Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

Is cash an option in NFL trades? I've never heard of anyone being traded for "x and cash" before...

i don't think its a specific option.

but you can certainly move the contract around so that it is paid in different ways, which is basically the same thing. you can let teams off the hook for things they otherwise would have to pay.

We didn't, Cerrato did.

But I've been hearing rumors about Jarmon shedding a few pounds to get down to 270 to play OLB on the strong side with Chris Wilson, Andre Carter, Lorenzo Alexander.

I dunno, I'd rather he bulk up a bit and be a young, solid 3-4 DE. If he gets up to around 300-310, he could be a solid DE in either a 3-4 or a 4-3. After all, it's not like there's not an abundance of undersized 4-3 DEs in college football (around 240-250 lbs) that wouldn't have an easier time moving to OLB in a 3-4.

So we're switching to a 3-4 at the expense of giving up draft picks that we REALLY should be using on offensive help.

This 3-4 defense BETTER be tops in the league, after all the sacrifices we're making, including turning AH bitter, and passing up sufficient bodies that would have worked fine on a 4-3 defense.

I dunno, I'd rather he bulk up a bit and be a young, solid 3-4 DE. If he gets up to around 300-310, he could be a solid DE in either a 3-4 or a 4-3. After all, it's not like there's not an abundance of undersized 4-3 DEs in college football (around 240-250 lbs) that wouldn't have an easier time moving to OLB in a 3-4.

I like the concept of Jarmon moving to OLB in a 3-4, personally, and I know my homerism is coming through, but I'm hoping he turns out to be a Lamarr Woodley guy. Legit NFL 4-3 DE size, that can bull rush as a 3-4 OLB.

So we're switching to a 3-4 at the expense of giving up draft picks that we REALLY should be using on offensive help.

This 3-4 defense BETTER be tops in the league, after all the sacrifices we're making, including turning AH bitter, and passing up sufficient bodies that would have worked fine on a 4-3 defense.

Dude...we're dropping like 30 spots in the 5th round. We're not giving up a pick. We still have a 5th rounder.

And you really think we'll draft someone in the 5th round on offense, that can come in and contribute? We need o-line help, and I assure you, no o-line guy drafted 30 picks lower in round 5 will be miles better than someone drafted at the end of the 5th round.

HUH, what draft picks have the Skins given up to move to the 3-4? And the defense BETTER be tops in the league because of all this mystery picks they have given up? WTH are you talking about?

This is a beautiful, low-risk, low-cost pick up. Could position the Rams to pick up Suh or Mccoy, making that number 4 pick REALLY interesting.

I really don't see this impacting who they take at #1. Carriker was an odd man out in that defense and had pretty much no real place in it, not to mention his injury. Not quick enough to be a penetrating DT or rush DE in a 4-3, too light to be a space filling DT or NT. He has the ideal body for a 3-4 DE, though.

So yeah, it isn't like the Rams got rid of some major impact D lineman to make room for Suh. They were just shedding extra weight that they didn't need.

Archived