Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

• 2 weeks later...

So far we have had two fantastic matches for Champions League tournament... surprising for an American to score the game winning goal in a UEFA quarterfinal.  

PSG pulling it out in the last 5 minutes... really they did have the advantage and games like they seemed like they were smelling blood.  Atalanta not having Ilicic was unfortunate.  

Red Bulls just looked like a fantastic team...I love Diego Simeone, but his style of park the bus is not always fun to watch.

One of the benefits of quarantine, can have the games on.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, techboy said:

To be fair, Coutinho DID score two goals today. That kind of production in Champions League is invaluable.

I wonder if Coutinho wins champions league with Bayern, does Barcelona still have to pay Liverpool 4.5 million given his transfer clause.

18 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Barca got their pants pulled down. Probably time to move on from Messi, Suarez, and Mr Shakira. 

Or they could get some defenders. Radical idea, I know. Pep claimed they used aggressive high pressing at Barca because they had no idea how to defend.

19 hours ago, techboy said:

I used a code for a free month of CBS All Access so I could watch Barcelona in the Champions League.

I overpaid.

You should know picking individual stocks is a fool's game.

17 hours ago, techboy said:

To be fair, Coutinho DID score two goals today. That kind of production in Champions League is invaluable.

If he keeps up the trans European migration and is able to score goals against former teams he could be an interesting European super sub like David Fairclough.

Edited by Corcaigh

Wow.... can't believe it comes down to Bundes / Ligue 1 in the UCL.   Man City blew it --- at least judging by the highlights package. 

Ederson with two mistakes -- one on his line and the other on not catching one for a rebound.  and Sterling.... whooo boy. 

Lyon was opportunistic.... 

6 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Wow.... can't believe it comes down to Bundes / Ligue 1 in the UCL.   Man City blew it --- at least judging by the highlights package. 

Ederson with two mistakes -- one on his line and the other on not catching one for a rebound.  and Sterling.... whooo boy. 

Lyon was opportunistic.... 

We must enjoy having 2 clubs in the final four for the first time, it won't happen any time soon again imo.

9 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Congrats.  I will admit, half the players I know from FIFA.  Surprising because wasn't Ligue Un shut down?

Thank you, yes it was shut down the new season will begin this week-end. We had the cup final between PSG and ASSE, beside that only friendlies. PSG played 4, Lyon played 6.