Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley's blog: "Its all Bull ****"

ljs

Yes - I think the point of booing is to say "c'mon - get going. We know you can do better than 9-7 against the Sheep!!!"

If they start playing better, there's no need to boo.

Exactly. The booing was like pouring water on a sleeping friend. A slap to wake the team up. Most of us believe the team is better than it showed on Sunday, so we let them hear it. Just because you pass a test with a D, doesn't mean your parents are going to be satisfied with just squeaking by.

Were going to have to put up points to beat the lions. They had the Vikings 14-0 in the first half on Sunday...........

It would be an embarrassment as a Redskins fan of what Id have to go threw from other fans if we give Detriot the win they have been looking for.

It was 10-0 Lions, but who's counting? :silly:

But I agree that we gotta get some TD's early. Put the Lions away, don't let them hang around, punish them right from the opening kickoff.

:logo:

Great. Cooley's as delusional as the rest. It's all about points. Unfortunately, there's not a spot on the scoreboard for "drives over 10 plays".

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how low the ownership, players, and fans have set their standards. Gary Clark would have NEVER said losing to the Giants wasn't a big deal because they are outstanding.

Plus, in case Cooley doesn't know. The Giants were using CFL receivers.

Just the same old stuff. Lots of talk, but he'll be silent when the Lions beat us by 10 points.

Great. Cooley's as delusional as the rest. It's all about points. Unfortunately, there's not a spot on the scoreboard for "drives over 10 plays".

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how low the ownership, players, and fans have set their standards. Gary Clark would have NEVER said losing to the Giants wasn't a big deal because they are outstanding.

Plus, in case Cooley doesn't know. The Giants were using CFL receivers.

Just the same old stuff. Lots of talk, but he'll be silent when the Lions beat us by 10 points.

What CFL WRs were the Giants using? Smith and Manningham came from USC and Michigan.

the 87 skins had the 4th highest scoring offense in the league and the 6th lowest points allowed in the league.

not sure how rankings like that are synonymous with "indifferent".

Your 26 so I'm guessing you did not get to watch the games. I did and still have every game from that season on VHS somewhere - sadly I don't have a VHS tape player anymore (memo to self must get those converted).

What I was trying to say was that they played indifferent football at times. Averages and overall scoring records dont tell nearly the full strory. They really did not dominate in just about any game except the one that really counted at the end and even then they came back from being 10 - 0 down at the end of the 1st quarter.

That was a team that really blew hot and cold. We would at times look like we could hardly make a first down and then suddenly have a spell when we made the '07 Patriots look sluggish.

There was the Schroeder/Williams back and forth at QB (Schroeder completed less than 50% of his passes that year and Williams not much over 50%) George Rodgers had a turf toe and was in and out of the lineup at RB with Keith Griffin and Kelvin Bryant spelling him - Timmy Smith hardly played until the playoffs.

The defense was solid with a good line and secondary (Alvin Walton was GREAT that year at SS) but we had spotty linebacker play and some injuries.

Also don't forget that 87 was a strike year and our replacement players played 3 games which they won with some great point differentials which helped the overall averages

They were explosive though which is something I think we can both agree this current team lacks so when they got hot they put points up. Having Monk, Clark and Sanders along with Bryant as the 3rd down back meant we could make big plays when the QBs got hot.

Very few people gave us much chance going into the playoffs with the 49ers or Bears being the hot picks in the NFC. We beat the Bears in Soldier Field with the punt return for a TD from Green, handled the Vikings (just) who had upset the 49ers at RFK in the Championship game and then , of course had the 2nd quarter explosion against the Broncos in teh Super Bowl.

Happy days though!

Now what Cooley? Now what is your excuse? Please just say you suck, we might have a bit more respect if someone just owns up to the truth.

^^^ pretty much, we are dimwit fans this team is actually really good we just can't see it or appreciate it I guess lol. I see BULLSHHHH too Chris.

Chris is a good player for us though, he gets a pass, but the team isn't very good dude.

Now what Cooley? Now what is your excuse? Please just say you suck, we might have a bit more respect if someone just owns up to the truth.
Something along the lines of "The Lions are not a bad football team", "every team is filled with good football players", "the Lions played real hard, this is the NFL........"

^^^ pretty much, we are dimwit fans this team is actually really good we just can't see it or appreciate it I guess lol. I see BULLSHHHH too Chris.

Chris is a good player for us though, he gets a pass, but the team isn't very good dude.

Chris is alright. He'd have a good game one week and catch 2 passes the next.

Something along the lines of "The Lions are not a bad football team", "every team is filled with good football players", "the Lions played real hard, this is the NFL........"

Yup, I'm sure you're right, we heard the same about the Rams last week as we limped to a 9-7 win. However, it's woth noting that the Packers managed to stomp them 36-17 this week. Odd this isn't it? Poor teams live up to expectations as poor teams when they play just about anyone else, but suddenly turn into 'tough opponents' when they play us. Of course, our guys 'play their heart out', I know this because Chris Samuels said so...so it must be true :D. So if that is true, and we're playing our hearts out, and scraping by poor teams and getting beaten off awful teams, then the only conclusion we can draw from this is...we're also not very good...over to you Mr Cooley. :mad:

Archived