Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need to confess...Update @ post 102!!

ljs

Cats have personalities, dogs do not. I love both dogs and cats, but dogs cost way too much money and are hard to maintain because they are attention whores. Cats just chill and are self sufficient, far superior to dogs in that sense.

Can you leave a dog alone in a house for a week to go on vacation? Not without having someone help take care of it. Cats, you can load up the feeder/waterer and leave a **** load of water bowls around. Clean liter box and they take care of themselves.

on a side note, my wife and I don't fit your ridiculous stereotype of cat owners/lovers. We are not goth, loners and my wife is certainly not a ****.

this is very true.

Cats have personalities, dogs do not. I love both dogs and cats, but dogs cost way too much money and are hard to maintain because they are attention whores. Cats just chill and are self sufficient, far superior to dogs in that sense.

Can you leave a dog alone in a house for a week to go on vacation? Not without having someone help take care of it. Cats, you can load up the feeder/waterer and leave a **** load of water bowls around. Clean liter box and they take care of themselves.

on a side note, my wife and I don't fit your ridiculous stereotype of cat owners/lovers. We are not goth, loners and my wife is certainly not a ****.

Cats are more self sufficient than dogs, but dogs do have personality. Both of my dogs have a ton of personality. One of them even watches tv and barks when a dog appears on the screen.

Oh please,(your past posts in mind,there is some irony there). No point to be lost,(not even the one on a few heads here). Someone's lost a pet,a family member and it would be nice for once if some members on ES would show a little class. Too much to ask I guess. That is all.

Correction....she didn't actually lose the cat. It's not like her car keys. Now if she had let her keys go outside of animal shelter in the middle of the night, they would probably be there when she went back for them. If they weren't, you could consider them lost.

BUT SHE DUMPED THE CAT OUTSIDE OF A SHELTER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. THAT IS NOT LOSING A PET, THAT IS ABANDONING A PET!

Correction....she didn't actually lose the cat. It's not like her car keys. Now if she had let her keys go outside of animal shelter in the middle of the night, they would probably be there when she went back for them. If they weren't, you could consider them lost.

BUT SHE DUMPED THE CAT OUTSIDE OF A SHELTER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. THAT IS NOT LOSING A PET, THAT IS ABANDONING A PET!

...and she feels bad about it.

I'm sure you coming on here and being an ******* to her is really helping.

I'm sure you've never done something out of anger and regretted it, ever.

I have....but I have also owned up to the consequences. You can't do something that mean to a helpless animal and expect an "I'm sorry" to cut it and we are all supposed to feel bad for her.

Now I haven't really gone on record slamming her. I posted a picture (which I thought was hilarious) and a comment for PCS that she didn't actually lose the cat. So I never really was being a ******* to her

I agree with Buzz. "Lost a pet" is really not an accurate description of what happened. To me that is when you leave a door open and an animal gets away. Or when it digs under a fence etc. This is a case where someone was angry about their car being soiled. And a softball game later(has to be a couple of hours) catches the animal, loads it into a car, drives it 7 miles up the road, and turns it loose. All over some car seats. Hardly a "moment of passion" situation. Best thing for this animal is probably to find someone a little more tolerant of it's spraying habit. Who knows what would happen next time it does something like this.

So you two are suggesting she put up signs that say "Cat abandoned, owner wants it back"?

She made a mistake and owned up to it, and is obviously looking for some support. The least we can do is provide that.

I am a huge animal lover, not as big on cats but I don't approve of her abandoning it. That being said, I don't feel it necessary to come on here and reprimand her.

So you two are suggesting she put up signs that say "Cat abandoned, owner wants it back"?

She made a mistake and owned up to it, and is obviously looking for some support. The least we can do is provide that.

I am a huge animal lover, not as big on cats but I don't approve of her abandoning it. That being said, I don't feel it necessary to come on here and reprimand her.

I would say "missing cat" is the best, honest way for her to say it. I totally understand her wanting to get it back. Don't know her well enough to say if she should get it back though.

I wouldn't say it is necessary to come on and reprimand her if say, she did it and I knew her so I started a thread about it. But she comes on here and expects sympathy? Nope, not gonna let that fly without putting in my $.02

I am not saying anything about a sign. Just that I would have a lot more sympathy for someone that actually lost their pet than for someone that thought about it for a few hours and then dumped it.

What would you say to a friend that did the same thing?

If you were the humane society and had the cat would you give it back after reading the original post?

Yes, she made a mistake. And yes, she owned up to it. I don't think anyone has said she should be locked up and the key thrown away. If I posted a thread that said I had a terrible day at work and my dog chewed on the couch so I kicked it a few times but feel really bad about it now....I wouldn't come here looking for 50k people to say "it's okay, you are sorry"

I think you make yourself fair game when you put yourself out there. This is a public forum. My suggestion is, if you don't like certain types of feedback on your actions, don't post your actions :).

All we ask as staff is that members remain respectful and stay in context. But nothing wrong with calling it like you see it.

I think a lot of people have come into this thread to provide support, so I think the OP got what she was looking for.

