Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

I'm not saying the guy isn't going to work out. I don't know anything about the contract we just traded for but even if he doesn't pan out for us, it's still a steal? If he doesn't work out it was a great move?

Yes, it still is, because even in hindsight from the perspective that he failed all we did was move from the top of the 5th to the bottom of the 5th in order to get him. The odds of us missing out on a perrenial probowler in the 5th cuz of the move are ridiculously low.

I know it sounds weird cuz if he fails then in hindsight we shouldn't have gotten him. What I mean is that even if the move fails, these are the TYPES of moves we should be making, so even if Carriker fails with us, the type of move was good and we should continue it. Hope that clarifies it, I could have said it better the first time.

Personally, I thought both were smart moves by the FO. Yes, James didn't work out, but for how little we gave up for him, he was worth a flyer. Same goes for this move.

Yeah, my take on this and the rash of other DL signings you mentioned (as well as RBs) is that Shanny wants to come into camp with a bunch of depth at these positions, especially as many have health and other concerns, and see what shakes out.

The move that hurts the most looking back is a 3rd for Jarmon in the supplimental. That is the pick that is the worst, hindsight being 20/20. (and I loved the pick at the time). 4-3 DEs aren't worth what they used to be, and we all thought we had gotten a steal on one of the better ones that would be coming out this year.

His position is a 4/3 DT....

Shanny hasnt made the switch completely, and he said its going to have both 3-4 & 4-3 philosophies.

I wouldn't get too attached to AH

Well I am after seeing what he did for orakpo. I think you guys are drinking the shanny Kool-aid to much & especially what we just payed for him.

Anyone know the extent of his inury last year? Heard it was a SERIOUS shoulder injury.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch 09.07.2009

Defensive tackle Adam Carriker of the St. Louis Rams says he is scheduled for surgery Wednesday to repair a torn muscle in his right shoulder. Carriker said he has a 75 percent tear in the subscapularis muscle in the shoulder. The supscapularis is the deepest muscle of the rotator cuff.

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/09/carrikers-surgery-set-for-wednesday/

subscapularis muscle tear information (sounds like it sucks :pfft:)

http://www.shoulderinstitute.co.za/publications/SUBSCAPULARIS%20TEARS_WM.pdf

His position is a 4/3 DT....

Actually and others may correct me if im wrong but Carriker is more suited for the 3/4 Than then 4/3 which was one of the reasons for his struggles in st louis

Honestlly Carriker and the rams 5th for the skins 5th is a great deal at worst you drop back a few spots this moves got more reward than risk.

St. Louis Post-Dispatch 09.07.2009

Defensive tackle Adam Carriker of the St. Louis Rams says he is scheduled for surgery Wednesday to repair a torn muscle in his right shoulder. Carriker said he has a 75 percent tear in the subscapularis muscle in the shoulder. The supscapularis is the deepest muscle of the rotator cuff.

http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/09/carrikers-surgery-set-for-wednesday/

subscapularis muscle tear information (sounds like it sucks :pfft:)

http://www.shoulderinstitute.co.za/publications/SUBSCAPULARIS%20TEARS_WM.pdf

That doesn't sound pleasant:yikes:

He did play DT in a 4-3 but he'd be rotating in and out with Daniels as a defensive end in the new 3-4 scheme.

wow i thought we we're going to try to get more picks, now we're giving more away!! so what does this mean? do we definately trade back for picks?

They didn't trade away a pick. The Rams gave us their 5th rounder and Carriker to move up to our pick in the 5th round.

I agree...I wouldnt get too attached!!! also...you said Shanny needs to work with AH...Shanny is at Redskins park working....where is AH again?

I think if AH wants to work out like he did in Tenn. then let him because it is voluntary. I think the people who needed to be at redskin park are there (Portic, etc...) because the sacks that AH did for last year was not seen in 2008 season.

Archived