Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need to confess...Update @ post 102!!

ljs

I'm guessing you wouldn't have the same response if it had been a dog.

Man's best friend? Dog's are great. A dog will get you laid. Cat's are for loaners, goths and high maintaince C's.

You guys did the right thing. You put that rodent back into its natural environment. Let them go hunt rats.

All good, LJS.

No worries, that cat will be back in no time. I've done worse to my moms cat after it used my pool cue case as a scratching post. I terrorized that cat for months, chasing it around with a water bottle.

Man's best friend? Dog's are great. A dog will get you laid. Cat's are for loaners, goths and high maintaince C's.

You guys did the right thing. You put that rodent back into its natural environment. Let them go hunt rats.

Loaners? Lol, so everyone at the bank has a cat?

Seriously, I hope you find the cat. My sister was devastated when her cat ran away after she moved outta my parents house a few years ago.

Really? I mean, really?! :doh:

This should be making LJS feel better. LJS did something wrong, realized it and came clean. He's better off than all these *******s in this thread.

and LJS, I hope the cat finds its way home. Good chance it might....but if it doesn't, you live and you learn.

Maybe look into adopting a cat...and call it even:)

I'm guessing you wouldn't have the same response if it had been a dog.

No Way- I'm a former K9 Handler, my dog is my world. He's even peed in the house before.

Just my opinion, but we should probably try a little harder to keep this from becoming a (sick) joke thread. ljs made a mistake, and is obviously having a hard time with it. How about a little less mockery and a little more support, him?

"Her", you know I'm chic;)

Sounds to me like it was ready to be an outdoor cat anyways.

He did live outside, although every once in awhile I would hang on to him and watch TV, he's a total cuddler and a very sweet cat. His one and only issue is the spraying,. He was neutered after a year old, so its something that can't be fixed from what a couple vets told me.

The cat was mine before my gf and I got together. She also has an outdoor cat, a female. Id prob be single if I did anything to her cat.

I have been reading on cats who find their way home, even hundreds or thousands of miles away. And someone asked if he has claws, yes. Although we do live in an area w/ coyotes and wolves nearby, as well as many other wild animals. Its only 6 1/2 miles back home, so who knows..maybe he shows up. But he's not a mouser, kinda wimpy really- that's what worries me.

I'm just upset that I let my self rage like that. Its completely abnormal for me. Just trying to believe he will either find his way home, or a new home.

I grew up on farms, raised animals all my life. I know better than to do this. ugh..

Hey. Skoalskin. If those are the best you can do,then butt the **** out.

Easy cheesy, tough talk over the messag board is no bueno. No need to flip out over a lost cat. You dudes are missing the point. The cat want's to be outside. Clearly he was acting out by pissing all over your house and personal belongings. You set him free. Now he can roam the woods where he belongs. I just hope he was an out door cat to begin with.

Well, I think cats are probably more successful living in the "stray" environment than dogs are, if that's any comfort to you. Chances are she's having the time of her life behind some bakery somewhere, or maybe if she's lucky a seafood store. Be optimistic.

I hope nobody minds me taking a religious point of view on it, but here are what I believe to be the steps to repentance:

• Sorrow for sin - you definitely feel bad
  • Abandonment of sin - I doubt you'll continue to do this
  • Confession of sin - confession is supposed to be to God, but I sense you're not religious; I think this thread will be fairly therapeutic for you
  • Restitution for sin - you're looking for the cat and trying to undo what you've done. It sounds like you're doing everything you can.
  • Obedience to all the commandments - again, religion-specific, but it will be therapeutic for you to do good things and keep working at being a better person
  • Recognition of the Savior - religion-specific

These are the steps that I've found will successfully get me through the painful feeling you've got right now. You can't stay in the "Sorrow for sin" phase forever.

The best thing to do is to be perfect. Once you fail at that and make a mistake, the best thing you can do is get past it and progress into a better person than you were before.

I feel like you all are being to easy on him. He feels really bad because he did something really messed up. If that was my pet and my gf did that, I'd dump her no questions asked.

You should feel bad. I just hope the cat finds a new home.

For at least the 3rd time in this thread, ljs is a she.

I'm a goth and I have a cat... I have three. I'm kind of a loner, but definitely not high maintenance.

I've done far worse things out of anger than that, unfortunately. The good thing is that you're remorseful about it. Sometimes when you do impulsive, stupid things out of anger good outcomes happen, sometimes even better than if you hadn't done that stupid thing. Trust me, I know because I've been there.

I hope you find your cat, nothing hurts more than not knowing if your pet is alright.

You feel guilty and ashamed and you learned a lesson from it. Next time you will have better control of your temper. If you find the cat great but what happens if the cat comes back and continues peeing on stuff? Perhaps someone found it and took it home to be their pet.

LJS, sounds like you did something out of anger, and most likely in the back of your mind knew you'd pick the cat up later. However, sometimes in life you make mistakes that can't be taken back, which makes it extremely hard to deal with.

We all do it at some level, and really the only thing you can do is grow from it. I'm certain the next time you get angry, this will be in the back of your mind and probably cause you to think twice about acting on your anger impulsively.

I also feel compelled to tell you that you did an admirable job trying to care for a destructive cat. You were bound to lose your temper. Cat urine would have completely ruined your house.

Archived