Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I secretly wish Navy Dave gets deployed (for some reason) and in a weird twist of fate can only readily get NFL Europe. It's a lot like that.

---------- Post added June-17th-2011 at 03:53 PM ----------

Id rather spend our military might and money for this than anything else.

Send the marines! Find us the next Kaka.

True, we invade all the wrong countries. I have little use for sand and dates.

http://www.footytube.com/video/xavi-hernandez-season-2010-2011-83474?ref=hp_latest_comp

Video of Xavi and Barca. 95% of it I just see teammates with a superior understanding of what each other is doing and what needs to be done.

First off, thanks for the site. Never seen that one before.

Secondly, again, we'll just have to agree to disagree. How you don't class some of the perfectly weighted, defense splitting through balls in that clip as 'creative' play is beyond me. To say it's all down to the fact you've trained that way and your teammates are on the same wavelength to expect it rather than appreciating the creativity in it is being real disingenuous to the players, teams and play your talking about. You train to put that creativity into practice during a match. To separate yourself from the robotic, sterile nature of most modern day players. Xavi see's Messi making a great run off the ball, and play's a perfectly weighted through ball into his feet splitting the defense wide open. And you refuse to give them credit for creating the chance down to the fact Barcelona train the way they play?

Shrugs, that POV totally blows my mind, but each to their own prerogative.

Again, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yep and its sad to see the handful of American ES fans having to root for teams outside of the US borders since viewing the activity from teams inside our borders results in either unexpected prolonged naps or Tvs with damaged screens.

Its like the English watching the Iron Chef of America on the Food Channel fantasizing about how it could be if they did not win the War on Flavor. :D

There's nothing wrong with enjoying amazing soccer/football around the world. This is coming from a DCU fan.

• 1 month later...

I guess since WC qualifying is starting now was the time. I did not hate the guy nearly as much as others and I think he leaves the team in good standing. Overall I give Bradley a B during his tenure, it could have been a bit better and a whole lot worse.

This may be the greatest day of my life.

Side note: I appreciate what you have done Bradley. Your not a bad guy just no the right guy for the US soccer team. Good luck to you.

---------- Post added July-28th-2011 at 06:46 PM ----------

We need a coach from Germany, Argentina, Spain or Brazil. I love watching EPL(especially my Man UTD) but England football is not right for the US. If you need prove look at what happens when England faces certain countries. They rely on a goal to win. Spain can win with one goal to but they do that by possession. England goes for one goal wins with scoring and then defense.

I would hope that Redskins fans would understand this better, but if the organization doesn't change/shape up it doesn't matter who the head coach is. As long as the players we have are not as good as the players the other team has, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

There's only one man I want them to announce tomorrow to coach the USMNT: Caleb Porter.

any word on replacement?

hopefully a big name coach from Europe that can shake up the system.. only way for US soccer to have any drastic improvements moving foward IMHO.

Jürgen Klinsmann

A: hes a great coach

B: He lives in Cali

C: The US Soccer Fed has been obsessed with him for years

I would love to see this happen we need a coach that is not an american to light a fire under this team and learn a different style of play.

Well actually he turned us down because Sunil Gulati couldn't make consessions on a few key points. Namely release of MLS players for friendlies and an overhaul of the youth system in this country directed by him.

This national team needs a major shake up from the youth level to the national team. i think klinsmann would do that and put this countrys soccer team to the next level.

I would hope that Redskins fans would understand this better, but if the organization doesn't change/shape up it doesn't matter who the head coach is. As long as the players we have are not as good as the players the other team has, it doesn't matter who the coach is.

Excellent point. One of our best players is an MLS star.