Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

This is all true...unfortunately, a lot of people on this site have faster fingers than brains (proof is in the first 3 pages of this thread). Haslett has been pushing to get Carriker since he came here...he obviously knows more about him from his time in Ram country than anyone on this board does and I trust that.

Besides, Carriker is basically going to be useless in the NFL unless he's put in a 3-4 scheme...so I think this is a good move. I remember watching him in college and what he did there...all I can say is that Haslett is going to have a field day with this guy.

Thanks. Yes, I think Haslett will know how to use the guy properly, and I think he fits in well with what we are going to do here.

I noticed that about the first few pages of the thread. Sometimes the logic used on here is astounding..... It is just part of the deal when using an internet forum for discussions.

It is not even 5th round pick isnt it swapping PLACES in the 5th round and swapping places in the 7th round? I really don't see how anything about this is bad :(

Nothing about it is bad at all, the first few pages of the thread were just overreactions from not knowing what we gave up. That's ES for ya :ols:

Good move. We don't lose any picks and we acquire a player the Front Office thinks will help us transition to the 3-4.

Agreed, and well put.

I really like your post. But I have to ask....you JUST joined this month, yet made your username LBetts......:ols:

Ha, I've been lurking for a while, I only joined recently because I wanted to view the images. I picked LBetts because, being from England I don't get to go to many games, when I went to my first ever game this past season (at home vs. The Broncos) Betts rushed for over 100 yards.

wow, so these things just happened:

- we obtained a young first round DT

- we gave up about 18 spots in the 5th round for him

- the rams now have a hole at DT

- we now have haynesworth and carriker occupying the same position (at least i think)

- bradford wont sign with the rams before the draft

eeeexxxxcittteeemeeennnttt!

I am hoping Bradford falls to us, but I'm a bit nervous about his durability. I think this is how the Rams are feeling also.

Regarding Haynesworth... I'm pretty sure Carriker patrols the other side of the NT (or has in the NFL and I believe he played that position in college also).

I'd see it currently like this (barring more trades):

OLB - Carter

DE - Carriker

ILB - Rocky

NT - Maake

ILB - London

DE - Haynesworth

OLB - Orakpo

The only problem is this... we don't have enough LBs... We have a lot of work to do there.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts Daniels, Jarmon, Wilson, Alexander, Montegomery, Golston, Green...

If Shanahan could find ways to deal with a headcase like Brandon Marshall and a crybaby diva like Cutler I have a hard time seeing him being unable to handle a guy like AH who's only "infraction" with Shanny so far was to work with a personal trainer in the offseason and miss a voluntary minicamp. I think as long as AH shows up in shape and produces this will all be forgotten pretty quickly.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think Haynesworth's issue is that he thinks he won't make as much an impact in the 3-4 as he would otherwise. If the coaches can convince him that he will, once he gets here, we'll totally forget about it by game 2.

Ha, I've been lurking for a while, I only joined recently because I wanted to view the images. I picked LBetts because, being from England I don't get to go to many games, when I went to my first ever game this past season (at home vs. The Broncos) Betts rushed for over 100 yards.

You have great taste.

I am hoping we see him again later this season.

I couldn't agree with you more. I think Haynesworth's issue is that he thinks he won't make as much an impact in the 3-4 as he would otherwise. If the coaches can convince him that he will, once he gets here, we'll totally forget about it by game 2.

Totally agreed. It will be talked up to no end by the announcers before and during week one, and then all will be well as he sees he's still a disruptive force in this D. If not more so than he's ever been, because they'll move him around to create even bigger matchup problems.

Do you think he'll be back? I'd assumed that him being cut/the cruciate injuries meant it was the end of the road...

Only time will tell. He is a hard worker, so I imagine we will see him in the league again this year.

"Hi this is Bruce Allen. I would like to have Adam on the skins...yea... But I don't want to give you anything... You're cool with that? Ok great."

Hahaha! Pretty much.

That's why it is so funny to see guys getting upset and sputtering: "But, but, but... we were going to draft Buster "Bust" Mcbustington with that pick! Now we will have to wait and we might have to pick Scrubber "Scrub" Scrubingham instead!!!!!"

Hahaha! Pretty much.

That's why it is so funny to see guys getting upset and sputtering: "But, but, but... we were going to draft Buster "Bust" Mcbustington with that pick! Now we will have to wait and we might have to pick Scrubber "Scrub" Scrubingham instead!!!!!"

Exactly, think the skins made a great deal. Only thing we might have missed getting with that pick was a punter LOL.

It's always fun to read the hair-trigger premature ejaculators in the first pages of a thread like this who fire off their spazz before getting all the facts. :D

:ols::ols::ols: Almost made me wake up my kids I was laughing so loud...:ols::ols::ols:

Got me more interested in the thread than in Deadliest Warrior

Archived