Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

i heard man united and barcelona play somewhat soon in the DC area. can anyone verify this and is anyone going to go. i think that would be a great first soccer match to attend.

FedEx Field July 30th. Good luck finding tickets though, last I heard it was sold-out.

Martin Tyler is probably the best play by play person in the world.

---------- Post added May-28th-2011 at 03:12 PM ----------

Barca leads 1-nil

---------- Post added May-28th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

We're level at 1!

With the way Messi is playing tonight I can't see how he doesn't finish with the game winning goal or assist. He's been close multiple times, and it's only a matter of time before he finishes or sets up an easy finish for a teammate.

**** ManU. Shame Rooney scored, otherwise the game would have been perfect.

The only reason I'm happy Barca won was because it came at the She Devils' expense. Otherwise, I'd have an extremely hard time rooting for a team that has some of the worst divers in the game. Didn't see too much of that today though, just beautiful football.

Great night.

Fantastic football from Barca, but shocking tactics from Ferguson. Easy to play like that when your given all the time in the World. You'd of thought he'd of learned from the ass kicking in Rome the last time.

Paisley 3, Ferguson 2. L'pool 5, Utd 3. Always have been in our European shadow. Always will be.

Will someone wipe this big ass grin off my face before the wind changes? Great night. Viva Barcelona!

Hail.

Lest we forget, amidst the jubilation of Barca making Utd look like a Sunday league pub side last night, today mark's the 26th anniversary of the darkest day in my clubs rich European history. When 39 people never came home from a football match in Belgium. A sad day.

Liverpool ricorda l'Heysel 39. Dio riposo. YNWA.

Hail.

LOL, I was gona' say man, geez.

But even at that I'm going "GEEZ!" The equivalent of of around £96 GBP. For what is nothing more than a half paced training session. To put that in perspective, the top price to watch United last season was £49. (Around 80 bucks.). For full paced competitive soccer.

I appreciate the hype of never seeing these players, (the handfull of "stars" that will actually play); but man alive anyone that would pay that for a pre-season friendly must have more money than sense.

Hail.