Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need to confess...Update @ post 102!!

ljs

Some of you guys I swear. Geez.

At least my joke was going to be good. And not related to the issue at all.

ljs, sorry to hear about your rash decision. In the end you might be better off, and perhaps that is what you were thinking at that moment of rage. Chin up and keep it moving. Things will work out for the best eventually even if you are feeling a little saddened and remorseful right now.

Easy cheesy, tough talk over the messag board is no bueno. No need to flip out over a lost cat. You dudes are missing the point. The cat want's to be outside. Clearly he was acting out by pissing all over your house and personal belongings. You set him free. Now he can roam the woods where he belongs. I just hope he was an out door cat to begin with.

Oh please,(your past posts in mind,there is some irony there). No point to be lost,(not even the one on a few heads here). Someone's lost a pet,a family member and it would be nice for once if some members on ES would show a little class. Too much to ask I guess. That is all.

Anyway. LJ,again,I hope the cat turns up. Hang in there.

.... The cat want's to be outside. Clearly he was acting out by pissing all over your house and personal belongings. You set him free. Now he can roam the woods where he belongs. I just hope he was an out door cat to begin with.

He was an outdoor cat. He was born to my moms barn cat- but from an early age he ran to the house and wanted in. Very pretty silver/grey, and sweet. I took him at age 1 and got him neutered, and he was indoor/outdoor and never noticed any issue. Then as I'm packing and moving about 2 yrs ago (where I live now)- I caught him spraying in the dog crate, that was in my kitchen. But never any other time in the house, but I knew he did outside (he was outside most of the time by his choice) by then...however at the new house I wasn't even gonna take a chance and he's happily lived outside/garage since. But, he sprays everything outside, and sometimes in the garage. So then in my truck, well- thats the rest of the story.

oh, I did make some cool posters today w/ his pic. so we'll see what happens.

I hope nobody minds me taking a religious point of view on it, but here are what I believe to be the steps to repentance:

• Confession of sin - confession is supposed to be to God, but I sense you're not religious; I think this thread will be fairly therapeutic for you

it may surprise you, but I do believe in God.:)

I know that, and I also know that I didn't say "him," I said "hm?"

You had to add something I didn't say to make me wrong. Typical woman. :pfft:

oh pardon! :evilg:

I know I'm on here rarely the last few months, but I'm still me :D

it may surprise you, but I do believe in God.:)
I just assumed you weren't too religious since you sought forgiveness from us. You know what they say when one assumes :). I meant no offense by it - the point of my post was that you're doing all of the secular things needed in order to get past it and move on.

Did his spraying happen to start or become more noticeable once your gf's cat moved in too? Maybe he was getting territorial because of her cat being around and it sent him into spraying overdrive? Especially if her cat is an outdoor cat, your cat probably views your house and your yard etc as his property as well and that is his way of telling the other cat, hands off.

We all do stupid things in a bit of rage. Hell, I thought your story was going to be worse, and I almost didn't even want to read. I have 2 cats & a dog, and until Me and my wife start having kids, my pets are basically looked at by us as our children.

Good luck to the cat, maybe he will be happy. It is possible he was roaming around and someone saw him and picked him up and took him home. Not finding him is better than finding him on the side of the road, if ya know what I mean.

Good luck man!

if he comes back get him fixed and that should fix the spraying

a friend of mine lived in N. Arl and when his wife left he took her cat and dumped him in S arl a good 5 miles and the cat made it back home after 3 days

so he took the cat and dumped in in Alexandria a good 8 miles away and the cat made it back after 5 days

then he took him to the animal shelter

that cat had to cross a lot of busy roads to make it back twice

a friend of mine lived in N. Arl and when his wife left he took her cat and dumped him in S arl a good 5 miles and the cat made it back home after 3 days

so he took the cat and dumped in in Alexandria a good 8 miles away and the cat made it back after 5 days

then he took him to the animal shelter

that cat had to cross a lot of busy roads to make it back twice

That's effin crazy! 8 miles?!?! What can Cats read road signs? How the **** did it make it back home? lol

Lifes too short to beat yourself up over stuff like this. Cat's are terrifically self suficient. How often do you see a cat run over? Not very often. My father inlaw dumped a cat 10miles from his house and it returned. Amazing.

