Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

Re-he-he-EAAALLLLYYY. So is he going to play with the minors or not?

100% sure. There is no way they bring him up until June. If they bring him up before, he becomes a free agent in 2015. If the bring him up after, he's a free agent in 2016.

Easy call. 1/2 year less now, for a full year of 2016 with him at a 'reasonable' price.

100% sure. There is no way they bring him up until June. If they bring him up before, he becomes a free agent in 2015. If the bring him up after, he's a free agent in 2016.

Easy call. 1/2 year less now, for a full year of 2016 with him at a 'reasonable' price.

Got you, $ involved. Even if it's preseason, would like to see how he does against major league pitchers. Cool.

I will be on one of the 20+ buses that I have heard about going to the opening day game. Right field will be 98% Phils fans.

In that case, I hope you will have the opportunity to catch a few Dunn bombs.

I'll be in the RF corner in the 100's.

I don't know why O's and Nats fanbases have to hate each other. The teams aren't in the same division. This isn't Duke- Carolina here. These are two teams that are in different leagues who see each other...what...6 times per season? Lol. They are family. And Nats are like little brother.

I support both of them.

I feel like this could develop into a Cubs and Sox rivalry.

If they had any chance of contending for anything, I think they would. But Rizzo will not waste a year of this guy. We'll see him in June.

You don't think the motivation to sell tickets, and the fact that the guy appears ready to face big league hitters, will inch into the equation?

Judging by some of the rhetoric coming out of spring training, I would not be surprised to see him with on the opening day roster. They've certainly backed away from their iron-clad, no chance we keep him on the roster stance.

You don't think the motivation to sell tickets, and the fact that the guy appears ready to face big league hitters, will inch into the equation?

Judging by some of the rhetoric coming out of spring training, I would not be surprised to see him with on the opening day roster. They've certainly backed away from their iron-clad, no chance we keep him on the roster stance.

it just doesn't make sense from a business standpoint to start him right away

I think it will factor into the equation, but reverse of what you think. If they bring him up in June (I don’t know the exact date) he will be a free agent in 2016, right away, free agent in 2015. With Lannan and Marquis, they’ll have their 1-2 punch for a holdover. Plus if they are worried about selling tickets – you’ll have them come midseason, plus an extra year in 2016. Quite worth it to me.

Plus us Phils fans already have bought over 50% of the first three games I’m sure hehe.

Archived