Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

16 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Freaking damn good coach though.

I don't think I'd even add the qualifier "though". Unless and until officials get REALLY serious about carding simulation, it's a powerful tactic with almost no downside.

It's what makes Messi stand out even more to a casual observer... I've seen him attempt to dribble through three players while his shirt is literally being pulled over his head.

To be fair, though, I don't think it's (at least totally) some kind of special integrity Messi has that others don't. I've also read an interview where a reporter asked him if he's bothered by other teams hacking at him all game and he basically said that he finds it annoying for the first few minutes but after that he's so in the zone he doesn't even notice. I'd bet a large part of what we see from him is just that he's so good that he thinks he can win every time.

The rest of the mortals, though, benefit from diving too much to stop. It's not on them, though, really... It's on the officials that don't enforce the rules, and on the associations that don't demand that they do.

Just now, pjfootballer said:

One thing I dislike in soccer is “own goals”. Dude works his ass off to get a good shot off and it deflects off of some gump’s jersey and he gets no credit. Last touch on offense should get credit. 

If it was on target then the shooter will get credit for the goal.  It's only an own goal if it wouldn't have gone in without help.

FINALLY POLAND SCORES!!

Too little too late????

15 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Better team is winning. To call Senegal a Cinderella or feel good story isn't doing them justice they have quite a few big time players. Hope the good citizens of Russia have to watch them for as long as possible. 

Totally agree, Senegal is just better, bigger, and faster. They are dominating defensively and in their attacks. They swarm on defense and Poland is slow getting the ball off their foot.

Poland needed to put that ball on frame there. Failure to fire