Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley's blog: "Its all Bull ****"

ljs

cooley's a great player and am glad he's a skin, but I can't stand when players use "we work our asses" off as validation for their performance (for the money they get, that's the least I'd expect them to do muchless anyone in any profession) and I REALLY miss the days when players didn't have tweets or myspace or blogs...

Prove it. Kinda tired of the talking.

but see, that's just it! You're tired of the talking and want action. They are tired of people complaining too! Fans complaining doesn't always compute to positive results on the field. You keep beating a dog, at some point that dog will snap back!!!! Think about it................

The argument is silly. We are doing what we do as fans. We criticize, we idolize, we love we hate.

I just hope that this whole 'booing' thing turns into some kinda catalyst for the season.

If that does happen, they should play the boo's on the speakers at practice every week:laugh:

Again, fans aren't just mad at week 1 and 2 of this season

Its the entire picture of how this team has been run for a decade.

The frustration of the fans is just starting to really come out and rear its ugly head

Thats why I say the organization has lost the fan base. We are all pissed now

Speak for yourself. If you think the team has lost you as a fan, then GTFO.

It's one thing to criticize, it's another to say "you've lost me as a fan" based on the play on the field.

If that's the way it is, jump on with the Steelers. They win a lot. You'll be plenty happy.

When a fan base is as smart as this

Unless they show improvement each week this team easily could go 0-8. THATS whats frustrating.

I can't WAIT for the team to lose you.

Clue to Rhodus333, we can't possibly go 0-8 because believe it or not, we won on Sunday. You're invited to pay attention.

~Bang

Thats what they do....Espically if you make them look like a fool for loving a scrub...Remember i got banned for saying Warrick Holdman is a bumb,if he gotten hurt it would have been best for the team....

I want to believe you, I really do. But something tells me there's more to the story. Because 39,000 other people who knew Holdman was a "bumb" - and said so - did not get banned.

I don't know if I would have booed at the game. I know I was frustrated watching it on the tube. It wasn't a pretty win by any stretch of the imagination, but it was much better than a loss.

I know I wanted two things to happen after a 9-7 win over an inferior team: ANYBODY to step up and say "yeah its a win but I/we played poorly in certain areas. that doesnt cut it and we're fixing it"... and second, for somebody to actually do something about it. The good NFL teams have games like this, but not the same reaction to the game. Their team leaders make themselves accountable both publicly and privately for the mistakes, and they force, either through example, call-outs, whatever is needed, everybody to play better. I don't see any public evidence of these types of actions from this group.

Cooley is #1 among all TE's for catches and 2nd in total yardage thru week 2.

And if you're tired of the talking, why are you here talking? :)

Not just Cooley the whole team. Today Portis said on paper we are the best team in the NFL. This team does a lot of talking and is underachieving. They all come out and say how good the team is they need to back it up. But Cooley is one of the best TE in the NFL no doubt.

No I advocate banning people who like to just ***** and ***** without saying anything constructive...

The whole.... "We suck" and "So and so is a loser" over and over again really gets old...

I agree Pez, but why take those people seriously? I don't. I read what they say and then move on to a post I think is worthy of responding to.

First Henson, now Cooley, and even Campbell is talking about how it doesn't matter what the fans or media thinks. And then their is Zorn who is in a battle of wits and words with Sonny J. Who knew it would take the fan base to finally motivate the players and coaches to come together and light a fire under them. Normally it takes a fired up coach or a fired up Ray Lewis type player to get his team motivated and intense.

Who knew it would be the fan base? Its US? Lets pat ourselves on the back!

Not just Cooley the whole team. Today Portis said on paper we are the best team in the NFL. This team does a lot of talking and is underachieving. They all come out and say how good the team is they need to back it up. But Cooley is one of the best TE in the NFL no doubt.

He said we had the most talent in the NFL. Which can be argued that we do. Portis, Moss, Cooley, Sellers, Samuels, Haynesworth, and Hall have all been to a Pro Bowl and Fletcher should've been to a few. We have the players in place, they just need to produce. Is that on them or the coaches? Maybe a little of both. The more I think it about, the more I wouldn't want to be the Lions this week. The Skins are pissed and are gonna take it out on them.

cooley is good...he also has his limits....his vetical leap in uniform under game conditions doesn't compare with some other TEs.....

I know I wanted two things to happen after a 9-7 win over an inferior team: ANYBODY to step up and say "yeah its a win but I/we played poorly in certain areas. that doesnt cut it and we're fixing it"... and second, for somebody to actually do something about it. The good NFL teams have games like this, but not the same reaction to the game. Their team leaders make themselves accountable both publicly and privately for the mistakes, and they force, either through example, call-outs, whatever is needed, everybody to play better. I don't see any public evidence of these types of actions from this group.

I'm not sure where you expect to see any evidence of this.

If a player around here speaks his mind, he's hung out to dry. So our players (almost) all toe the company line and remain as plain bland vanilla as possible when talking to anyone.

When the press is your biggest enemy, and your fan base wants to boo you after a win, you can't really blame them.

So until you're a fly on the wall in the private meetings or locker room when there are none of the jackals around, you really aren't going to know anything about what they really think or feel.

Course, two players have told you how they feel this week, and look what is happening to them. One, a no name linebacker and the other, a pro bowl tight end and seeming fan favorite, and both are told by their "fans" to shut the **** up and play.

Such a classy group we are.

~Bang

At this point Zoony.... Get as liberal as you want twith that ban hammer... time to thin the herd out...

I agree that we have some issues in personnel, team performance, and playcalling.... but some of the people here are just plain ridiculous... I almost wonder if they feverishly anticipate something to go wrong so they can just spout off non-stop...

I am with cooley and portis... I don't think it will take too much to turn this team into something special.

So you just want to start banning people because we are speaking our mind and think that this team is no good. Just because you think we aren't that bad, doesn't mean I have to think the same thing. I think this team is horrible. Same inconsistency we have seen from this team forever. If that floats your boat then thats great for you. I expect this to be a good to great team. We pay out the wazooo for some of these players and they pretty much always amount to nothing. Why should I settle for mediocrity? Why should I watch the games every year and see the same garbage year in an year out and not complain. You want me to smile about it and laugh it off? I have been a fan for a long time and I love this team. Just because I love them does not mean I must support the crap performance they put on the field. I'll speak my mind and let everyone know how I feel. I want to win and get to the playoffs and superbowl. With the performances we have been putting forth as of late, we may not even have a .500 season and I'm not OK with that.

cooley is good...he also has his limits....his vetical leap in uniform under game conditions doesn't compare with some other TEs.....

You're right, but in fairness, I'm trying to remember a time where a QB threw him a high ball that he had to go up for and missed.

Archived