Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

I don't know why O's and Nats fanbases have to hate each other. The teams aren't in the same division. This isn't Duke- Carolina here. These are two teams that are in different leagues who see each other...what...6 times per season? Lol. They are family. And Nats are like little brother.

I support both of them.

I don't know why O's and Nats fanbases have to hate each other. The teams aren't in the same division. This isn't Duke- Carolina here. These are two teams that are in different leagues who see each other...what...6 times per season? Lol. They are family. And Nats are like little brother.

I support both of them.

I have no hate for the Nats whatsoever. I don't really like the Braves or Mets and I loathe the Phillies so I end up rooting for them a lot in their games.

I support both of them.

As do I. I'm an O's fan that supports the Nats, to a lesser extent. Both teams are rapidly getting better. O's - Nats 2012 World Series!

I support both of them.

But don't siblings have... you know... rivalries?

That's what makes it interesting.

I still have yet to go to Nationals Park. I went to a handul of RFK games though. I'm an Os fan but I have nothing against the Nats and would like to see their digs.

It's a really nice park. It has a different "feel" than Camden - I'm a Nats fan, but I have to admit that the O's really nailed it with the warehouse and should stick with that place for the next 100 years - but it's great in its own right. Much better place to see a game than, say, FedEx.

O's and Nats don't have a rivalry on the level of Mets - Yankees yet. If someone was a Mets and Yankees fan I'd be skeptical, but I have no problem with an O's - Nats fan.

Just seems awkward to root against or hate a team from this area. The only time I root against the Nats though, is when they play the O's.

I've never been much of a baseball fan but I'm committing myself to the Nats this year and I'm going to try and enjoy baseball so maybe I have something to help get me through the offseason.

This. Baseball was my sport growing up but the whole steroid era really turned me off from the sport. This past season, even though the Yanks won, I really, really enjoyed the postseason. So this year I've decided to finally get back into it. And of course the Nats are my squad. Two things I'm looking forward to are Strasburg and seeing if Wang can get it together.

I also heard Tim Kurkjian on 980 this past week and he said that he believes that the Nats will be the most improved team in the entire National League. So that's got me pumped.

Go O's

Go O's

Go O's

Yup. Like I said, I haven't followed the Nats that closely, but I have followed them enough to know that O's fans have been talking **** since day one. Have fun finishing 3rd or worst in the AL East for the next 30 years.

I do have another question about the Nats...isn't having an owner that's willing to spend pretty important in the MLB? If that's true, do the Nats have someone willing to throw out some dough to acquire talent? Maybe not a complete Dan Snyder but at least someone willing to spend a little?

I do have another question about the Nats...isn't having an owner that's willing to spend pretty important in the MLB? If that's true, do the Nats have someone willing to throw out some dough to acquire talent? Maybe not a complete Dan Snyder but at least someone willing to spend a little?

Ehhh the Lerner family is somewhat tight with their pennies, but last year we signed Zim to an extension (no-brainer) and inked Adam Dunn to a big money deal, and there is talk of an extension for Dunn, so things have gotten better.

Mike Rizzo, our GM, has done a nice job getting them to open up their pocketbooks, spending 29 Mil this offseason towards the payroll, so it has improved.

EDIT: And Strasburg received a large chunk of change when many worried that the deal wouldn't get done.

Signed Strasburg to a pretty big deal (largest ever rookie contract-correct me if I'm wrong). Not exactly the Yankees, but we've been known to grab some pretty decent FAs and pay them good money.

I don't like the Nats, the way some Nats fans acted in the baseball forums didn't help the teams cause with me :P. They try to bash and can only muster up the same old Peter Angelos BS. O's are getting better, lot of good young players and they'll be relevant soon enough. As far as the Nats go...let's see if "Jesus" can carry the weight of the organization on his shoulders.

I don't like the Nats, the way some Nats fans acted in the baseball forums didn't help the teams cause with me :P. They try to bash and can only muster up the same old Peter Angelos BS. O's are getting better, lot of good young players and they'll be relevant soon enough. As far as the Nats go...let's see if "Jesus" can carry the weight of the organization on his shoulders.

Jesus should have plenty of help this year with Pudge backing him up. I'm hoping he stays healthy, he showed real promise last year. I don't think anyone is asking him to carry the weight of the organization on his shoulders though.

Jesus should have plenty of help this year with Pudge backing him up. I'm hoping he stays healthy, he showed real promise last year. I don't think anyone is asking him to carry the weight of the organization on his shoulders though.

I'm pretty sure when he said "Jesus" he meant Strasburg because thats the nickname Morgan gave him.

As do I. I'm an O's fan that supports the Nats, to a lesser extent. Both teams are rapidly getting better. O's - Nats 2012 World Series!

I'm glad to see that somebody else agrees that the Nationals have the potential to be contenders come 2012. I say this year the Nats (with much-needed improvements to the bullpen) win AT LEAST 75 games. I'll definitely be going to several games this season.

Nationals > Orioles

It'll be tough following all the games (summer are rough for me with work), but I'm definetly becoming more and more of Nats fan each year. I'm rooting for them hard, and they played decent after Wigglman took over. Adding depth to the roster won't hurt, but having the Phillies in our division is a nightmare by itself. They'll definetly be a better baseball team, but how much better remains to be seen. Keep the faith.

Archived