Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

i think he added some weight to become a better run stopping DE.

i really liked him with his limited time on the field but he got hurt IIRC.

No, he is cutting down to the 260 range from his 277 playing weight. Crossing my fingers b/c I thought he was a good player too up to his injury.

RickMaese

Trade update: also swap 7th round picks. Skins move up in 7th round from 211 overall to rams' spot at 208 less than 20 seconds ago via TweetDeck

Wow, I wonder if we were holding out a bit to move up 3 spots in the 7th round. Allen will get his value. LOL!

One of our DE's should be worried 2 days after we wrap up mini camp and Shanny is quoted at saying "We saw some players that didn't impress us" we trade for a DE. In with one AC out with the other AC possibly! Man the draft is going to be something exciting this year I can't wait til Thursday!

One of our DE's should be worried 2 days after we wrap up mini camp and Shanny is quoted at saying "We saw some players that didn't impress us" we trade for a DE. In with one AC out with the other AC possibly! Man the draft is going to be something exciting this year I can't wait til Thursday!

Maybe Andre could fetch us a late second or early to mid third...

I like it.

As long as that's all we gave up, Carriker was a great player coming out of college and as long as he's healthy its a great pick up.

I like that we're going from very little DL depth to quite a bit of depth. Think of the Giants in the past few years, where they could just plug in another guy and get pressure. We don't have the amount of talent they did just yet but we could be building toward that.

Looks like the Rams are trying to forget this day in July of 2007:

"St. Louis Rams: Finishing off an impressive daily double at the bargaining table, which included a record deal for quarterback Marc Bulger, the St. Louis Rams on Friday signed first-round draft choice Adam Carriker, a defensive tackle from Nebraska, to his first NFL contract.

The 13th player chosen overall, Carriker signed a five-year contract worth $14.5 million, with guarantees of $9.5 million." Posted by Len Pasquarelli 7/28/07

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2951187

No, he is cutting down to the 260 range from his 277 playing weight. Crossing my fingers b/c I thought he was a good player too up to his injury.

poor guy. they tell you that you have to bulk up one year and then the next year they tell you you gotta cut it back and drop 20.

he's a guy that can be successful rushing the passer.

Swapping 5th rounders for a potential 1st round talent sounds good to me.

I would say that this move may SLIGHTLY increase the chance the Rams take Suh and if that happens, Bradford may fall to us on the expectation that we wont draft him because we have McNabb. Please, let it be so.

I would snag him in a heartbeat, If we can extend McNabb's contract, great. We can trade him later. If we cant come to terms, fine. We still have Bradford if he wants to walk. And if Bradford doesn't progress as we hope, *HE* can be the trade bait. Either way we stockpile draft pics in the form of two very desirable QBs.

Yeah, we would still need O linemen but maybe this makes a Haynesworth trade a little more likely as well.

Our FO may have started slow this year but they are finishing with a bang.

the scary thing about this trade is I made a comment today about a possible trade up involving carriker, and talking about swapping 5th rounders would be good. this is crazy... I can't believe we pulled this one off LOL... Bring on Okung!!! :D

Now if Rams take Suh, what do the Rams do? McCoy or Okung?

Archived