Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

We gave up a 5th rounder. We might as well forget the draft this weekend and getting younger.

You do realize that Carriker is very young right?

5th Rd pick for a starter. I'll take it.

This.

I don't think people are really rational about the move. It's a STARTER for a 5th rounder!!! The huge majority of 5th rounders don't even make the team, and you are ****ing we got a YOUNG defensive starter for that pick?...lol

Had it been a 4th or higher, I might have understood your complaint.

edit: hell, we didn't even give up a pick, just swapping...lol

Funny how this thread is such a microcosm of ES lately. Someone tweets the barest hint of a rumor, people start tearing their hair and gnashing their teeth, others come in and try to calm the mob with commonsense and reasonableness only to be shouted down, then while everyone is furiously posting as fast as they can the facts start leaking out and lo and behold, it isn't the unmitigated disaster that some thought afterall. The tide shifts all within a matter of minutes. Now is the time for reposts saying that some were misunderstood, they thought this was brilliant from the very beginning.

Humor thy name is twitter.

:ols: What's sad is I bet you the ones who were flipping out don't even realize how silly they were.

Funny how this thread is such a microcosm of ES lately. Someone tweets the barest hint of a rumor, people start tearing their hair and gnashing their teeth, others come in and try to calm the mob with commonsense and reasonableness only to be shouted down, then while everyone is furiously posting as fast as they can the facts start leaking out and lo and behold, it isn't the unmitigated disaster that some thought afterall. The tide shifts all within a matter of minutes. Now is the time for reposts saying that some were misunderstood, they thought this was brilliant from the very beginning.

Humor thy name is twitter.

i'm sorry ... but this can not be understated.

some of you truly suck.

so ready to toss your own grandma under the the bus for a bad move.

shame.

Veteran depth????? This guy is a young starter....he is only 25 and perfectly fits the 3-4 DE position. Dude was a top 10 pick....its a STEAL!!!!!!!!! I can't remember us being on the better side of a deal this good since getting two top 10 picks in 2000.

I consider a three year player a vet.

How high a pick a player was three years ago doesn't mean jack in grand scheme of things. The Rams were sour enough to shed his salary and move up in the 5th.

Obviously he's not a grizzled vet, but he certainly holds more value than any 5th rounder we could have picked at that slot, so I like the move, I said as much. Not sure what you're taking exception here.

i think its more low risk, low reward.... rams wouldnt have traded him if he had much potential... i dont even think he starts unless for some idiotic reason we trade AH

Well, the role and expectations here will be different than with the Rams. He might do better as a 3-4 DE.

i think its more low risk, low reward.... rams wouldnt have traded him if he had much potential... i dont even think he starts unless for some idiotic reason we trade AH

Why don't you think he would start? He won't be play DT at all in 3-4. He would more than likely play LDE.

Well they may be wondering how he will do coming off of injury. Also, he doesnt fit their system and has been playing out of position. I think theyre making room for Suh

Archived