Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

I love this deal. When I heard we traded for Carriker I immediately hated it because I assumed we gave up ridiculous picks. Its going to take a while for me to get used to our Front Office making good deals! We basically got a low risk, high reward player, and this coming right after we convinced the eagles to trade their Franchise QB to a division rival.

This whole team feels different.

Schedule release tonight to... what a great day. I hope we get the Cowgirls at Fed Ex opening day so we can unveil the new Redskins.

The Washington Redskins who SCORE POINTS... more than you!

the release is now DAL (snf), HOU, @STL, @PHI, GB, INDY (snf), @CHI, @DET, BYE, PHI (mnf), @TEN, MIN, @NYG, TB, @DAL, @JAX, NYG

We must remember the Rams suck.

But seriously, not a bad move to give a young guy a chance to compete in a new system with new coaching. He apparently had potential at some point.

But I was interested in this guy after I kept hearing his name, the good ol "Haynesworth for Carriker!" posts, and his career stats are pretty much...well nothing. He hasn't done hardly anything, I think a couple sacks over his career. I really don't know why this guy became the hot topic for Extremeskins lately, but hell, it apparently was something there. Maybe I'm the only one that just doesn't see it.

Either way, swapping 5th and 7th rounders isn't much at all. You're getting about the same there really, regardless of how many spots back we're moving. I approve, I'll take a young body to compete.

i have a feeling....

this trade may very well not be finished...stay with me for a moment:

'Skins get = Carriker, swap 5th & 7th rd picks with Rams

then...on draft day........

Rams select Suh #1

Bradford or Clausen land at #4...

Redskins get Suh & Rams#2, Rams get AH & the #4 pick to select their QB of the future.

i'm not sure i even like the idea.......but i can't shake the feeling that this trade looks too slanted in our favor for it to be finished.

his career stats are pretty much...well nothing. He hasn't done hardly anything, I think a couple sacks over his career. I really don't know why this guy became the hot topic for Extremeskins lately, but hell, it apparently was something there. Maybe I'm the only one that just doesn't see it.

He's was an oversized college DE that they tried to play at DT. Those type of guys don't usually put up sacks to begin with, not to mention that he was out of position. He's great against the run, weak against the pass. Just what we need out of a 3-4 DE...plug up the holes and contain.

These guys are supposed to put up 40-50 tkls, a couple PDs, and a few sacks. The stats are all had by the LBs.

i have a feeling....

Rams select Suh #1

Redskins get Suh & Rams#2, Rams get AH & the #4 pick to select their QB of the future.

i'm not sure i even like the idea.......but i can't shake the feeling that this trade looks too slanted in our favor for it to be finished.

Wouldnt suprise me either if there was more to come

Chris Horton, Rock Cartwright and Marko Mitchell would like to have a word out back with you lol :cool:...

Touche.

Either way, it's a great trade for us.

The only work left undone is that we need to grab more picks ahead of the draft. Right now we are very, very thin when we need OL badly (as well as FS, OLB, and a young RB).

i have a feeling....

Rams select Suh #1

Oh man, I'd do some sommersalts (sp)

Shanny and Allen just OWNED 90% of you. Just take a seat and let professionals go to work. I've never seen so many armchair GMs in my life who don't know the hell is going on.

Don't gag on the koolaid son. The jury is out when it comes to Shanny and personnel moves on the defensive side especially on the D line.

Carriker is coming back from two shoulder injuries so lets wait before saying he is a starter or better before camp even begins.

You live in Atlanta, so you had to have seen plenty of know nothing armchair and professional GMs. :)

LMFAO...... from the rams MB:

Re: Carriker to be traded

Quote:

Originally Posted by rams_man13 viewpost.gif

Everywhere I read it's still a swap of 5ths...

We move up 28 spots, from 163 to 135.

Whoop de frickin' doo.

Chances remain whoever we take with that selection won't pan out into a long term upgrade at any position.

At least try to stockpile a pick or two if you want to get some more Hello Kitty Bandaids to plug holes.

How many times have I heard things like that RE: Vinny moves on this board. =)~~~~ :drooley::drooley::drooley::drooley::drooley:

White injury prone end?!?! Oh yeah!!!!

We better be keeping Haynesworth now.

"Jared Allen!, Jared Allen!, that's they one!" :)

I would add Kampman but....that's....about....it.

Seriously, you're a racist *******. Do everyone a favor and keep your ignorant ass away from our message board.

Touche.

The only work left undone is that we need to grab more picks ahead of the draft. Right now we are very, very thin when we need OL badly (as well as FS, OLB, and a young RB).

I agree, it's a really good trade :yes:...I just wish we could have moved up more than 3 spots in the 7th round (meaning, too bad the Rams didn't have a mid-to-low 6th round pick they could have swapped with us instead lol).

the clear difference is that Carriker is coming back from an injury that will not compromise his career whereas Erasmus James suffered ACL/MCL tear and was a DE that depended upon speed to attack the edge.

Carriker is a 300 pounder who anchors the line against the run and functions like a younger version of Phillip Daniels.

Haslett is right in thinking Carriker can be more effective at DE in a 3-4.

If anything, this move opens up the way for a deal of AH for one of the Saints tackles that are restricted free agents.

And if that trade goes through the Redskins could still be players for Bradford.

Touche.

Regarding the OL, are you discounting what Kyle Shanahan said about the present arrangements of the OL we have?

This trade seems like such a steal I wonder if Carriker's health issues are more serious than we know.

But that aside I have to say I like the deal a lot. Although I don't agree with all the moves we have made this offseason at least we finally have a front office with some negotiation skills, rather just distributing our draft picks around the league like birthday presents.

Archived