Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com: Giants release Pierce

scyber

It sucks to lose a player who hated the Redskins as much as he did. Having players who really hate the other NFCE teams makes the rivalries more enjoyable.

I know I hated that loudmouth ******* right back;).

Hell no...

Seriously I do NOT want his old broke down ass in D.C. I'd rather Allen/Shanahan/Haslett sign someone younger and already familiar with the 3-4 defense.

Interesting...I wonder if he'll hate the Giants as much as he now hates the Redskins. He is always the victim! :)

agreed. like when the Plaxico gun incident happened and he said something along the lines of "I have been rightly vindicated" when he in fact had broken the law by hiding evidence. Now Plax was his buddy, and I can understand the action since Plax was a dummy and shot himself and not someone else, but to then play the victim and act like you were being persecuted and are now rightly vindicated? That would only be true if he had been innocent in the first place, and only a guilty person playing the victim card would say such things when in fact they weren't innocent.

He was overrated from day 1 and I NEVER understood why Skins fans are so obsessed with him. Lemar friggin Marshall plugged in for him just fine when he left the first year, the 2nd he was awful, then we got Fletch who is 10x the backer AP was.

AP had a bad attitude and was an absolute liability in coverage as evidenced multiple times on the Giants, most recently in that game vs the Eagles where we was ABUSED all day including the game winning TD.

He was overrated from day 1 and I NEVER understood why Skins fans are so obsessed with him. Lemar friggin Marshall plugged in for him just fine when he left the first year, the 2nd he was awful, then we got Fletch who is 10x the backer AP was.

come on bro., Lemar Marshall? :doh:

For all those guys clamoring to bring him back, I wanna share with you that, during the Giants victory parade for the Super Bowl a couple of years back, down in the financial district, Pierce singlehandedly started up a "Redskins suck" cheer as his bus/float was rolling by. Not Strahan, Not Osi. Not anyone else on the Giants. Just Pierce. And he did so with a lot of heartfelt emotion. He obviously is very bitter about how things ended here.

I always thought he was a talented player, but after that, I would never ever welcome him back on this team, even if he was Defensive MVP of the year and could be had for vet min.

Let it be known: Pierce has nothing but hate for the Skins, and, at this point, the feeling should be mutual among us fans.

Eff A. Pierce!

Pierce singlehandedly started up a "Redskins suck" cheer as his bus/float was rolling by........

Eff A. Pierce!

If he really did that then I agree 100%!!!! EFF Pierce and would not want him back under any circumstances! That is just extremely low f****** class as he is not sticking it to just the owner manageress (who gave him the opportunity) but to the fans who cheered for him (and indirectly paid his salary).

Isn't Dallas stuck by the top 8 rule? So they just can't sign a boat load of free agents without losing some.

that doesn't apply to guys who were cut I don't think. Just to people who are entering the UFA/RFA pool via expiring contracts.

Just say no. He doesn't want to come back because of all the stuff he has said plus he is not that good. That is why we let him go in the first place. How many times has he been to the Pro Bowl? How many times did he lead his team in tackles? He is not that special of a player at all. He is a role player but is hardly an impact player that we have to have. He is just another bitter, loud-mouth ex-Redskins that has never been more than a role player.

Archived