Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

Nice, enjoy the game.

I have MASN2, but not MASN2HD, I guess Fios didn't sign up with their plan or whatever so I only get MASNHD. It sucks, but at least I get the game.

Well, whenever the O's play the Yanks, the Sox, and the Yanks back to back to back, they are gonna get HD. The Nats had a good run on on MASN-HD, now FiOS just needs to actually add MASN2-HD to the full time line up. I am tired of watching 0001 and getting SD games when MASN is broadcasting both channels in HD. Of course, FiOS will argue that it isn't worth the money to broadcast an HD signal full time when there is only HD content on it 8 hours per week.

Watching the Livan-Pudge battery is just beautiful, beautiful baseball. This team is a pleasure to watch. Livan is just a different player when he has that W on his hat. And Riggleman is just the perfect manager for this bunch. Even though this is their 6th season here, it almost feels like this is the first time we finally have "our" team. Not just because they're winning, but because for the first time, we have an identity.

If we had one more legit bat in RF and 2 more legit starters (i know one is on the way) this team would make some noise this year.

Going to the game on Saturday, cant wait.

We have Strasburg, Wang, Detweiler, and Jordan Zimmermann in the pipes for this season. Our rotation could be sick if Wang returns to form and Strasburg is as expected.

If we had one more legit bat in RF and 2 more legit starters (i know one is on the way) this team would make some noise this year.

Going to the game on Saturday, cant wait.

We seriously need a right fielder.

We have Strasburg, Wang, Detweiler, and Jordan Zimmermann in the pipes for this season. Our rotation could be sick if Wang returns to form and Strasburg is as expected.

I'm worried about Wang. I don't get why he was available and came so cheap, even with the injury. The guy was a stud, 19 game winner top of the rotation guy in NY and then they just let him go. Something must be up. But if he comes back to form, and Stras is a good as advertised, all of a sudden we'd have a REALLY good pitching staff.

I'm worried about Wang. I don't get why he was available and came so cheap, even with the injury. The guy was a stud, 19 game winner top of the rotation guy in NY and then they just let him go.

When Wang was healthy, he could sink the ball in the lower mid 90's. Before he got hurt in 2008, his arm angle changed and then he got hurt. He came back, throwing nearly over the top and his sinker dropped 5MPH and was flat.

But when he was healthy, he wasn't actually that good. Sure, he didn't walk guys and was excellent at preventing dingers, but he also didn't strike out enough batters and allowed plenty of hits.

Racking up tons of wins on a stacked team doesn't mean that much with a 4 run ERA. Just means you're decent. Factor in the injuries and it made sense for the Yanks to move on.

Loss sucked, team fought back so many times and just couldn't do it in the end. I really thought Zim had the homer and then Pudge, but oh well. Lose some ya win some, still am very happy with how the team is playing. Also sad to see Capps get his first loss, but 10/11 isn't bad or is is 11/12? I can't remember, he's done really well.

We'll get them tomorrow.

Of course, FiOS will argue that it isn't worth the money to broadcast an HD signal full time when there is only HD content on it 8 hours per week.

Yeah I guess I can understand that, but considering they always advertise how much better they are than the competitor, you'd think they'd add it. Either way, I just had FiOS installed and I really can't complain, love the service.

Archived