Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

Great win! Clippard seriously needs to get his ish together.

WTF????

.42 ERA

4-0

21.1 innings pitched. - 1 Earned Run, 10 hits, 11 walks, 25 strike outs!!!

Yes - He has allowed 6 of 12 inherited runners to score - BUT - he has the 5th most inherited runners when he comes in, and he has NO LOSES!!!

Tells me, he comes in during the pressure situation, like bases loaded with 1 or no out, and yet pulls out the win.....

WTF????

.42 ERA

4-0

21.1 innings pitched. - 1 Earned Run, 10 hits, 11 walks, 25 strike outs!!!

Yes - He has allowed 6 of 12 inherited runners to score - BUT - he has the 5th most inherited runners when he comes in, and he has NO LOSES!!!

Tells me, he comes in during the pressure situation, like bases loaded with 1 or no out, and yet pulls out the win.....

I was referring to the outing itself. It was awful and he was missing all over the place, especially to the right side of the plate, regardless of batter.

I blame it more on Zimmerman to be honest, he's been throwing the ball pretty crappy as of late.

If you're referring to the two throwing errors against the Braves I don't think you can hold either of those against him (maybe the first). Both took outstanding plays with the glove to even get them, and both were very off-balance throws. I didn't catch the game today, so I can't judge anything about that.

Strasburg looked NASTY last night (almost as nasty as the National Anthem lady's singing voice, my ears bled)... He's going to be such a great addition to our rotation when he's called up.

For those who didn't see Strasburg, I just cut his pitches out:

Very impressive.

Looked great and really hit the mitt, especially on the right side of the plate. His arm action on his offspeed stuff could be better. He kind of waits to get over the mound and drags the arm action a bit. Very correctable, though.

Archived