Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley's blog: "Its all Bull ****"

ljs

Speak for yourself. If you think the team has lost you as a fan, then GTFO.

It's one thing to criticize, it's another to say "you've lost me as a fan" based on the play on the field.

If that's the way it is, jump on with the Steelers. They win a lot. You'll be plenty happy.

~Bang

I think you misread me Bang

If the only issues with the organization was the on field play, I don't think fans would be as angry as I have seen this week.

And I'll be honest, I have been on this board a very long time, since 2002, and this is as pissed as I have ever seen the fan base.

Its not just because of a 9-7 win over the Rams. Thats the least of the problems with the team

Where did Cooley say you had to live by a code?

And wtf kind of guy goes to see the Rockettes? What's wrong with you? :slap:

I was speaking more generally than anything. I didn't even read what Cooley said. Though I do love the idea of athlete blogs and athlete twitters.

And everyone needs to see the Radio City Christmas Special once in their life.

one thing about cooley I think is incredibly underrated is his ability to break tackles... the guy flat out breaks 2-3 tackles per catch... it's uncanny the way he sheds them and I never hear him recognized for it... he gets in that low wrestling-shoot position and guys just bounce or slide off him... love watching it...

I was speaking more generally than anything. I didn't even read what Cooley said. Though I do love the idea of athlete blogs and athlete twitters.

And everyone needs to see the Radio City Christmas Special once in their life.

I don't know about you anymore LKB... first you say you like musicals, now the rockettes christmas special.

Speak for yourself. If you think the team has lost you as a fan, then GTFO.

It's one thing to criticize, it's another to say "you've lost me as a fan" based on the play on the field.

If that's the way it is, jump on with the Steelers. They win a lot. You'll be plenty happy.

When a fan base is as smart as this

I can't WAIT for the team to lose you.

Clue to Rhodus333, we can't possibly go 0-8 because believe it or not, we won on Sunday. You're invited to pay attention.

~Bang

When there's 14 games left in a season, losing 8 in a row is completley possible. Maybe you should double check your math. My point was that right now our team isn't playing well enough to hope for anything more than nailbiter endings to every game, regardless of the opponent. Thats whats scary. There isn't a "safe" game on the schedule for a team playing like we are.

Keep your snazzy one liners for the cartoons and stop telling others how to cheer for their team.

Good, I hope the team is pissed off and is eager to show something Sunday. Maybe they can score more than 30 points for a change.

Before we get up to 30 points maybe we should just be happy to see anything over 20. I don't even really care about scoring a ton of points. I just want to see the team in control of what they are doing.

I like Chris Cooley. He is one of the most productive members on the Washington Redskins. He is also one of my favorites.

However, he (and Robert Henson and whoever else) are taking their frustrations out on the wrong people. Yeah, we booed. Yeah, we're pissed. But so what? There's no reason to make excuses or try to rationalize your games with the same crappy reasons that you might find on this board ("Oh yeah, a loss is okay because we played the Giants...") . I mean seriously... That is the worst reason I have ever heard in professional sports aside from, I think it was Dirk Nowitzki who made an excuse for his poor shooting by saying how talented the guy guarding him was.

Hey, we play the Giants one more time. I guess it's okay to lose against them the second time around? Hell no.

Like I said, I like Cooley (and the Redskins), but they've got to get mad at the right people which is themselves. Santana Moss gets a lot of hate lately also, but you never see him blaming anyone. When a reporter asks him if the quarterback is the issue or the coach is the issue or whatever is the issue about his lack of production, he says "It's my job to get the ball." When asked about the booing, he said "I have to play my game. I'm out there to do my job."

I know many Redskins and their friends and their family read this forum, but please... No more of this loser talk.

I think you misread me Bang

If the only issues with the organization was the on field play, I don't think fans would be as angry as I have seen this week.

And I'll be honest, I have been on this board a very long time, since 2002, and this is as pissed as I have ever seen the fan base.

Its not just because of a 9-7 win over the Rams. Thats the least of the problems with the team

Believe me, I'm just as unhappy with the performance as most here. I see the problems just like everyone, even if we all have our ideas as to their cause.

But I can't abide the fans deserting the team, which what the phrase "they've lost the fan base" implies. I can't abide booing the players after a win to send a message. It sends the wrong message, as is evidenced by the reaction of the players who have bothered to speak out.

Some folks here seem to believe that the team is lollygagging, not trying, that the players are somehow satisfied with the lack of scoring. I've never met a single athlete in my life who is happy with a poor performance even in a win.. I have to think these athletes are no different.

