each other as much as club football...I expect the knockout stages to be much more exciting.  De Bruyne for example today has looked pretty poor, but we know he's a great player.  It's a different system with different players and it just takes time.  Germany struggled too but you can see the pieces are there it's just that extra half second of doubt that causes problems.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

Every sport has its dark side. Soccer has diving, hockey has actions that would be punishable by jail time anywhere else. 

Too bad the referees, who were instructed by FIFA  and other organizations a few years back to be more aware, and heavy handed in booking for simulation, still refuse to do so for the most part. A number of fouls given by that whistle happy ref in the Korea Sweden game could have been left alone, and that horrid dive by Mertens in the first half in the box should have gotten a yellow. 

Only way to get diving out of the game is to penalize it.

NHL hockey is a MUCH cleaner game now than 10-15 years ago, because they started to penalize a lot of the unnecessary rough stuff.

Edited by Long n Left

4 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Great English attack so far.

Stones and Walker are soft as **** though.

Still bafflied by this fascination with Stones. There are better English center backs watching from the crib right now. Hell give me Alfie Mawson for Phil Jones today in a straight swap I'll drive him to Wales myself. 

England gonna England. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Your statement is proof that writing something does not make it true.

You can say that some of the teams that have used it have had stars, but that doesn’t prove that mega stars are needed for the system.

IMO too few teams have utilized the system outside of Spain.

So there's this system that has produced historical levels of dominance on the club and international level, and 95% of the soccer world doesn't use it because la dee da? No, it's incredibly hard to pull off and you need the best players to use it to a dominanting effect. 

Wow, big collision. Great job by that keeper.

2 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

So there's this system that has produced historical levels of dominance on the club and international level, and 95% of the soccer world doesn't use it because la dee da? No, it's incredibly hard to pull off and you need the best players to use it to a dominanting effect. 

That’s a half truth. Many teams have adopted a hybrid system inspired by the Barça style.