Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Boy Disciplined For Taking Tiny 'Gun' To School

Hunter44

This is really stupid. A lego toy...o-boy! and they made a child write a statement without parents present...

http://wcbstv.com/local/toy.gun.suspension.2.1468416.html

STATEN ISLAND (CBS) ―

toygun2.jpg Click to enlarge 1 of 2

The mighty "weapon" 9-year-old Patrick Timoney was forced to write a statement to school officials over by the principal at PS 52 on Staten Island. CBS

toygun.jpg Click to enlarge 2 of 2

Here's another view of the toy in the hand of CBS 2 HD's Pablo Guzman. CBS

When is a no tolerance policy too strict?

The parents of a Staten Island boy were called in for a meeting with the principal after their son brought a toy gun to school.

But as CBS 2 HD found out, the toy trouble is not what you think.

Patrick Timoney is 9 years old. Wednesday was his first day back at school, PS 52 on Staten Island, after the principal saw him Tuesday during lunch playing with some Lego figures and a toy gun, a very little toy gun. The parents were called to school. Patrick was crying.

"We didn't know we had a problem until the principal called at around noon to let me know that Patrick had brought something to school. His Legos and apparently a tiny toy gun," mother Laura Timoney said.

"We just had them out because me and my friends like to bring Legos to school and show each other. Then the principal found them and she saw the toy gun, which is a few inches long," Patrick said.

In an email, a spokesperson for the Department of Education said: "The principal reported that the student brought in a 2-inch toy gun, which is not permitted in the school. She called the parents and held a conference with the parent and the student. The issue has been resolved. The child will not be bringing the toy gun into school."

Patrick's father knows about guns. He is a retired police officer with 20 years on the job.

"Again, these rules are in place for a reason and we support that 100 percent," Pat Timoney said. "It's a two-inch gun, all right? I mean you have to squint to even see if it looks like a weapon. She went a little overboard with this."

The Timoneys hope that now that they have made a point, that things can get back to normal for their boy at PS 52.

The parents are also upset that the principal made their son write a statement, without them being present.

I don't know...you've got to watch out for those little Lego army guys, they can be dangerous...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yxIvcorgs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4yxIvcorgs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I mean look at what Sponge Bob did when he got ahold of a Lego gun:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ci50ecK_o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ci50ecK_o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

while I read the principle the riot act and called his parents.

Not to be sexist, but just for the record, this was a woman.

This is one of the hundreds of reasons my children are homeschooled until we get out of this hole of a city. The children spend all day learning about how bad the US is, and how humans in general (even the cool dictators) are destroying the earth. They bring this little boy to tears over his Lego man's accessories, but they're not as concerned with the 6 year olds who cuss a blue streak and literally act like animals all day.

I know everywhere is like this to some extent, but New York is ahead of the curve. The government of the city is excessive and massive. The taxes are ludicrous. All the productive people have moved or want to move. New York is a prime example of a city living off it's past and its legend.

My friend and I were suspended for three days during the seventh grade for playing with a orange futuristic gun looking keychain (about the size of a silver dollar) that lit up and made a sound like a bomb dropping. Needless to say, our parents were furious at the school, so it ended up being a nice little three day vacation.

Looking back on it, I should have called up a local news station about it..

Our country is being wussified. What do you think our Founding Fathers would think about this? Our government is disgustingly large and intrusive. No, guns shouldn't be allowed in school, but let boys be boys. If you don't, they turn into women and God knows we have enough of them telling us what we should and shouldn't do.

Story Time!!!!:D

I was in the 2nd grade... 1984.

While getting ready for school at home, I decided to play cops-n-robbers with my sisters while we waited to go outside to the bus stop. I was the cop and I had a walkie talkie a little 6-shooter cap gun that looked almost exactly like the picture below...

8-shot-cap-gun.jpg

Anyway... I completely forgot that I left both of these toys in my pockets when we left for the bus stop. And there were no gunpowder caps in the gun.

When I got to school, I realized the gun was in my pocket. So like all the other kids that were putting their toys on the Toy-Table for recess, I just put my toy gun and walkie talkie on the table.

The female teacher saw me and came over to me in private and basically said, "Hey bud, you can't bring those to school to play with so at recess I'm gonna keep it inside. You can take them home at the end of the day."

That was it. The situation was handle in a whole 5 seconds, tops.

I didn't throw a hissy fit. Hell, the news stations didn't even show up. My parents weren't even notified of the incident.

Moral of the story : our nation is turning into a bunch of dramatic wimps.

My friend and I were suspended for three days during the seventh grade for playing with a orange futuristic gun looking keychain (about the size of a silver dollar) that lit up and made a sound like a bomb dropping. Needless to say, our parents were furious at the school, so it ended up being a nice little three day vacation.

Looking back on it, I should have called up a local news station about it..

My friend and I were suspended from the bus for falling out of our seat because the driver hit the curb going around a corner. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. She also got an award for most referrals written than year....go figure

My friend and I were suspended from the bus for falling out of our seat because the driver hit the curb going around a corner. Most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. She also got an award for most referrals written than year....go figure
Wow, that's oppressive. Has to be more to the story...:ols:

Archived