Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NJ.com: Giants release Pierce

scyber

I wonder which NFC East team he will end up on. I do not think he would fit the new 3-4 scheme. My guess is he will go to the Eagles. WE should have never let him go.

Actually the Redskins didn't let him go, he was an unrestricted FA, the Redskins offered him around $20mil but the Giants offered more.

Actually the Redskins didn't let him go, he was an unrestricted FA, the Redskins offered him around $20mil but the Giants offered more.

Wow. Really? All I remember is his animosity. $20mil? Wow, guess you have to be a special breed to consider that a slap in the face.

**** him. Let him rot on some other team he burned his bridges here.

I hope he didn't forget his Redskins playbook before the Giants kicked his tired *** to the curb.

Just say no. He doesn't want to come back because of all the stuff he has said plus he is not that good. That is why we let him go in the first place. How many times has he been to the Pro Bowl? How many times did he lead his team in tackles? He is not that special of a player at all. He is a role player but is hardly an impact player that we have to have. He is just another bitter, loud-mouth ex-Redskins that has never been more than a role player.

I'm pretty sure that article said he led the Giants in tackles every year except last where he missed 9 games. Also I know he made at least 1 pro bowl during his stint here maybe two. Good try though.

Does anybody think he could perhaps head to the Rams to work with Spags? I honestly don't know who they have for LB's.

I wonder how many LBs were left on Pierce's list? He had a list of every LB drafted the year he went undrafted and was crossing them off one by one as they left the league. I know there were only a few left last I heard.

V for Vendetta must be his favorite movie...

I wonder how many LBs were left on Pierce's list? He had a list of every LB drafted the year he went undrafted and was crossing them off one by one as they left the league. I know there were only a few left last I heard.

Two guys left. I hope nobody wants him. And I thought the Skins offered twenty four mil. Anyway, he wanted out. Its just a shame that Samuel dropped that pick in the SB and Eli wasn't called in the grasp on the next play. AP winning the SB was sickening.

Lemar Marshall as MIKE wasn't half the player Pierce was. Come on. Pierce was an excellent player for the Skins.

Pierce was good, but the key word there is was. There isn't a chance that Allen brings him back here. That would be foolish.

Agreed. Marshall was a decent body and actually performed well in 2005 because our defense as a whole was playing out of their minds.

But 2006 exposed him. He was way too small to be a MLB, and it showed that we were missing guys like Pierce, Clark, Smoot, and Walt Harris on our defense. As good of a coordinator Williams was, letting those guys go and replacing them with players like Marshall, Archuleta, and Wright are things I still haven't forgiven Williams for.

The question is will Pierce hate the Giants now that they release him like he did with the Redskins?

Doesn't seem to be the case in the NY papers he's quoted saying he loved every minute of his time with the Giants, and holds no bitterness.

With the Skins at least according to what he said in an interview, he came back to the Skins with an opportunity to match the Giants offer, and the Skins declined. He couldn't believe that they would let him go like that to a division rival.

I get why he'd take it as act of disrespect. You have the 4th ranked defense, Pierce had a big year, I recall C. Griffin saying something like his big year was due to Pierce giving him heads up to what was coming. And the Skins let him go to a division rival -- in his shoes I'd get why he'd think the Redskins can't think that much of him, if they are willing to let him go to another team in their division and face them twice a year.

At least in those match ups, Pierce seemed to get the last laugh. I recall in the Superbowl run year, how they came back against us at home, stuffing Betts on the goal line, the 2nd time we ran that play, you can see Pierce position the Giants D to greet Betts on the left.

London Fletcher is great so no big complaints on my end, but the 2 years we had Marshall at MLB, it bugged me to see Pierce lead the Giants D.

Doesn't seem to be the case in the NY papers he's quoted saying he loved every minute of his time with the Giants, and holds no bitterness.

With the Skins at least according to what he said in an interview, he came back to the Skins with an opportunity to match the Giants offer, and the Skins declined. He couldn't believe that they would let him go like that to a division rival.

I get why he'd take it as act of disrespect. You have the 4th ranked defense, Pierce had a big year, I recall C. Griffin saying something like his big year was due to Pierce giving him heads up to what was coming. And the Skins let him go to a division rival -- in his shoes I'd get why he'd think the Redskins can't think that much of him, if they are willing to let him go to another team in their division and face them twice a year.

At least in those match ups, Pierce seemed to get the last laugh. I recall in

At the time I was totally amazed that the skins let him go, especially when they were paying free agents a ton of money. He was a very smart player and more or less called the defense for Gregg.

Archived