Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need to confess...Update @ post 102!!

ljs

I did something completely out of character, and horrible and can only pray that forgiveness finds me. I feel like I need to confess, even maybe get yelled at, called names whatever. But here it is.

Last year sometime I posted a thread about my cat, how he sprays everything and I have to keep him outside. Parts of the thread were humerous, but I seriously was getting very annoyed with this cat. But I kept him around, other than his spraying issue, he is a total sweetheart and my pittbull thinks the cat is her baby.

Well Wednesday night this week I was taking my bike out of my 4 Runner and the back was up. The cat got inside my truck and sprayed my back seats. I was livid. I then went to my softball game, and got home still totally pissed off at the cat.

So I caught the cat and drove him 7 miles north and dumped him near the humane society. My gf wouldn't really speak to me when I got home, and then after 30 minutes we decided to go back and try and find him- Well we didn't find him and I still can't find him. I went back yesterday to the Humane society and just asked them to keep any eye out (of course not telling them why he would be around there). I also went by a couple business, as the Humane society is next to the small private airport. Its a scarcely populated area, but also stopped at the nearest house and told them- leaving my name and cats description with everyone.

I went back this mornign before work, driving around calling him- and balling my eyes out feeling like the most horrible human being ever.

I'm gonna keep looking, and praying he may find his way home w/o getting killed. I just can't believe I did this. Its completey out of my character and I'm totally ashamed. Even a stupid cat didnt' deserve to get dumped like that.

Confession is good for the soul. Yeah. You're throwing yourself on your sword,and some may help twist the sucker,but it's obvious you regret what you did. We're human and we make mistakes. Many times,those mistakes are based on decisions we make out of frustration and such. The hardest thing to do now,is to get off your own back and realize the above. Sorry this happened.

I gave my cat up to the Loudoun County Animal Shelter in March. She was constantly puking, and the Vets couldn't determine what was causing it. She also hated the dog, and by association us. We tried for 2 full years to adopt her out ourselves since every cat adoption agency within 50 miles had a wait list. A wait list that required me to pay them anywhere from $75 to $250 to be on a wait list while I still housed the cat and took her to the vet monthly to ensure proper health.

ljs, I think we can all say we've done something more boneheaded in anger than that. Ease up on yourself. You're a good person, and this doesn't change that. I hope the cat is found safe, if that's what you want.

don't fret. Cats are souless creatures. They served their purposes in the middle ages (before rat traps were invented). Good for you kicking his ass out to the curb.

I'm guessing you wouldn't have the same response if it had been a dog.

Just my opinion, but we should probably try a little harder to keep this from becoming a (sick) joke thread. ljs made a mistake, and is obviously having a hard time with it. How about a little less mockery and a little more support, hm?

The cat will be fine, it is an amimal after all and has enough instincts to survive out there. Could be the cat likes it out there and doesen't want to come back. Out there spraying at will! Sounds like fun to me. Good luck with your search.

Archived