Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arlington: The Rap

jrockster21

Haha except South Arlington isn't "hard". There's like one homicide in the entire county per year. Arlington is soft. Go across the river and start talking, then you'll have problems.

There are these things people call "jokes" some people get them, some dont. Awwwww yeaaaa, i think I'll start my own RAP now, lookout! :D

Was just there last night for prom.

Lol, Dim Sum. Rosslyn is boring though.

My friend and I used to go to Dim Sum in the USA Today building (China Garden), then go upstairs to the roof to see the few exhibits up there. SOOOOO good.

And that's an awesome place to have prom.

The bit about the mall being ****ty was pretty funny. Every time i go to the gym i wonder why it has such crappy stores instead of the usual mall stores.

Its got everything but nothing good. :laugh:

"Like tapas"

That's pretty fun stuff. The guy's good. I like this one he did:

"Hey There Kahlilah":

My friend and I used to go to Dim Sum in the USA Today building (China Garden), then go upstairs to the roof to see the few exhibits up there. SOOOOO good.

And that's an awesome place to have prom.

I worked on the construction of the USA today building in '83/'84.

There are these things people call "jokes" some people get them, some dont. Awwwww yeaaaa, i think I'll start my own RAP now, lookout! :D

1) His post wasn't a joke. Did you even read what he said? He's right, it was worse in the 90's and it has been gentrified but it was never that rough, seeing as how it's still Arlington.

2) My post wasn't out of dismay I was just pointing out the fact that the county has like 1 or 2 homicides a year and it is more dangerous across the river (thank God for that river)

---------

And it's funny because all the people he talks about in the video aren't even really true Arlingtonians since they all moved like here like less than 5 years ago and probably don't even know what Weenie Beanie is.

LOL, holy crap why all these dudes wearin' brown flip flops?!

Hilarious song/video. The part about the Green line was funny except, if you're heading into the Arlington area why would you want to take the green line?

Apparently Remy just moved from Mclean and shot the video last weekend.

:hysterical: Maybe going FROM Arlington?
Tell me why my mom knew about this video. On the phone yesterday, she's like, "Have you seen that Arlington rap? It's so funny- all the starbucks and the brown flipflops." WTF?
Washington Post Metro section had a cover article Saturday.

I lived in Ballston from 1993-2000 while it went from an urban extension of DC to an outrageously overpriced yuppie town. I hardly recognize Virginia Square when I go back up there now. It's crazy.

That video captures the way Arlington is now perfectly.

My grandparents moved to Arlington in 1931 and my Mom grew up there in the 40's and 50's. Guess it was considered way out in the Burbs then. They lived in what I guess is considered Barcroft between Arlington Blvd and Columbia Pike on 4th street and Pershing Dr.

Please, the county has like two homicides a year, no parts of it go "hard". People can get beat up anywhere.
1) His post wasn't a joke. Did you even read what he said? He's right, it was worse in the 90's and it has been gentrified but it was never that rough, seeing as how it's still Arlington.

2) My post wasn't out of dismay I was just pointing out the fact that the county has like 1 or 2 homicides a year and it is more dangerous across the river (thank God for that river)

NOW it does. In the 90's, it was in or near the double-digits. Crime across the board was much higher, hence the term "worse." Reading comprehension is your friend. :)

PS - relax, bro.

NOW it does. In the 90's, it was in or near the double-digits. Crime across the board was much higher, hence the term "worse." Reading comprehension is your friend. :)

PS - relax, bro.

It seems reading comprehension is your friend. Or maybe you didn't see that I said "He's right, it was worse in the 90's"

Like I said in response to Burgold, I wasn't mad. I'm just saying 10 homicides a year is nothing when at the same across the river in the 90's they were up between 450-500.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived