Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

Thats it? Really? Wow! I guess they payed him up front. From a quick search...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2951187

I would figured that it would be more according to the contract numbers...

Adam_Schefter

Carricker on sale RT @SalaryCap101: Carriker has 2 yrs remaining on his rookie contract; #Redskins will pay him 1.07M in '10 & 1.42M in '11

So now I see things hopefully playing out like this:

Our 3 Down lineman are Carriker, Kamaeotu, Daniels. Or best 3 camp produces.

We trade Haynesworth for say a 2 round pick from Detroit.

St Louis takes Suh so Bradford falls to us.

We either trade back or we choose Bradford and hold his rights hostage. We manage to get 49ers or Seahawks 2 1st round picks.

We trade Jason for a 5th. And our draft will look like this.

1st

1st

2nd

4th

5th

5th

7th

This would be great IMO. The two first round picks would allow us to either get our 2 tackles or get a LT and a RB or a LT and a FS.

Basically the 2 1st's and 2nd round pick will net us a LT, RT and whoever else we want to add to make plays.

Can the DRAFT START TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st round talent playing at third round production for swapped 5th round pick, that's actually a good trade.

Maybe we can groom him to play at 1st round talent.

Maybe we can groom him into being a pro bowler? This is sending a strong message to Haynesworth.

But you know now, If we keep Haynesworth you will have a pretty awesome Defensive front. Common Brandon Jacobs lets see you get through this front 3.

Maybe we can groom him into being a pro bowler? This is sending a strong message to Haynesworth.

But you know now, If we keep Haynesworth you will have a pretty awesome Defensive front. Common Brandon Jacobs lets see you get through this front 3.

you know if you keep Haynesworth to play next to him.. it would aid in grooming Carriker into a Pro Bowler..

So now I see things hopefully playing out like this:

Our 3 Down lineman are Carriker, Kamaeotu, Daniels. Or best 3 camp produces.

We trade Haynesworth for say a 2 round pick from Detroit.

St Louis takes Suh so Bradford falls to us.

We either trade back or we choose Bradford and hold his rights hostage. We manage to get 49ers or Seahawks 2 1st round picks.

We trade Jason for a 5th. And our draft will look like this.

1st

1st

2nd

4th

5th

5th

7th

This would be great IMO. The two first round picks would allow us to either get our 2 tackles or get a LT and a RB or a LT and a FS.

Basically the 2 1st's and 2nd round pick will net us a LT, RT and whoever else we want to add to make plays.

Can the DRAFT START TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your optimism but would be astounded if we ended up with that selection of draft picks. Over the moon. But astounded :)

Really gotta give props to Bruce for this one. I was happy when the rumor was that we gave up a 5th. To find out that we only had to drop to the bottom of the 5th is unreal. Even if somehow he turns out to be a complete bust, it was a small price to pay to find that out.

****ING LOVE IT! Great move, so happy about this. My only concerns on defense now are Andre Carter playing 3-4 OLB opposite Orakpo and the FS position with Landry moving back to SS.. If we make some moves on those 2 positions through the draft our D will be straight nasty this year.

Really gotta give props to Bruce for this one. I was happy when the rumor was that we gave up a 5th. To find out that we only had to drop to the bottom of the 5th is unreal. Even if somehow he turns out to be a complete bust, it was a small price to pay to find that out.

Yep. Very small price. Small Risk, Huge Reward. Or FO has really been making a ton of moves this offseason.

Johnson, Parker, Mcnabb, Carriker, Kamaeotu, Buchanon and thats not even counting the "No Name" players.

Now you know we will atleast have 1 good draft pick... the 4th pick.

This team is going to look feel and play totally different. You have a culture change, a new offense and new defense, new players, new attitudes and a ton of players playing with something to prove.

Im gonna dare to say it right now. No no Im not. Was almost going to but I wont.

P L A O f S! (Didnt say it.)

I love your optimism but would be astounded if we ended up with that selection of draft picks. Over the moon. But astounded :)

I would do a backflip in my living room if it happened. Then I would have to watch the rest of the draft in the ER cause the back of my head pobably would break open on the hard wood floor.

JLC says the Redskins plan to do something big. He was right about Mcnabb.

If we land Berry and Okung or another LT and Spiller. Im gonna do a suicide dive off my car.

I'm not really excited to have Carriker here. I've seen what he did with the Rams and by all accounts they consider him a bust. BUT, if what you guys say is true (and I don't know cause I never watched him in college) that he was playing out of position and is better for a 3-4, then it's one of the best trades we've seen in a couple decades.

To give up 20 or so spots to get a potential 24 year old starter on a 3-4 line, that's ******* fantastic. At least we know we're not going to get fleeced on trades anymore.

I REALLY hope Carriker is awesome and this works out. I'll be cheering my *** off for him.

I dont think we are going to get rid of AH, we are just going to have a diesel DL this year, provided we can keep them relatively healthy.

i remember reading something about AH signing his workout contract before Shanny came or something along those lines, anybody know if there is any truth to that?

Archived