Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

the scary thing about this trade is I made a comment today about a possible trade up involving carriker, and talking about swapping 5th rounders would be good. this is crazy... I can't believe we pulled this one off LOL... Bring on Okung!!! :D

why don't you post something about Campbell and a 3rd.

I read a great point on another post. A gap on the Dline in St. Louis leaves room for Suh at #1 and a potential slide to the #4 spot for Bradford. Could Shanny and Allen be setting up a big trade down instead of just taking Bradford at #4?

That might be possible as well (see my post above).

Either way, looks like they are thinking ahead to give us the most options.

I would say that this move may SLIGHTLY increase the chance the Rams take Suh and if that happens, Bradford may fall to us on the expectation that we wont draft him because we have McNabb. Please, let it be so.
That would be our perfect trade down scenario because somebody out there would be willing to trade up to get Bradford.

Funny how this thread is such a microcosm of ES lately. Someone tweets the barest hint of a rumor, people start tearing their hair and gnashing their teeth, others come in and try to calm the mob with commonsense and reasonableness only to be shouted down, then while everyone is furiously posting as fast as they can the facts start leaking out and lo and behold, it isn't the unmitigated disaster that some thought afterall. The tide shifts all within a matter of minutes. Now is the time for reposts saying that some were misunderstood, they thought this was brilliant from the very beginning.

Humor thy name is twitter.

Picked up veteran depth for a swap of 5th round picks, I like it.

Veteran depth????? This guy is a young starter....he is only 25 and perfectly fits the 3-4 DE position. Dude was a top 10 pick....its a STEAL!!!!!!!!! I can't remember us being on the better side of a deal this good since getting two top 10 picks in 2000.

5th rounder. man we just dont like the draft very much this year do we? lol

LOL....you are pining over whomever we would cut with our 5th round pick instead of thinking of getting a good young dl player that can possibly be a nt and allow haynesworth to be de and doesnt blowup our roster too much? Yesterday Green, today Carriker. Shanny is trying to get Big Al into the fold.

Funny how this thread is such a microcosm of ES lately. Someone tweets the barest hint of a rumor, people start tearing their hair and gnashing their teeth, others come in and try to calm the mob with commonsense and reasonableness only to be shouted down, then while everyone is furiously posting as fast as they can the facts start leaking out and lo and behold, it isn't the unmitigated disaster that some thought afterall. The tide shifts all within a matter of minutes. Now is the time for reposts saying that some were misunderstood, they thought this was brilliant from the very beginning.

Humor thy name is twitter.

I understand but I believe all this was on ESPN not twitter.

So was this the big move they were talking about

Well the Skins are clearly not rebuilding through the draft they should just give away the remaining picks they still have a day to toss those picks too.

ummm, have you read this thread yet to see what we didn't really give up?

Well the Skins are clearly not rebuilding through the draft they should just give away the remaining picks they still have a day to toss those picks too.

They just moved positions. We still have the pick. Read before you post

We didn't give up any picks, we swapped 5ths and 7ths...and this might make way for us to grab someone else's picks...

Stop being a Negative Nancy

rams fans really enjoying 4-20 today?

I think the Rams FO has partaken in the festivities a bit too.

It is hard to say what the team's plan is for Jarmon, since he's still rehabbing from last year.

Jarmon, in an interview, said some time back that he is shedding weight to move to OLB IIRC.

Shanny and Allen just OWNED 90% of you. Just take a seat and let professionals go to work. I've never seen so many armchair GMs in my life who don't know the hell is going on.

insane isn't it ... people are SOOOOOOOOOO ready to crap on any move the skins make.

the first few pages of this thread is priceless, so many panties in a bunch its sick.

Archived