~Bang

I am unable to read Cooleys blog at work so what exactly does he need to be careful about?
careful about what? Telling everyone that he believes the Redskins are a good team?

What would you rather him do?

All I'm saying is that he needs to watch it. He's right on that line between standing up for his team and making excuses. Most of us are fed up with this kind of middle of the road, moderated, attitude. This was the same attitude he carried in the last half of last season. Comments posted in this thread mirror my statement. Telling everyone that the Redskins are a good team is valueless. It used to be players laid it all on the field. No excuses. Put up or shut up. That's the mentality of a winner. Not blogging about this and that.

All Cooley's saying is they work hard, back us. It's his personal opinion, same as all the people who are dissing the team.

If sellouts at every home game doesn't tell him that the fans back them I don't know what will. Fans have every right to boo to voice their displeasure and 'Skins fans are amoung the smartness and classiest in all of sports.

Very recently, I booed my beloved Lakers because of the effort in one particular game. You know what happened? The Lakers responded. They got their ass in gear. They didn't blog "things get better trust us." When Rudy Tomjanovich was the coach and the team chucked up 20 three pointers a game, you better believe the season ticket holders and long time fans booed. That's because knowledgeable passionate fans know better. Ownership and the front office got their ass in gear.

We refuse to have the wool pulled over our eyes. Detroit fans got fed up with Millen and stated their displeasure by holding up Fire Millen signs. You know what happened? He finally got fired mid-season.

We want action. We boo because we care. We voice displeasure because we care. He should be more concerned if no one complained. The resulting indifference would only make it easier for the organization to be complacent. If players don't understand that urgency they shouldn't be communicating to the public in the first place.

Very recently, I booed my beloved Lakers because of the effort in one particular game. You know what happened? The Lakers responded. They got their ass in gear. They didn't blog "things get better trust us." When Rudy Tomjanovich was the coach and the team chucked up 20 three pointers a game, you better believe the season ticket holders and long time fans booed. That's because knowledge passionate fans know better. Ownership and the front office got their ass in gear.

We refuse to have the wool pulled over our eyes. Detroit fans got fed up with Millen and stated their displeasure by holding up Fire Millen signs. You know what happened? He finally got fired mid-season.

We want action. We boo because we care. We voice displeasure because we care. He should be more concerned if no-one complained. The resulting indifference would only make it easier for the organization to be complacent. If players don't understand that urgency they shouldn't be communicating to the public in the first place.

very good point. would somebody call a lions fan a "fake fan" because they staged walkouts and fire matt millen rallies? people use him as a punch line on this board and in the media constantly, but ive never seen anyone claim a lions fan was "fake" for booing and trashing their team. they wanna see results, same as we do, and they obviously got sick of it.

orioles did the same thing, staged that walkout, embarrassed angelos to the point where now hes hired andy mcphail and theyre attempting to build a winner. the fans negative voice matters more than some seem to think it does.

Believe me, I'm just as unhappy with the performance as most here. I see the problems just like everyone, even if we all have our ideas as to their cause.

But I can't abide the fans deserting the team, which what the phrase "they've lost the fan base" implies. I can't abide booing the players after a win to send a message. It sends the wrong message, as is evidenced by the reaction of the players who have bothered to speak out.

Some folks here seem to believe that the team is lollygagging, not trying, that the players are somehow satisfied with the lack of scoring. I've never met a single athlete in my life who is happy with a poor performance even in a win.. I have to think these athletes are no different.

~Bang

Bang. With the way we've played the last 10+ years sooner or later the fanbase was going to grow tired of the mediocre play. Every year we succumb to the hype of our offseason acquisitions only to be disappointed a majority of the time.

There is just too much ammuniton for the fans from what I mentioned above to the lack of an actual "GM." This team has NO identity and that's the biggest problem with this team. Teams that are consistently winning have an identity whether it be on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.

I mentioned it before, but why do people like yourself let your blood pressure rise over the comments of some anonymous fans? If anything, maybe the fans showing their displeasure Sunday will wake them up because nurturing them like we have certainly hasn't inspired them.

Maybe all this is what our team needs to come together this season. Maybe they'll all play with a chip on their soulders from here on out.

Yeah this is what we need. Imagine a world where a team needs to get pissed off at their own fan base for booing a pathetic football performance in order to actually play well just to stick it to them.

In all honesty, I would have never seen this coming. Only in DC.:doh:

could you imagine a staged walkout at fedex field.

just everyone go hang out in the parking lot...

things would have to get worse before I'd be up for that - not sure how much worse though... the season isn't lost, but if come that last home game its evident its going to be another 8-8 season, i'd walkout.

Archived