Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

I hope so... this team deserves a good fanbase as much as Washington deserves winning teams.

Definitely.

Hard not to admire the way the Nats are playing ball this season. I never feel like they are out of a game, and the team plays like it expects to win every night.

and the team plays like it expects to win every night.

That's the part that has me so enamored about the 2010 Nats. You can feel their attitude about the game when you watch. Same thing the Caps have had the past couple years. Same thing I'm starting to feel from the quotes I'm hearing from Redskins players. This is a very exciting time to be a Washington fan.

I think the difference with the Nats though is that winning is still a little premature for them. They've got the right attitude but the talent level of the team isn't quite there yet. Only a few more pieces though... starting with Strasburg.

Second place in the NL East. I cannot believe this. This team is playing with spunk and determination, something we've lacked in Washington for, well...generations!

I mean, the NL East is probably a forgone conclusion, as far as the winner is concerned. The Nats, though...they're not going to fight for number one and they're gonna shock a lot of people.

Rizzo got rid of all of the Bowden losers and put together a competitive ball-club.

Add a Bryce Harper potentially (or whoever the Nats take @ 1 this year) to the mix along with Strasburg and Storen (with Jordan Zim down the line) and we may be in business for a long time.

I'm still very wary after that 50-31 start in 2005 followed by that huge collapse. But I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

It's a long season. Reality will set in. Still, I'm glad to see them playing like a major league team. When Jesus, Storen, Jordan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper get up here, they could be legit.

I'm still very wary after that 50-31 start in 2005 followed by that huge collapse. But I'm enjoying this while it lasts.

Just enjoy it and don't worry about the past. This team will fight every day and are very fun to watch. Riggs for Manager of the Year? :D

The last time they lost a series Riggleman had to calm things down in the locker room, not because there was fighting but because the players felt terrible about losing a series.

Last year losing was just another day at the office. What an enormous transformation this team has undergone. Losing is no longer an acceptable status quo. Phenomenal.

Just enjoy it and don't worry about the past. This team will fight every day and are very fun to watch. Riggs for Manager of the Year? :D

Yep, at least at this point he's in the conversation. These 1 run games are just killing me though.

I am lovin it. I love spring, firing up the grill and makin dinner on the deck while inside you have the baseball game on in the background. Get your evening done, then sit down and really watch innings 6-7-8-9. It is nice to feel like the team actually has a chance. Last year, you were waiting for the other shoe to fall. This year, you are waiting for the Nats to pull it out. Willingham going deep in the 8th, Pudge going 4-4 with a bloop to give you an insurance run, Riggs pulling the double switch twice to get the best defensive team on the field. It just feels like a blue collar, grind it out team. Which I love.

Archived