Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cooley's blog: "Its all Bull ****"

ljs

"We" are the fan's team. That's why we are here playing football. I think it's great to have loyal fans that feel like we are their team. The only time guys get tired of the "we" thing is when fans tell us what we should and shouldn't be doing on the field. There is a reason that fans are fans. My job is to play tight end and yours is to cheer loud. To be the best "we" all gotta play our roles.

[This is the best part, period. I applaud CC.:applause::applause::applause::applause::D

True but these are HIS word and NOT the teams, so he is entitled to them. He plays his ass off.

You win and lose as a team. Chris Cooley plays his ass off and usually does well. That is why he should hold his teammates accountable for their mistakes and light a fire under their asses. The team has played poorly the first two games of the season. Us as fans let that be known to them. Instead of getting upset with us as fans for booing, get your team ready, come out and give us something to cheer for.

You win and lose as a team. Chris Cooley plays his ass off and usually does well. That is why he should hold his teammates accountable for their mistakes and light a fire under their asses. The team has played poorly the first two games of the season. Us as fans let that be known to them. Instead of getting upset with us as fans for booing, get your team ready, come out and give us something to cheer for.

I agree, while his play on the field may justify him to cover his own back when people criticize him directly, him defending the whole team and saying its all bs he should not do. He should not come out and say to all the fans that its bullsh***. He should not because his TEAM isnt walking the walk. He might be, but this team isnt and until it is he has no ground to be defending them.

"We" are the fan's team. That's why we are here playing football. I think it's great to have loyal fans that feel like we are their team. The only time guys get tired of the "we" thing is when fans tell us what we should and shouldn't be doing on the field. There is a reason that fans are fans. My job is to play tight end and yours is to cheer loud. To be the best "we" all gotta play our roles.

[This is the best part, period. I applaud CC.:applause::applause::applause::applause::D

"We are the fan's team"? MY ASS!!!!

"That's why we are here playing football". I call it anything but football! And by the way, the reason you're here is ONLY because they were the high bidder. You have no connection to the franchise, and it shows.

"My job is to play tight end and yours is to cheer loud. To be the best "we" all gotta play our roles."

CHRIS IS RIGHT ON HERE... US BOOING HELPS THE OTHER TEAM

AGAIN, US BOOING HELPS THE OTHER TEAM

NOW I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS "PART" OF THE TEAM, SO WHY DONT WE TRY TO HELP OUR TEAM. WHY DO FEEL THE NEED TO SABATOGE OUR TEAM? WTF!? YOUR JOB IS TO BE "FANATICAL", THAT MEANS BEING A "HOMER"

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR SOME TO GET... YOU ARE A FAN, BE FANATICAL AND BE A HOMER... HELP YOUR TEAM AND DONT BOO... WTF

Sorry, but that's kinda bull.

I wasn't at the game, and unfortunately for me I'm one of the few Skins fans in my area so the game was muted for me.

But I'm assuming that whenever the Rams were on offense, FedEx was as loud as it ever was. And I'm assuming that whenever the Skins were at the line about to snap the ball, the stadium was as quiet as it ever has been. For the most part, that is home field advantage. Just because our fans booed after one playcall and at the end of the game doesn't mean they didn't do their jobs as fans.

"My job is to play tight end and yours is to cheer loud. To be the best "we" all gotta play our roles."

CHRIS IS RIGHT ON HERE... US BOOING HELPS THE OTHER TEAM

AGAIN, US BOOING HELPS THE OTHER TEAM

NOW I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO FEELS "PART" OF THE TEAM, SO WHY DONT WE TRY TO HELP OUR TEAM. WHY DO FEEL THE NEED TO SABATOGE OUR TEAM? WTF!? YOUR JOB IS TO BE "FANATICAL", THAT MEANS BEING A "HOMER"

WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR SOME TO GET... YOU ARE A FAN, BE FANATICAL AND BE A HOMER... HELP YOUR TEAM AND DONT BOO... WTF

Again, unless the fans are booing extremely loud while the Skins are at the line about to snap the ball, it doesn't help the other team.

At what point do ill feelings between players and fans impact the decision of the players to sign here or to renew their contracts? I would think that when it comes down to it, the almighty $ is the overriding factor, but for the first time I'm wondering whether all this nonsense is going to make DC a less appealing place to play.

Personally, I know a few NFL players in the league and the truth is that as a free agent you come to the Redskins to get paid. When no one else will pay you....THE REDSKINS WILL. At some point the this has to stop. It is admirable to have a willing owner when it comes to spending but if you aren't spending money wisely what's the point.

Cooley is just giving his opinion and that's good for him, but he said it himself...5 drives of 10 plays which...I'd remind him ended in 9 points because of execution.

Five drives of over 10 plays IS impressive.

We moved the ball well. Maybe against the Lions we can score.

First, per NFL.com, the Redskins had 4 drives of 10+ plays. So if someone is going to spout out these great stats, they should get them right.

2nd, the Dolphins had 5 drives of 10+ plays, and look what it got them.

3rd, long drives don't mean **** if you don't score 7. Drive right the field and lose it in the red zone = failure. No matter how well you did getting there.

Long drives = suck = no big play potential. Give me the 3 play, 75 yard drive with the 60 yard TD bomb.

Look, incompetence against a good D is one thing, incompetence against the HORRIBLE Rams D is unacceptable. 9 points?????

First, per NFL.com, the Redskins had 4 drives of 10+ plays. So if someone is going to spout out these great stats, they should get them right.

2nd, the Dolphins had 5 drives of 10+ plays, and look what it got them.

3rd, long drives don't mean **** if you don't score 7. Drive right the field and lose it in the red zone = failure. No matter how well you did getting there.

Long drives = suck = no big play potential. Give me the 3 play, 75 yard drive with the 60 yard TD bomb.

Look, incompetence against a good D is one thing, incompetence against the HORRIBLE Rams D is unacceptable. 9 points?????

Amen. Incompetence is unacceptable at any time.

Long drives does not = suck, it = excellent. Not all of offense is putting points on the board. It's almost as much about making sure the other team can't score points by controlling the clock and keeping your defense fresh. We did well in TOP this week and it made all the difference from the week before. You bring up the dolphins, I'll bring up the Titans, who scored on a bunch of quick drives and still lost in part because they got crushed on TOP. Scoring points doesn't do anything if the other team scores right along with you and controls the ball for the final minutes that matter most.

Long drives does not = suck, it = excellent. Not all of offense is putting points on the board. It's almost as much about making sure the other team can't score points by controlling the clock and keeping your defense fresh. We did well in TOP this week and it made all the difference from the week before. You bring up the dolphins, I'll bring up the Titans, who scored on a bunch of quick drives and still lost in part because they got crushed on TOP. Scoring points doesn't do anything if the other team scores right along with you and controls the ball for the final minutes that matter most.

Hey man, if you're satisfied with 20 3-yard rushes that lead to 3 points, more power to ya.

T.O.P. means nothing if you have the ball most of the game score 9 points and the other team scores 14 off of two quick drives. You lose. And alot of fans realize that that almost happen Sunday. Thank God the Rams couldn't manage their timeout situation and penalties because if they did we would have lost. But we didn't. But we can't back off of finishing drives because that is what makes an elite team elite. And we aren't there yet. We aren't the worse. But we don't make great cases for ourselves when we play down to the level of competition. And that is what happen Sunday.

Archived