Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

I think you are letting a fantastic last 30 cloud your vision of what occurred in the previous 60. During the first half we could barely crack their defensive third. They easily controlled play and are definately a better team.
You do realize that this was the plan. Klinsmann was not about to commit early lapses so he kept 9 back. The 2nd half he let them go. Neither team had their best 11 on the field so I would not concede that the Mexican team on the field was better than the American team on the field. In fact the Americans had many more quality chances and the Mexicans were lucky to leave with draw.

You do realize that this was the plan. Klinsmann was not about to commit early lapses so he kept 9 back. The 2nd half he let them go. Neither team had their best 11 on the field so I would not concede that the Mexican team on the field was better than the American team on the field. In fact the Americans had many more quality chances and the Mexicans were lucky to leave with draw.

It goes beyond the lack of offensive productivity. Our back line looked horrible and Mexico had there way during the 45. The possession had to be 65-35 during the first half.

I realize that it was the first game of a new tenure, and I WAS satisfied with the outcome. I just think some of the talk about how great we looked should be a little tempured.

• 1 month later...
US was impressive and could have won. I do wonder if we will stay a 4-5-1 though.

There's three teams I play attention to

Manchester United- I love them for the pride and style of play

Bayern- fast paced, talented team, and awesome fans

DC United- Local, great fans, and usually a good team.

US- well duh. obvious.

i can count to 4.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not always so cut and dry that because we're the host they'll play where WE want. Contracts have to be signed and there are many motivations on both sides. The US wants to play decent (read: above CONCACAF quality) teams and decent teams will come with demands. Home and homes. They want to play in front of their fans, especially in an expat magnet like the US. If we play where Ecuador wants then we can take some off their appearance fee. Or sometimes, the president of Ecuador's FA just wants a free vacation in NY.

Face it, these friendlies are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. We can pad wins or we can get used to playing in "hostile" environments. All the games that matter (read: WC) will not be USA friendly. It'll be liked this, mixed crowds.

So after x games ... was there someone Bob wasn't playing that is such a difference maker? Has the formation change made that much of a difference? Has the styptic play made a meaningful change in the end product?

Again we can't score and can't defend. No Tim Howard and we'd be getting crushed.you need to look at this as a coach and see he has no difference makers out there. Donovan is a non factors because he'll be pretty old by the next wc.

Much like the Redskins last year, this year is NOT the year to judge JK effectiveness.
Actually I'll judge it right now. We threw a lesser squad and on the field and moved the ball as well as I have seen in years. It would have been great to see someone step up and score without Donovan in the lineup. Gave up a cheapie because the defense was asleep. Jurgen has the team playing, he really needs to find a goal scorer.

dc united plays tonight too. do they have a chance in hell at the playoffs at this point? 3 in a row or we don't go!

They have some good 3 game ticket deals for the "Drive for the playoffs"

---------- Post added October-12th-2011 at 12:47 PM ----------

Actually I'll judge it right now. We threw a lesser squad and on the field and moved the ball as well as I have seen in years. It would have been great to see someone step up and score without Donovan in the lineup. Gave up a cheapie because the defense was asleep. Jurgen has the team playing, he really needs to find a goal scorer.

Eventually Donovan will be gone. We need to know we can score.