Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2nd Half of that game was exciting... Been awhile since I have seen the US playing with that pressure and offensive attacking ability. Really enjoyed it, excited about some of these young guys. Robbie Rogers has some serious speed... If he doesnt get taken down, how was that not a red BTW, good chance at scoring. Also was really impressed with Shea, powerful on the ball, heck of an effort, good passing, great runs, etc... He would have had a goal if someone had hit him on one of those runs.

Also Agudelo needs to pull the trigger sooner. Lost a chance at goal and a couple of passes that could have sprung Shea because he sat on it. Needs to get his head up and make those plays. Liked what I saw from Torres, actually pretty excited from what I saw from those young guys. Good first game from Jurgen. Bradley SUCKED.

And holy CRAP Donovan turned on the jet boosts on that run down the side. I didnt realize he still had that much speed.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Klinsmann's debut was nearly perfect. He played a tight first half and them let them loose in the 2nd. Brek Shea showed flashes of stardom and Rogers will be in his prime in 2014.

It will be interesting to see how many players get on the field in the next 2 years for the US. Jurgen will give a lot of guys a look.

Was a decent start to the new era. Our back line is HORRIBLE. I realize that both goodson and ream were both hurt, but we really need to find some steady bodies to put back there. I really like Lichaj, and I think he will be a peg back there for years to come, but outside of that, we are really shaky.

I can't wait for Stuart Holden to get healthy and get a call up again. I think he will flourish under Juri at attacking mid. Also excited to see Timmy Chandler play in the next two friendlies in early september. I think he has a bright future, and should impress with more experience in the bundeliga.

Okay start to the new era.

I like how he played Donovan in the second half.

The first half lacked too much.

Bradley and Jones had terrible games.

I don't think you could ask for much more on two days of practice. If we'd gotten the two obvious PK's and red card it would've been a U.S. blowout. Still questions defensively regardless of practice time. But of course, a couple injuries. Was GREAT to see no Bornstein.

Shea is going to be a stud. He's tearing it up in MLS. I'm still not sure on Rogers. He's always been good but his problem is consistency. He'll have an amazing game or two but then stink it up for a couple and subsequently get benched. Hopefully Jurgen can make him play to his potential. I need to see more of Fiscal and Castillo. They weren't too impressive. I love where he's paying Landon. Dude still has it but was always out of position under Bradley.

I don't think you could ask for much more on two days of practice. If we'd gotten the two obvious PK's and red card it would've been a U.S. blowout. Still questions defensively regardless of practice time. But of course, a couple injuries. Was GREAT to see no Bornstein.

I think you are letting a fantastic last 30 cloud your vission of what occurred in the previous 60. During the first half we could barely crack their defensive third. They easily controlled play and are definately a better team.

I do realize that Juri barely had anytime to prepare for this game, and I commend him for what he got out of the players. I just don't think the result was as good as some are making it out to be.

---------- Post added August-11th-2011 at 02:38 PM ----------

Shea is going to be a stud. He's tearing it up in MLS. I'm still not sure on Rogers. He's always been good but his problem is consistency. He'll have an amazing game or two but then stink it up for a couple and subsequently get benched. Hopefully Jurgen can make him play to his potential. I need to see more of Fiscal and Castillo. They weren't too impressive. I love where he's paying Landon. Dude still has it but was always out of position under Bradley.

Yeah shea did look real good. He has a real good combo of size speed and strength that is hard to defend. He would really benefit from leaving MLS after this season and testing out a secodn tier euro squad, but I think MLS' asking price is going to be too steep.

I'm just glad we have fixed the problem of coming out flat and giving up an early goal.

For reals though, it seemed like the 1st half Klinny let the boys play the way they had in the past, and then in the second he said here is how we should be playing.

I think you are letting a fantastic last 30 cloud your vission of what occurred in the previous 60. During the first half we could barely crack their defensive third. They easily controlled play and are definately a better team.

I do realize that Juri barely had anytime to prepare for this game, and I commend him for what he got out of the players. I just don't think the result was as good as some are making it out to be.

---------- Post added August-11th-2011 at 02:38 PM ----------

Yeah shea did look real good. He has a real good combo of size speed and strength that is hard to defend. He would really benefit from leaving MLS after this season and testing out a secodn tier euro squad, but I think MLS' asking price is going to be too steep.

You're being overly critical. You didn't expect them to pull a 1960 U.S. Hockey gold medal miracle did you? Yeah they weren't creating much in the first but if the final score read 3-1 or 4-1 like it should have if not for being cheated by that joke of an official, everyone'd be dancing around. It was almost as good as you can ask for playing without two of your top players (yes Chicharito was out too) and defenders on a couple days practice (some got even less).

LOL! so what did you think about that last DC United game? Did you get to watch it?

We were there. I still haven't seen a replay of the play that Hamid got carded for but from my view it looked bad. And I totally missed Toronto's 3rd goal. Overally it was a pretty intense game, but damn we have got to start winning at home. We'll be there this Saturday vs Vancouver.

We were there. I still haven't seen a replay of the play that Hamid got carded for but from my view it looked bad. And I totally missed Toronto's 3rd goal. Overally it was a pretty intense game, but damn we have got to start winning at home. We'll be there this Saturday vs Vancouver.

Yea Hamid totally lost his head on that play. I don't know what he was thinking, but that hurt us really bad. We would have definately won that game if we weren't playing down a man the entire game and missing our starting goalie. Cronin let the 3rd goal go right through his hands. It literally hit him in both hands, and then rolled between his legs.

DeRosario is a beast though. I'm really glad we picked him up. We have to win on Saturday. I really feel like we can make the post season this year now that 5 teams make it

Edited by Skinz4Life12