Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

Still crossing my fingers for a June 18th/19th debut for Stras. Have had my tickets for 3 months to those.

I hear ya. I may just get tickets early as well.

I fell asleep after the second inning of Stras's game and caught the recap that was posted. His final pitch was nasty, that 3-2 breaking ball. yowzers.

Still crossing my fingers for a June 18th/19th debut for Stras. Have had my tickets for 3 months to those.

Everyone's been saying "early June" is when we can call him up and have his FA period bumped back a year, but I haven't heard an actual date for that. I'm assuming he would be called up pretty much immediately. Really no point in him spending more time in the minors, imo.

As soon as I hear when he's making his home debut I'm buying my tickets. Gotta be there to witness history in the making.

Everyone's been saying "early June" is when we can call him up and have his FA period bumped back a year, but I haven't heard an actual date for that. I'm assuming he would be called up pretty much immediately. Really no point in him spending more time in the minors, imo.

As soon as I hear when he's making his home debut I'm buying my tickets. Gotta be there to witness history in the making.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure June 1st is the date/deadline for the extra year of free agency thing.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure June 1st is the date/deadline for the extra year of free agency thing.

Well if he gets called up immediately, we've got 6 homes games right then. June 4-6 against the Reds and June 8-10 against the Pirates. If the organization cares anything about ticket sales, they would schedule his first game for one of the weekend game against the Reds. Sell out, perhaps?

If the organization cares anything about ticket sales

I am curious why DC sports fans don't support the team now.

We wanted a team, they are playing nice ball, the farm system appears to have some talent. Where are the fans? Is it the price of the tickets?

We wanted a team, they are playing nice ball, the farm system appears to have some talent. Where are the fans? Is it the price of the tickets?

I hate to say this cause I'm a Washingtonian through and through buuut this is such a bandwagon town. The Skins are differen cause the Skins are an institution but every other team here has a hardcore base of 10 to 20K and then people who will pay attention if the channel their watching goes to commercial. Nobody gave a **** about the Caps (save the base), they win 19 games in a row (or whatever it was), win the President's Cup and all of a sudden every other person is rocking a Caps sig on here and acting like they know who the hell Mike Green is. When the Nats seriously start to contend you'll see the enthusiasm. As sad as that is. I think you can already kind of see it growing now to be honest with you though.

I also think lack of baseball for so longed caused a lack of baseball fans. Baseball is weird. It's not something you can just turn on and get. Once they start really contending, once the bandwagon starts filling up, once people start paying attention, you'll get the creation of a base of Washington baseball fans.

If the organization cares anything about ticket sales, they would schedule his first game for one of the weekend game against the Reds. Sell out, perhaps?

Friday, 6/18 is my guess. That should be late enough to avoid super 2 status next year, AND he'll get in a second start in the homestand on 6/23,

If I were running the Nats, I'd make his debut THURSDAY June 10. With an off day on June 7, you can drop your 5th starter, start SS on Thursday, give him one extra days rest, pitch 6/18 and 6/23. You sell a ton of tickets for a midweek tilt against the Bucs and you get 3 starts from SS in the homestand.

That's assuming 6/10 is late enough to avoid super 2.

I agree that D.C. is a frontrunner town except for the Skins. It's a shame really. I was born in D.C. and I'm a fan of all the Washington teams!:point2sky: I can't wait for the D.C. renaissance that will take place eventually. The Caps bandwagon got sort of ridiculous this year. If any positive came out of their first round loss to the Canadiens (and I hate to say that, because it really was one of the most disheartening D.C. sports moments ever) it's that alot of bandwagon fans will probably give up on them and label them chokers and not bother next year, making it easier to get tickets. Anyway, I'm loving this Nats season so far. It definitely helps the time go by quicker in the summer when you're winning, much like that first season they had here with the 81-81 season.

I also think lack of baseball for so longed caused a lack of baseball fans. Baseball is weird. It's not something you can just turn on and get. Once they start really contending, once the bandwagon starts filling up, once people start paying attention, you'll get the creation of a base of Washington baseball fans.

Personally I have never been a baseball fan. So that is my excuse. I am trying to be. I was proud the other night when I went to the game to see Washington fans are finally intelligent enough to not sing OOOOO during the National Anthem.

I don't think it's that at all G.A.C.O.L.B.. If you look at it, no team in D.C ever had huge amounts of fans till they started winning. I mean sure the first game ever played in D.C for a new team the stadium / arena was packed and or the first game in a new stadium or arena, but not even the Redskins sold out every year in Griffith or RFK.

There's no doubt there is a bandwagon Capitals fanbase right now, but at the same time a lot of people don't want to pay to see losing teams. Look at the people on this board every year about I'm not going to pay to watch the Redskins perform this way bla bla bla.

Also a lot of the problem with D.C is, there are a lot of people from other areas of the country because of the government jobs. I just think D.C fans (who are fans) are fairweather for the most part because of how bad are teams have been, it's going on 20 years now, unless you count D.C United, but nobody cares about them here which is sad.

(and I hate to say that, because it really was one of the most disheartening D.C. sports moments ever)

For us long term Caps fans, it wasn't the most disheartening D.C. sports moments ever. They have had more Stanley Cup Playoff ready teams. But I get what your saying.

Depends where you are living.

Nats are catching on in NoVa. Most bars now show it, attendeces is getting better. The team has lost over 200 games in the past 2 years and there was issues in years past about who had access to the games on TV, what station where they on, HD or non HD...

Having said that. 8% of the washington Area identifies the Nationals as their Fav team (Washington post survey), that is better then the Wizzards and united (5%) and not that far behind the caps (13%).

Remember - The nats play 81 home cames in a stadium that seats 40k+.

I am really worried we are over using both clippard and capps. I think we might need Drew Storen earlier than suggested

Yeah unfortunately we're in a tough situation because every single game we play is close these days. Also we're at the front end of playing for nearly 3 weeks with no off days. It'll be interesting to see what Riggleman does to prevent fatigue in our relief pitchers.

Yeah unfortunately we're in a tough situation because every single game we play is close these days. Also we're at the front end of playing for nearly 3 weeks with no off days. It'll be interesting to see what Riggleman does to prevent fatigue in our relief pitchers.

Although its a good problem to have! Our starting pitcher has been relatively good and been giving us good innings. At least its not like last year, where the pen would come in the middle of the 5th

Archived