Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

I never like it when managers bring in guys for a particular matchup and then yank them.

Selig is looking for ways to speed up games. A new rule could be that pitchers have to face at least 2 batters or something like that. That would cut down on having 3 pitching changes per inning late in games.

Clippard is getting it together. He needs to take a good hard look at how he warms up. Seems like he's never quite ready when he comes in, but a couple batters later looks awesome. That might be why is ERA is so good but he's let in so many of his inherited runners.

I think that the Nationals organization is trying to boost attendance numbers by marketing directly to opposing fans. Every game there are AT LEAST 25% of the crowd that are opposing team fans.

I just got an email from the Nationals thanking me for coming to the game recently (I purchased tickets online) and offering me tickets to a future game. The game I went to was against the Braves. The series they're advertising for is against the Braves IN JULY. If they aren't marketing to opposing fans, why wouldn't they tell about a series against any other team? One that is closer maybe? There are 9 home series in between now and then. But they want me to buy tickets to the next Braves series in JULY? Why would they do that if they didn't think there's a good chance I'm a Braves fan and they want me back at the game?

They shouldn't be doing that imo.

Also, nice shot Willingham!

Should be 5-0 Nats right now, Zimm would have brought in two runs with his hit (should have been homer), then Willingham would have homered, but no, damn wind ruins both, but I still think Zims would have gone if the stadium wasn't a puzzle piece.

Archived