Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter: Adam Carriker traded to the Redskins (Skins swap 5th and 7th round picks with STL)

No Excuses

i LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this move. hes a 24/25 year old STARTER. who has been playin out of position i Stl. hes a natural 3-4 defensive end. this is a great move.

But isn't funny after 3 pages some are still saying we gave up a draft pick to get a former 1st rounder. And that it was a dumb move. I beg to differ.

Sounds to me Shanny wants to win this year and has said screw it to rebuilding. As long as we come out the gate swinging I wouldn't mind. :)

Adam_Schefter To acquire Adam Carricker' date=' Washington swapped spots with St. Louis in the 5th round for the pick the Rams had from the Eagles.[/quote']

That's pretty good then. At least we still have a 5th and a player that can potentially contribute immediately.

Adam_Schefter To acquire Adam Carricker' date=' Washington swapped spots with St. Louis in the 5th round for the pick the Rams had from the Eagles.[/quote']

Good so we essentially moved down in the 5th round to get a player who was playing out of position. Rams message board I think realized his talent and the fact he was playing out of position:

On the Redskins message boards (ExtremeSkins), they are saying it's a fifth rounder. Still waiting to hear from Schefter though to confirm this. It's sad because Carriker played out of position with us and I can actually see him doing well in a 3-4 that the Redskins employ. Oh well, another mistake by the old regime out the door.

1st, 4th, 7th. Carriker for a 5th is cool. Carter, Campbell, and Rocky are all candidates to get the pick back. Haynesworth can also get the team picks if need be. No big deal IMHO. No pick is a guarantee, if you see a player who has done something in the NFL that you like get him for the right price. That's what was done.

Adam Carriker-DL-Redskins Apr. 20 - 3:20 pm et

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Redskins have acquired DT Adam Carriker from the Rams.

The Rams will also send over the fifth-rounder they acquired from Philly in return for the Redskins' fifth rounder. Carriker is essentially being dealt for a swap of fifth-round picks. The Rams wanted to shed salary, or else they're convinced Carriker will never stay healthy. Former Rams coach Jim Haslett has been pushing to be reunited with Carriker since he got the Skins' coordinator job a couple of months ago. The addition of the former No. 13 overall pick makes it much more likely that Albert Haynesworth will be dealt in the next few days.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Related: Albert Haynesworth

Archived