Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

i think its more low risk, low reward.... rams wouldnt have traded him if he had much potential... i dont even think he starts unless for some idiotic reason we trade AH

believe it or not there have been trades in the NFL where a player was undervalued by a team, played out of position or not utilized correctly, and was traded to another team where he had success.

just because someone was traded for a 5th doesn't mean they suck, this year alone:

ted ginn, who if nothing else is a great return guy

ernie sims, starting linebacker probably

santonio holmes, super bowl mvp two years ago and still a weapon at WR

i bet randy moss was a colossal bust for the patriots who gave oakland nothing for him.

im not sure how this really benefits the rams, i guess its better than just cutting carriker.... but trade carriker, and get a slightly better draft pick in return?
Me either other than they get to dump salary and possibly clear a spot for taking a DT # 1.

For the AH-haters - Carriker played NT his rookie year (his better year) and can play end as well. Kinda fits into that whole "everyone will shift positions across the line" thing Haslett has been saying since day 1?

Just sayin - the "this spells the doom of AH" crowd shouldnt get too excited...hopefully, ya never know these days.

Well they may be wondering how he will do coming off of injury. Also, he doesnt fit their system and has been playing out of position. I think theyre making room for Suh

Could be. I'm more concerned about the cap hit. Have those mubers been released yet? He was drafted 13th overall. His contract is still probably pretty big.

why don't you post something about Campbell and a 3rd.

Well, my initial suggestion was the following:

Rams Get: #4 Overrall, Skins 5th and Jason Campbell, Andre Carter/Rocky McIntosh

Skins Get: #1 Overrall, Rams #5 and Adam Carriker (possible Otogwe)

I also suggested a 2nd Scenario involving Haynesworth either straight up for their 2nd or 3rd Rounder, or possibly we get their 1st and give up the 5th rounder.

If you remove the talk of the 1sts it would look like we got a steal for Carriker

Rams Get: #Skins 5th and Jason Campbell, Andre Carter/Rocky McIntosh

Skins Get: Rams #5 and Adam Carriker (possible Otogwe)

SO we got Carriker without having to trade Campbell or Carter or Rocky... Wow. its nice to have adults at the helm for a change :D

It amuses me that we are so conditioned to horrible trades that everyone figured the worst here.

This trade and the McNabb trade are looking pretty good compared to the crap moves of the previous administration if you ask me. And no big overpriced free-agent deals this spring?

Looks like a pretty good offseason so far...if they can fix the 0-line it's a freakin' clean sweep if you ask me.

It amuses me that we are so conditioned to horrible trades that everyone figured the worst here.

It wouldn't have been horrible if it was just the 5th, but it sure would have been frustrating to see the team trade further out of this draft, when it seems that most of the league is trying to get deeper into it.

Pretty elite move by the FO. I love that it wasn't enough to get a first round player for moving down 20 spots in the 5th. We've got to move up 3 spots by trading 7ths too or it just isn't happening lol

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/archive/2007DRAFT/2007profiles/adam.carriker.htm

Adam Carriker DE/DT Nebraska

STRENGTHS

Adam is a powerful defensive lineman who can play more than one position on the line. He uses his hands very well and is excellent at the point of attack. He could easily bulk up and become a DT or play right now at his size as a DE in a 3-4. He can also play the strong side DE in a 4-3. Adam is what I call a power pass rusher. He uses mostly inside moves to get to the QB and doesn’t have to rely on speed to get there. He overpowers his man, using his quickness in a small space to defeat his opponent and put pressure on the QB. Adam shows leadership qualities and makes the players around him better. He is an excellent team player and handles a double team very well.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE

Adam is not an “off the edge” speed rusher. Because he plays mostly DE, the scouts might downgrade him. That will be a big mistake. His lack of

speed hurts his ability to beat an OT around the edge, but he’s smart and works hard, so his lack of speed will not hurt his overall game very much as soon as he gets some experience.

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 1

Adam is the type of kid you build a defense around. He will never stop trying to improve in any area he might have limitations. He will be to your defense what Peyton Manning is to an offense. Adam is a leader and a communicator on the field. As far as using him as a pass rusher…the truth is, all you have to do is move him inside on third and long and he will be a monster getting to the QB. At the same time, he’ll still give you a presence to stop the occasional offensive coordinator who thinks he is going to run for the first down. Adam fits the new 1-gap defensive line scheme that seems to be all the rage in the NFL right now. He has a lot of the same talents that Tommy Harris has, but is more consistent in defending against the run. This type of Defensive lineman is very hard to find. They take care of their run responsibilities and are not interested in who gets credit for the sack just as long as somebody gets to the QB. Like I said, Adam is the type of D-lineman you build your defense around. He will do all the work that’s needed and he doesn’t care who gets the credit. D-lineman like Adam are often taken for granted by the fans and media, but not by offensive coordinators who have to figure out a way for Adam not to impact the game or turn an offensive lineman into a slobbering fool.

Archived