Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley's blog: "Its all Bull ****"

ljs

I would love to take 19, 9 to 7 wins in a row anyday!

Some of our fans make me wonder why they **** they even consider themselves fans.

I don't know if I would have booed at the game. I know I was frustrated watching it on the tube. It wasn't a pretty win by any stretch of the imagination, but it was much better than a loss.

I'm with Cooley on this one. From the reactions of the media and some on this sites like this, it's as if we're 0-8. Are things perfect? No, far from it. But we're not terrible, and we're actually in a good position to rack up a couple solid wins over the next few weeks and march into the rest of the season with a little confidence. I hope Cooley and his teammates take all of this frustration and just dismantle the Lions this weekend.

Fans are mad because we dont look any better or more cohesive as a team since midseason last year. Unless they show improvement each week this team easily could go 0-8. THATS whats frustrating. We get our wins and losses almost by chance and the players play like they have no control over how the game will turn out.

On the lighter side, I love one of Cooley's questions/answers:

-For a million dollars would you be willing to not have sex for a year (this is with or without a partner)? (If no, how about 10 million)?

I would have to turn down a million for the no sex thing (Christy would be pissed). Offer me ten million and Fred Davis might have a new job.

So you advocate banning people who don't share your same rosy outlook for this team? Really?

Not banning them. But I don't know why people come on here and constantly bash every thing the team does. Like I said, I've had my shar of complaints, but it seems like some people love to come on here and ***** about something Snyder, Vinny, Zorn, JC, Portis, etc. said/did.

So you advocate banning people who don't share your same rosy outlook for this team? Really?

No I advocate banning people who like to just ***** and ***** without saying anything constructive...

The whole.... "We suck" and "So and so is a loser" over and over again really gets old...

No person will work as hard as he does and expect failure! People work hard to achieve one thing, Success! This goes with sports, business and life.
By every measure, except wins, Cooley is successful. That is why this rant is uncalled for. Sounds more like trying justify his effort. Sorry, effort counts for nothing in the NFL unless accompanied by wins. Lots of them. If the Skins are 4-1 in 3 weeks, this will all be history. If they are 1-4, it will be much worse. Either way Cooley has put himself on the hot seat. Good. Maybe it's time he stepped up and was a true leader on this team.

That was Randy Quaid and that is one of the more accurate descriptions of fandom ever.

I hate my teams 99 percent of the time. I hate the fact that I spend so much time watching them and caring about them and thinking about them and really - at the end of the day - get nothing out of them.

I love watching football except when Penn State and the Redskins are playing' date=' because those are my favorite teams. I hate football for every minute of those games. It's torture.

The Penn State-Iowa game last year was one of the more unpleasant afternoons of my life. It was like drowning slowly and knowing that you aren't going to be saved.[/quote']

My question to you is why do you put your self through it? Love your team and support them, but to get so down about a loss will only ruin your personal life and work etc... Once Sunday has come and gone I look forward to the following week ether way. I know what you are talking about though, I have been there plenty of times.

Here is to a big win Vs. Lions :point2sky

Do some of you guys realize who you are criticizing for making his opinion known? Cooley! Arguably the best player on his team and one of the top 5 TEs in the NFL. His on field play speaks for itself. How he plays on the field is a testament to how hard he works. I think he has EARNED the right to voice his frustration of the perceived "Sky is falling" mentality displayed by some fans and some sporstalk media.

Most of us ask Snyder to be patient, how about us fans dial it back a notch, give the team support, and lets go beat Detroit.

HTTR!!!

Cooley's job is to play football.

My job is to hate Cooley until he scores a game-winning TD which makes me love Cooley until I hate him again.

I don't understand why fans are supposed to have some kind of code to live by. These guys are entertainers. If I went to Radio City Music Hall and the Rockettes came out' date=' sat down, and started smoking cigarettes, I'd be pissed off.

So, when the Skins don't play well, I get pissed off.

And yes, in my mind, a Redskin and a Rockette are the same thing.[/quote']

The Rockettes don't have anyone out there trying to stop them from entertaining.

Sports is entertainment, but not in the traditional sense. You're supposed to glean entertainment from watching the act of competition.

You can be ticked that the Redskins aren't playing well (I am too), but I would hope you wouldn't expect some contrived sense of entertaining to take precdence over getting the W, no matter how "ugly" it may be.

Players should be more understanding. They need to look at it from a fans standpoint. We have invested time, money, heart, and soul. They are getting paid A LOT of money to PLAY this game. Sure they have some sort of vested interest in terms of pride and overall competition, but their pockets are getting fat in the process.

The owner is getting rich to but a winning product on the field. This team consistantly has the talent to be in the playoffs every year. But their performance on Sunday does not show this. Its sickening.

