Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread

Jofizz

Big game tonight to see what we really have as a baseball team. The rookies best vs our best, a guy who just threw a no-hitter vs Livan with who just threw a complete game shutout.

COL: Jimenez, U (3-0, 1.29);

WSH: Hernandez, L (2-0, 0.00

So want to watch this game, but I gotta work at 5 tonight. :(

I'd say we are about average. Our pitching is inconsistent but we have a decent lineup.

Our starting pitching is obviously horrendous. That said, we are getting close to having Wang and Detwiler in the rotation again... not to mention "The Phenom" making a mockery of the minor leagues.

Could have three new SP's by June.

I'm fairly new to baseball, but I've been trying to follow the Nats this year. Do you guys think it's a given that the Nats draft Bryce Harper? And if they do, will he be the powerhouse hitter that will help push the Nats into contention in the NL East? Someone mentioned him to me earlier in the thread and I've been reading up on him, this guy sounds like a beast. Also, if he does get drafted by the Nats, when would he debut?

I'm fairly new to baseball, but I've been trying to follow the Nats this year. Do you guys think it's a given that the Nats draft Bryce Harper? And if they do, will he be the powerhouse hitter that will help push the Nats into contention in the NL East? Someone mentioned him to me earlier in the thread and I've been reading up on him, this guy sounds like a beast. Also, if he does get drafted by the Nats, when would he debut?

Harper is not a run away sure fire 1st pick like SS was last year.

The Nats have said it is likely but not 100%. He hasn't faced major league (or even Minor league) Pitching yet. So who know how great he really is.

End of the day, our best couldn't beat the Rookies best, in a home game. We still have some work to do, but like Tulane pointed out, our rotation could look very different over the next couple months. Defense Defense Defense!!! I love it, but getting shutout at home is a no-no for me. Offense needs help too if we're going to be talking playoffs around here...

What happened?

Was just sitting there being a tool to other fans. Turning around on strike calls clapping at everyone, he's probably never been spanked in his life which is probably the problem. Then again his father just let him get away with it too so he could have gotten it from him.

I just hate people acting like idiots. Sure cheer for your team, but not need to stand up and being a dick.

Archived