Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Barca's already played two matches. The artificial crowd is stupid. The artificial crowd noise is a little off, but it'd probably be weirder if it was dead silent. It has been interesting hearing sounds of the match that normally get drowned out... Players and coaches yelling, etc.

In other news, the footballing world might want to watch out... Messi looks frisky.

He's notorious for never wanting to miss a minute of ANY match, and his managers haven't had the gravitas to bench him anyway for his own good, so I think three or so months of forced rest has had an effect.

I almost don't want Burnley to beat little brother next week so there'll be a final whistle at Anfield next week, because objectively speaking they deserve that moment.  

2 hours ago, techboy said:

Barca's already played two matches. The artificial crowd is stupid. The artificial crowd noise is a little off, but it'd probably be weirder if it was dead silent. It has been interesting hearing sounds of the match that normally get drowned out... Players and coaches yelling, etc.

In other news, the footballing world might want to watch out... Messi looks frisky.

He's notorious for never wanting to miss a minute of ANY match, and his managers haven't had the gravitas to bench him anyway for his own good, so I think three or so months of forced rest has had an effect.

I feel like playing a competitive match at the Camp Nou when it's empty will be an interesting experience onto itself. 

11 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I feel like playing a competitive match at the Camp Nou when it's empty will be an interesting experience onto itself. 

The match they just played was at home. It's a little different during Champions League, but it seems like normally a lot of the supporters are tourists anyway. I think a lot of the excellent home record actually comes because the Camp Nou has a huge pitch, which is more suited to an open, flowing style of play.

Conversely, I suspect struggles away have a lot to do with pitch size as well. I guess we'll see if Barca can close out against Napoli. A lot of fans seem to think the Champions League matches all being held single elimination in Portugal will help (no possibility of an away collapse). They think it means NO away games. I wonder if pitch size/travel will make it like ALL away games 

On 6/17/2020 at 2:22 PM, JSSkinz said:

Watching some of the Villa game, I like the fake atmosphere but sometimes its not in sync which is funny but all in all not bad.

I like the simulated crowd noise, but there are still some kinks to work out....Like when the young City player (who's name escapes me) was seriously injured from his collision with Eddison and they 'crowd' is still buzzing and cheering) They may want to turn it off and be a little more respectful next time.

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 4:52 PM, techboy said:

The match they just played was at home. It's a little different during Champions League, but it seems like normally a lot of the supporters are tourists anyway. I think a lot of the excellent home record actually comes because the Camp Nou has a huge pitch, which is more suited to an open, flowing style of play.

Conversely, I suspect struggles away have a lot to do with pitch size as well. I guess we'll see if Barca can close out against Napoli. A lot of fans seem to think the Champions League matches all being held single elimination in Portugal will help (no possibility of an away collapse). They think it means NO away games. I wonder if pitch size/travel will make it like ALL away games 

It’s such a daunting structure from pitch level with the stands being so vertical like playing a football match at the bottom of a crater. La Bonboneira is the only park in the world I can think of that is structurally intimidating. 

Decent enough lineup on paper. I’ve yet to see Solskjaer use two playmakers in more advanced roles do not surprised Pogba isn’t starting, especially considering he hasn’t played a competitive game in about 7 months. Not particularly worried about tailoring a system to accommodate both of them when one is counting the days until he gets to leave the club. 

9A3F1B6E-050F-441C-B8A3-0065625BC104.jpeg

Well that was a terrible lineup apparently, but it's not really fair to judge at this stage with so much rust to shake off. Should have won the game that being said, and Mason Greenwood should start from now on. Spurs defenders wanted absolutely no part of him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Cue all the opposition/ right-wing ****gibbons 'If you don't like it **** off back to Germany!' 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-slams-boris-johnson-22224693

Man of the People!

Hail. 

Ironic considering the influx of foreign managers is one of the main reasons the stature of the PL is what it is. Also where do they think the so much of the player development methods that have dragged England out of the Stone Age in that department come from. Send everyone back to Germany so we can watch Sam Allerdyce and Tony Pulis match whits again. 

So we've just closed down the last of our zoom sessions half hour or so back from tonights Derby. (A very boozy session so apologies for any mistakes.). I was the only one of our group who chose not to watch the game. (I've made my thoughts on this pretty clear I think on theses here pages.). But as we decided to keep it open during the game, I just muted it both halves and happily read. But it was interesting seeing how the dynamic changed the longer the night went and the closer we both got to the game and through it. Everyone else was very bullish leading up to it. (Bear in mind this is the same group more or less that regularly gone all over together following the Reds for decades.). But the general consensus switched from the early positive joking about where we'd be at x hour and going through a normal Goodison derby match day. To'this is proper weird. To 'this is just utter ****e!' as soon as the game started and the stark realisation of the situation hits that you aren't there. With everyone left absolutely dreading Wednesday as missing a home game intensifies that ten fold. 

I know it is what it is and we to get through  but it just hammers home starkly again that football without fans really is NOTHING!!

Just trying to put more context to where I'm at with all this farce right now and why I can't get into watching it at all.

As for what sounds like one of the worst Derby's in living memory, 1 more point closer. 5 to go. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

burnley brexit.png

Sums them, and 2020 Tory Brexit Britain up perfectly. 

The airplane disgrace is speaking for all those small-minded, insular Northern English towns with there seriously F up sense of patriotism that gave that Evil, facist, racist, xenophobic, lying, murdering ____house Johnson his landslie majority off the back of the racist campaign he ran and spoon feed them. 

Kudos to Ben Mee for an absolutely brilliant response- 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1275177543029719043

Hail. 

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Sums them, and 2020 Tory Brexit Britain up perfectly. 

The airplane disgrace is speaking for all those small-minded, insular Northern English towns with there seriously F up sense of patriotism that gave that Evil, facist, racist, xenophobic, lying, murdering ____house Johnson his landslie majority off the back of the racist campaign he ran and spoon feed them. 

Kudos to Ben Mee for an absolutely brilliant response- 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1275177543029719043

Hail. 

The NBC broadcast sounded a little baffled Dyche didn’t say anything. Has he said anything about it yet? 

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

The NBC broadcast sounded a little baffled Dyche didn’t say anything. Has he said anything about it yet? 

I had to go search as it wasn't widely reported but to be fair he has commented- 

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2020/june/dyche-manchester-city-reaction/

But then how could any reasoned, decent person not condemn it?

Related, I was just reading about the NASCAR disgrace Sunday- 

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2020/06/22/richard-petty-statement-bubba-wallace-stand-shoulder/

WTF is wrong with people?

Hail. 

14 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I'd say it's a combination of injuries to their back four, and a stubborn, all be it brilliant manager that refuses to adjust when the opposition has figured out how to contain his plan A. IMO Mahrez on that right gives them much more balance going forward, rather than yet another left footed playmaker.  That being said, they'd be too far behind either way.