Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

Raise your hands if you thought the Nats would be 10-9 and winning series after April 25th. Hopefully they'll end up with a winning record in April.

I'll be honest, I can't raise my hand on that one; and I'm pleasently suprised. I believed they'd be more competitive with Riggleman coaching them based on how they finished last year; taking things seriously. It's not just that we're better, the culture of this baseball team has changed as well. These are legitament baseball teams we're beating right now. Even it's early, it's nice to see we're capable of this.

We need to get better if we want to talk playoffs. Am I the only one not liking the fact only 8 teams in the entire league get to go to the postseason every year? 4 teams per league(conference) is retarded...

http://www.federalbaseball.com/2010/4/27/1448128/washington-nationals-stephen

First Energy Stadium in Reading, PA is the venue for the fourth start of the nascent pro career of the Washington Nationals' '09 no.1 overall pick, pitcher Stephen Strasburg. The twenty-one-year-old right-hander needed just twelve pitches (seven strikes) in the first to retire the Reading Phillies in order, with a backwards K and two weak grounders from the first three Phillies. Strasburg threw twelve more pitches (9 strikes) in the second, got two more groundouts and one swinging K in his second scoreless frame, mixing a 95-96 mph fastball with a 77 mph curve and an 86 mph change that he uses for the swinging K from the sixth batter he's faced.

13 pitches, 8 strikes, a grounder to third, swinging K and backwards K, and Strasburg's through the Reading Phillies order once without surrendering anything. Harrisburg Senators' announcer Terry Byrom says the radar gun in Reading is typically a mph or two slow, and the fastest speed he's called is a fastball at 96 from Strasburg in the third. A groundout on two pitches to start Strasburg's fourth, then the first fly ball and a swinging K on a curve from Domonic Brown, Philly's top prospect. And Stras hasn't allowed a hit through four innings pitched.

The fifth goes just as quickly, in spite of a long fly ball to left that Bill Rhinehart brings in and a passed ball on a swinging K that puts the first runner of the game on against Strasburg. Two pitches to get a groundout and then an 8-pitch at bat before a second groundout ends the top prospect in the Nationals' system's day after 5.0 IP, 0 H, 6 K'S, 64 pitches, 42 strikes, and Strasburg even adds an RBI single along the way in what ends up a win after Drew Storen saves it...

(ed. note - "Dave Nichols from the Nats News Network tracked Drew Storen's outing in the Strasburg GameThread, follow both '09 1st Rounder's combined effort in a 1-0 Senators' win. Storen's Line: (according to @NatsTownNews):2.0 ip, 2 H, 3 Ks. 24 pitches, 17 strikes.")

Strasburg gets the W, improves to 3-0 in 4 GS. Storen gets his 4th Save.

the boy is dominating, cant wait until he gets called up

Is there another radio station you can catch Nats games on besides 1500? I live out in Gainesville, drove from D.C. to home tonight, and got reception maybe half of the time. Just horrible. I scanned both AM and FM and besides O's games on 94.7 and 980 and a freaking Mets game, clear as day, on 630, I got nothing. Really frustrating.

funny thing is livan is older then he probably then we all know. He came from cuba and lots of them fudge their ages in order to get better dollars in the open market.

regardless, he has been amazing and if it weren't for holliday, i would say at this pace he would be starting in the all star game.

As Holliday and Knight were saying, if it was Hernandez, Clippard and Capps every night, people would be scared to face us. Fortunately in a couple of months we will have a decent rotation going.

Very impressed with the team so far, last year we were nothing close to this point.

Hernandez has been outstanding, among the best in the MLB so far. It should also be noted that while his base-stealing is down, Nyjer Morgan is straight up raking.

11-10 and playing for another series win tomorrow (While a healthy Zim, Strasburg, Wang, Storen, and JZimm wait in the wings).

Hernandez has been outstanding, among the best in the MLB so far. It should also be noted that while his base-stealing is down, Nyjer Morgan is straight up raking.

11-10 and playing for another series win tomorrow (While a healthy Zim, Strasburg, Wang, Storen, and JZimm wait in the wings).

Zim should be back on Friday they are saying. I would love to see JZimm back in the saddle but im thinking for him its 2011 right now even though some are saying he may make an appearance in August or September.

I still wish we had a consistent RF. I love Harris but he isnt an everyday player and JMax is all defense.

Strasburg pitched 5 innings of no hit, no walk ball last night before being lifted. Only base runner reached on a passed ball following a strike out.

I'm ready to see this kid in action. The free agency clock has already been delayed by holding him down. How about this Sunday.

From what I understand, the "free agency clock" or arbitration gets delayed an entire year if we wait until June to call him up. Simple logic right there...wait two months to get an additional season.

Stras will likely be bumped up to Syracuse in a week and remain there. He'll squeeze in 4 starts and then get called up.

I have 4 club seats + parking for many of the remaining games if anyone is interested. I sell all of them @ cost which is $55 per seat for infield club level. (Typically saves you btw $10-$15 per seat, per game)

PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know what I have left.

Sec 212

Row G

Seats 1-4

Lot K parking

Cost:

2 tickets (no parking) seats 3/4: $110

2 tickets (with parking) seats 1/2: $130

4 tickets + parking: $240

Thanks!

Jamie(wormer)

Archived