He did live outside, although every once in awhile I would hang on to him and watch TV, he's a total cuddler and a very sweet cat. His one and only issue is the spraying,. He was neutered after a year old, so its something that can't be fixed from what a couple vets told me.

That's correct. Our boy cat is the same, and he sprays occasionally, when something upsets him a lot. Things like major renovations on the house, change in cat door location, change in what the two sister cats expect him to do/not do - these are the things that make him spray. We've found that more attention helps him get over it sooner, and stops the spraying sooner.

I'm just upset that I let my self rage like that. Its completely abnormal for me. Just trying to believe he will either find his way home, or a new home.

I grew up on farms, raised animals all my life. I know better than to do this. ugh..

It happened and it's over now. Try not to punish yourself - there is no way to reverse it. We all have our moments.

Hopefully things will turn out fine for him, and maybe he'll even make it home to you. I really hope so, because then you'll be able to take a huge step toward getting over this - you'll be able to see that he still loves you (after the requisite cat "you inconvenienced me" cold shoulder).

This is what bothers me about the situation, and completely agree with GreatBuzz. I know the OP is upset, and understands what she did was wrong, and I do sympathize with here on the pain she must feel. Regardless what she did was wrong, and she didn't exhibit the traits of a good pet owner. I feel the sympathy for her should be put in reverse, and put squarely on the cat. Just because people don't feel sympathy for the animal, because they feel a cat is some worthless pet or something, is completely ridiculous to me...If it was a dog the whole board would be attacking this person...and you all know it's true. To say otherwise would be a straight lie.

rather than quote all the posts, I'll just respond in general

#1- I Did NOT come here looking for sympathy nor support of my actions. I can't say I was looking to get blasted, but I've been a member on this board long enough, and a TG poster long enough to know that by Posting a whole lot of people would lash out on me-I have no issue with that, and I never said anything towards that. It was a mod (or2) & some members who have known me on here for a couple years who didn't like the posts.

#2-regardless of what you think, I'm absolutely devastated at my actions. On one hand, it wasn't his first time ruining something, its been going on for a few years, even with him being a 99% of the time outdoor cat. Even with that said, I had no right in this world to do what I did, and I regret every moment. I've done pretty much all I can do, including tons of prayers that he is ok, whether he makes it back home or finds a new one.

#3- I didn't post here looking for forgiveness, that only comes from God. I can't tell anyone I know in real life, I'm way too ashamed. I wanted to get yelled at, I needed to get yelled at and knew this was the perfect forum to talk about a horrible, horrible thing I did.

#4- Don't think for a minute that I won't feel guilty about this for a long time, if not the rest of my life- especially if I never see him again.

I think as long as someone posts within the rules, they can post what they want. While I do appreciate some of you guys sticking up for me, I deserve every angry response that comes my way.

As was mentioned by someone earlier, ljs, forgive yourself. And as I said before, you're a good person. This doesn't change that.

It seems like you've beat yourself up enough that you don't need us yelling at you. You mentioned our God. Trust that He has given the cat the means to defend itself, or it has found a new family.

Learn from this. Let it go. And love yourself. OK? :)

Don't worry. It's a cat and will be fine. And that's about it...I know you feel bad and I can see why but it is hardly reprehensible. Now you know...it may seem hard to move on from and I know the feeling but it is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I wanted to get yelled at, I needed to get yelled at and knew this was the perfect forum to talk about a horrible, horrible thing I did.

I stand by what i said earlier in this thread in terms of at least you know what you did was wrong, that in itself is worth forgiving yourself over. It would be way worse if you did what you did, and didn't feel remorse...THAT would be soulless.

However I find it funny everyone in here wants to offer sympathy, and get on people like me for voicing my opinion, but in actuality...you WANT to hear the type of response I gave.

Funny stuff. Not from you, but from the board. I got banned over a response you probably wanted.

I did not comment on what you did right away, because I wanted to think of the right thing to say. As someone (me) who has constantly "broke up" with past friends, employers and such, I would like you to take a lesson out of this. I really do admire that you had the guts to come on this site and share this heartbreaking story with all of us, but in the future you need to stop and think. Don't let your impulses get the best of you.

It's a lesson that can be applied to your kids someday or your significant other. Never do anything or make any decision regarding someone important to you at the drop of the hat. I have known a lot of people who did the wrong thing, only to regret it almost immediately and for a long time after.

Yes, beat yourself up for a little while. Your cat might not come back, so revere his memory and seek to not do this kind of thing again. I hope you know that I am writing this with sadness and that I am not judging your soul for this.

Take care and use your soul as the mirror of your transgression.

Scott.

Funny stuff. Not from you, but from the board. I got banned over a response you probably wanted.

You got banned b/c you posted against the rules, not b/c you posted something that referenced being upset/mad or in disagreement w/ me.

Like I said, Post what you want, as long as its within the rules. I trust whoever banned you had reason to. Maybe you should read the rules just to refresh your memory on what the boundaries are, even when you disagree with someone.

Archived