Plus, I have a worse cat story. Accidentally dried my cat to death in a dryer when he got in to lay in the warm clothes. Mom dried her clothes then threw my damp ones in but didn't start it since I was asleep. I woke up, cranked up the stereo, shut the drier door and turned it on. Didn't find him til I jumped out of the shower and turned down the stereo and heard a strange thumping noise.

Your cat's much better off. ;)

That's effin crazy! 8 miles?!?! What can Cats read road signs? How the **** did it make it back home? lol

I do not know but that cat did it twice. He hated the cat because it reminded him of his wife

at least he finally took him to shelter. The cat was a pure breed Persian

Don't beat yourself up Ljs. If it helps: Like others have said: The cat can probably find it's way back home if it wants to. If not, odds are good it found a new set of humans to feed it and give it attention.

Seriously, anybody who's ever had an outdoor cat knows how quick it can set up a "support network" of going to other people's homes for food and attention. "Aww cute kitty!" And they can hunt for themselves in a pinch.

Aside from losing a pet you cared about, the worst that probably happened is that you let a fertile cat out to make more wild kittens. (I don't think the cat minded that)

Second the "get it spayed" if it comes back.

He'll make it back. He's gotta check up on that truck of his he marked.
This man speaks truth. LMAO.

He was neutered after a year old, so its something that can't be fixed from what a couple vets told me.

I took him at age 1 and got him neutered, and he was indoor/outdoor and never noticed any issue.

Second the "get it spayed" if it comes back.

The cat's fixed, people!!!!

Man's best friend? Dog's are great. A dog will get you laid. Cat's are for loaners, goths and high maintaince C's.

You guys did the right thing. You put that rodent back into its natural environment. Let them go hunt rats.

Cats have personalities, dogs do not. I love both dogs and cats, but dogs cost way too much money and are hard to maintain because they are attention whores. Cats just chill and are self sufficient, far superior to dogs in that sense.

Can you leave a dog alone in a house for a week to go on vacation? Not without having someone help take care of it. Cats, you can load up the feeder/waterer and leave a **** load of water bowls around. Clean liter box and they take care of themselves.

on a side note, my wife and I don't fit your ridiculous stereotype of cat owners/lovers. We are not goth, loners and my wife is certainly not a ****.

Easy cheesy, tough talk over the messag board is no bueno. No need to flip out over a lost cat. You dudes are missing the point. The cat want's to be outside. Clearly he was acting out by pissing all over your house and personal belongings. You set him free. Now he can roam the woods where he belongs. I just hope he was an out door cat to begin with.

Cats don't spray because they want to be outside. They spray because they are marking their territory. Male cats spray, female cats just piss. We have a male cat and a female cat and the male one is neutered, so he can't spray, but trust me, outside is the last place he wants to be. He hates it because he was abused when he was a kitten. Some punk ass kids kicked his throat in and he had trachea damage.

I agree with you about cats and their personalities, but you couldn't be further off about dogs, IMHO.

They have personalities too, but not to the likes of a cat. I love dogs, but they require a lot of time and money. Unless you take them with you on vacation, you have to take them to a kennel or friends or have someone watch them.

Dogs need exercise and you have to walk them or take them to a park to let them play, especially big dogs. You have to house train them, cats are born with the instinct to use the litter box.

Cats are easier to maintain than dogs. I would love to get a dog, but we aren't until my daughter is old enough to help take care of it (she's 2 1/2 now) because we don't have enough time in the day now to get **** done, much less care for a puppy.

My cat kept peeing on my bed.. Then did it on my shoulder while sleeping.

I put her in a box and took her to the petshop in Old town.

They couldnt' take her as they had too many and i brought her home.

Since then she's been great...

But all actions have consequences...

Archived