What Cooley needs to be saying is "Everything is not as bad as they seem. We need to score more points and that will come. We are a good team and should be playing better. We are not going to beat every team, but should be performing at a higher level. We believe in our coach and fans. I understand fans are passionate. But its early. We are 1-1. There is no reason to panic. We have time to fix things that are easily correctable. We are taking things one game at a time. This week our focus is on the Lions. The main goal is to win. In the process, we hope to improve week to week. Keep chearing us on and I promise that we will have success this year."

It seems like that's pretty much the gist of what he, and all the other players have said. Unfortunately most of the fans don't care about that.

Also to LKB technically these guys are competitors. Their job is to win by (just about) any means necessary. That's it. The NFL's job is to help make watching these competitors do their job more fun. If we win every game 9 - 7 all the way into the Superbowl I'll take it. I'm fine with that.

I know we all want the team to look better, I was disappointed with how the team won on Sunday, because they should have won that game running away, with no issues. A few mistakes kept that from happening, but they still overcame and won the game. At the end of the day winning is all that matters in this sport. It seems like a lot of fans forgot about that.

What, you don't think a player hates a loss, or a close win to an opponent they should've beaten handily?

Just because they don't come out and say "we stink" doesn't mean they don't feel the need to improve. Heck, Cooley even said they need to keep getting better.

Just because a player doesn't say exactly what you want them to, doesn't mean they don't understand.

And regradless of frustrations, Cooley is right in that the reactions are extremely exaggerated right now. This team is better than many will admit right now.

I don't agree with you at all. I've been getting the vibe from most of the players that they were satisfied with just beating the Rams. D. Hall is the only one who's come out and said that they played bad. Chris mentions that we did a lot of good things, being able to move the ball and not having to punt often, but our team still isn't in CONTROL of the football game.

There is a big difference between how the Giants beat us by controlling the game, and how we escaped with a win against the Rams. Remember, the Rams are a yard away from sacking our QB for a safety that would of tied the game. If Horton doesn't cause that fumble the Rams are in position to take the lead. Even at the end of the game a better throw to Avery could of won them the game.

This team isn't playing sound football, and we let them hear that during and at the end of the game.

I don't mind his sentiments, but I think athletes should just keep it to themselves and play on Sundays.

yeah...just shut up and play....yeah while a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks, many of which if they were to honestly answer never played organized football before (....and no Madden doesn't count nor does your church league). Have them sit back and complain about something they wouldn't be able to do themselves. Yeah let's listen to that week in and week out.

Honestly, I kinda feel for these guys and those who are famous. How would you like to have someone come to your job and complain without taking into account of the measures that are taken to even perform on that level or do what ever it is you do. Not everyone can play in the NFL, that's why it's glamorized so much. There's a lot more going on behind the scenes than many of us know about. I may not agree about the exorbitant amounts of money shoveled at these guys for playing a game that was initially played just for fun at some point. At the same time I guess it's a part of what makes them special. To be able play this game better than a majority of the population, get paid well to do it and take all the crazy fan criticism. It almost doesn't seem fair but at the same time the bar is set pretty high. This team has all the talent they need. Not everyone thinks that or sees that but it's true. I believe they will get it together.

It's easy to criticize sitting in your living room with a remote in your hands. There's a reason why those who commentate football do what they do......cause they are no longer deemed capable of playing the game or no one wants them around to help with their organization. Only thing left is to critique those who are doing it. If they were truly talented in their expertise, seems to me that someone would have them as a part of their organization in some capacity. Sorry, but it's true..............

Most of us ask Snyder to be patient, how about us fans dial it back a notch, give the team support, and lets go beat Detroit.

HTTR!!!

I think thats the problem. We want Snyder to be patient, yet we demand results right away. We rag on Snyder for signing all these FAs every year, yet anytime someone gets released we see a thread pop up, "So and So released, should we???".

Yes we haven't been an elite team in awhile, but we're not as bad as people make us out to be. We're also not Super Bowl contenders every year. For the time being, we're a middle of the pack team. Yes I'd like to see it change, but we need to relax. The sky isn't falling after 2 games.

Thats what they do....Espically if you make them look like a fool for loving a scrub...Remember i got banned for saying Warrick Holdman is a bumb,if he gotten hurt it would have been best for the team....

Just like Rak at the Sam position...It's Stupid....But for some strange reason..Lets say Rak has a good game against the sorry Lions you will see post about how Rak is better off at the SAM position.lol...the fans are Game to Game fans...

And regradless of frustrations, Cooley is right in that the reactions are extremely exaggerated right now. This team is better than many will admit right now.

Thats exactly WHY so many fans are pissed off. Because we know the team is better than theyre playing on the field. Theyre only holding themselves back. Winning games in the NFL is hard enough without beating yourself each week.

Archived