Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Seems like the gameplan for the favorite teams is to get a goal and then just play defensive/keep away.

I'm hopeful things open up more as we enter the KO stages.

See? Why do we need actual Italy, when Italy are here in spirit.

• Like 1

I root for Argentina because of family ties but this team doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the group stage. How you show up at a world cup with absolutely nobody that can control a game in central midfield is absolutely baffling. 77 year old Mascherano and Enzo Perez (or Lucas Biglia for that matter would have been the same story) against Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic just isn't fair. Anyone that has played midfielder at any level has to take their hat off to Croatia. Absolute masterclass and if you ask me who I want to see more of in this tournament it's Croatia all day. The cab driver and his mentally fragile gimps can go home, or better yet stay in Russia they haven't earned Argentinian food. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

I think the fact that it was actually offside had something to do with the goal being disallowed, 

It's not about a particular play, it's about players from Real (Ronaldo's Portugal being favored by the refs)

4 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

It's hard to understand how Argentina could have lost a game where they had 59% of the possession?

;-)

Better yet it's hard to understand (wink) how their midfield was used to wipe the grass with by the Croatian midfield.  

2 minutes ago, FrFan said:

It's not about a particular play, it's about players from Real (Ronaldo's Portugal being favored by the refs)

Actually the tweet you posted was specifically about Iran's disallowed goal.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

I root for Argentina because of family ties but this team doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the group stage. How you show up at a world cup with absolutely nobody that can control a game in central midfield is absolutely baffling. 77 year old Mascherano and Enzo Perez (or Lucas Biglia for that matter would have been the same story) against Rakitic, Modric, and Brozovic just isn't fair. Anyone that has played midfielder at any level has to take their hat off to Croatia. Absolute masterclass and if you ask me who I want to see more of in this tournament it's Croatia all day. The cab driver and his mentally fragile gimps can go home, or better yet stay in Russia they haven't earned Argentinian food. 

This for sure. Have been on Croatia from the get go. Team has the best midfield in the tournament, and with pesky Mandzukic up top and Lovren in the back, they can beat anyone. 

Thought the matchup against Argentina was very favorable since the Argentine’s have about 8 class strikers and nobody to get it to them. Reminds me of some of my Dutch squads.

Oh, and Otamendi is a world class piece of ****, and **** off on the ref for not sending him off. Would have been a fitting end to his WC career.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, haithman said:

Is Messi still strolling around the pitch for his afternoon walk?

Nope, he left immediately after the final whistle. Head coach beat him into the tunnel though. They couldn’t get out of their fast enough. What a miserable display from a supposed world class team. They were doing the Portugal model of “ride your one trick pony until it drops” well....it dropped.

In retrospect watching Messi’s reaction after the Iceland match seems to have been as clear a glimpse into the Argentine hopes for this World Cup as we could ask for.

42040417575_466495e1e4_b.jpg

42942624561_312f5a9e18_b.jpg

41131641030_621ba8c1ae_b.jpg

42040413685_49198bfda7_b.jpg

28073188007_cfb7166201_b.jpg

42040418155_70d1e9595b_b.jpg

29069494318_829cc04b37_b.jpg

28073181537_6b2631a654_b.jpg