Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley's blog: "Its all Bull ****"

ljs

yeah, but we didnt spend 4 first rounders on them. he obviously hit with johnson, but he was considered a 100% lock and so far he definitely is.

1st Round pick: Gardner

1st Round pick: Coles

1st Round pick: Thomas/Davis

2nd Round pick: Jacobs

2nd Round pick: Kelly

3rd Round pick: Lloyd

3rd Round pick: Russel

4th Round pick: Lloyd

5th Round pick: McCants

We already saw the same scenario play out last year, except last year we beat Dallas and Philly on the road before tanking after starting 4-1.

We started 6-2 last year - then we really tanked. If that trend continues and we have a losing record at half way then we are in real trouble as the second half of the schedule looks tougher on paper than the first half.

At this point though the season is young, we are 1-1 with some games coming up we should win and everything is there to play for.

I guess my point is lets worry IF we lose rather than unleashing the hounds on the premise we MIGHT lose.

1st Round pick: Gardner

1st Round pick: Coles

1st Round pick: Thomas/Davis

2nd Round pick: Jacobs

2nd Round pick: Kelly

3rd Round pick: Lloyd

3rd Round pick: Russel

4th Round pick: Lloyd

5th Round pick: McCants

i see what youre saying about trading draft picks for WR, but millen actually used 4 top 10 draft picks on WR in the span of about 7 years. thats insanity.

and i didnt know we gave up a 1st rounder for coles. wowsers.

We started 6-2 last year - then we really tanked. If that trend continues and we have a losing record at half way then we are in real trouble as the second half of the schedule looks tougher on paper than the first half.

At this point though the season is young, we are 1-1 with some games coming up we should win and everything is there to play for.

I guess my point is lets worry IF we lose rather than unleashing the hounds on the premise we MIGHT lose.

the offensive woes started happening right after the eagles game, when we were 4-1. we put up 14 on the browns at home, and had a special teams TD save us against the lions putting up 25 on the worst team ever.

so while you are correct that we started 6-2, the trend that i was referring to started in week 6 of last year and is still here after week 2 of the following season.

i think were gonna beat the lions and im not TOO worried about them. its other teams i worry about, and if were not gonna score a bunch against a terrible team, thats a bad sign.

I guess you didn't watch the team last year. Not my problem.

This will not end well, but don't let me curb your enthusiasm.

I guess you didn't watch the team last year. Not my problem.

This will not end well, but don't let me curb your enthusiasm.

I watch every game, wherever I am in the world whatever the time of day or night, whatever our record and I watch to the end whatever the score.

I am a realist and I recognise that we need to produce morepoints on offense, specifically being more productive in the redzone. Go check some of my back posts I have been talking about the importance of redzone production most of the offeseason.

I also agree with those who talk about us needing to do a better job getting off the field on 3rd downs on defense.

I'm also realistic enough to know that it might all end badly. I have seen enough football though to know that it could just as easily end well. Take the 87 team for example, they played some very indifferent football on both sides of the ball that year and ended up winning a SuperBowl.

Who would have picked the Cards to go the Super Bowl last year after we beat them in week 2. Or that the Eagles would get to the NFC Championship game after we beat them in week 4?

It is MUCH too early in the year to draw too many conculsions on anything. But feel free to carry on doing so - thats not my probelm.

WOW.

Pay attention next time.

WOW, take it easy! We didn't trade the Jets anything for Coles. He signed here during free agency.

After a spectacular 2002 season, Coles signed with the Washington Redskins in the 2002 offseason and admitted that he left the Jets because the Redskins offered him more money. He made the Pro Bowl for the Redskins in 2003. At the end of the 2004 season, Coles left the Redskins because of a lack of a deep passing game from Joe Gibbs's conservative 2004-2005 offense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laverneus_Coles

The New York Jets, barring a last-minute change of heart, will not match the Washington Redskins' five-year, $35 million contract offer sheet to wide receiver Laveranues Coles.

If the Jets opt against matching the offer, which includes a $13 million signing bonus, by today's 4 p.m. deadline, the Redskins would acquire Coles and surrender their first-round draft choice, the 13th overall, in April to the Jets as compensation.

So the question is, who picked 13th in the 2003 draft, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_NFL_Draft

Coles ended up being Ty Warren for the NE Patriots, believe it or not.

Who would have picked the Cards to go the Super Bowl last year after we beat them in week 2. Or that the Eagles would get to the NFC Championship game after we beat them in week 4?

It is MUCH too early in the year to draw too many conculsions on anything. But feel free to carry on doing so - thats not my probelm.

I'll give you the 87 Skins team but in recent history, like you said, the Cardinals and Eagles last year, both teams had great QB's. We have a guy who needs everything to go perfectly and even now it never does. 9 pts against a bad defense. IMO we are just counting days until it's over. It's not JC's fault, I know, but this whole organization is doomed to fail unless we find a QB like Rivers, Brees, or Ryan. But that's just my opinion. I know it doesn't mean as much as Clinton Portis' opinion whether I am right 50x more often or not.

I'll give you the 87 Skins team but in recent history, like you said, the Cardinals and Eagles last year, both teams had great QB's. We have a guy who needs everything to go perfectly and even now it never does. 9 pts against a bad defense. IMO we are just counting days until it's over. It's not JC's fault, I know, but this whole organization is doomed to fail unless we find a QB like Rivers, Brees, or Ryan. But that's just my opinion. I know it doesn't mean as much as Clinton Portis' opinion whether I am right 50x more often or not.

the 87 skins had the 4th highest scoring offense in the league and the 6th lowest points allowed in the league.

not sure how rankings like that are synonymous with "indifferent".

Archived