Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hilarious: Daily Show Looks At 24 Hours of Fox News (and random DS bumps) MET

mjah

Don't get caught up in the " Us v Them" political fallacy. A real American eschews left/right pandering. Real Americans vote when they want to, not because the media tells them to. Real Americans don't watch Fox News and they don't watch Comedy Central, not for real information..

Think about it.

Who is watching Comedy Central for news?

No one reads the political cartoon in the paper for news either, but that doesn't mean that the cartoon can't speak truth.

Now if on the other hand someone were to watch The Daily Show for contemporary commentary through satire then I'd say you're in the right spot.

But then it doesn't surprise me that many conservatives don't like The Daily Show, but my guess is that they would if there was a Republican version.

What bothered me in the rebuttal clip was when O'Reilly said and repeated that 100% of the criticism of the racist wrongs of the minority in the Tea Party come from the Left. Why should that be? Why is he proud of that? Shouldn't the Right also be critical of this unbecoming sub-category of their branch? 100% of the conservative writers, commentators, and thinkers in the U.S. think the bigoted signs/actios are okay and not worthy of comment or derision?

Yikes!

Real Americans vote when they want to, not because the media tells them to.

This is true. I usually vote every other third friday. I'll be damned if I'm sticking to that Big Media November Sweeps timetable.

~Bang

What bothered me in the rebuttal clip was when O'Reilly said and repeated that 100% of the criticism of the racist wrongs of the minority in the Tea Party come from the Left. Why should that be? Why is he proud of that? Shouldn't the Right also be critical of this unbecoming sub-category of their branch? 100% of the conservative writers, commentators, and thinkers in the U.S. think the bigoted signs/actios are okay and not worthy of comment or derision?

Yikes!

What possible sense does his logic make anyway? The problem was that they were taking the actions of a few and ascribing them to an entire group. How does "all of them are liberal" change the problem at all?

Fox trying to take on The Daily Show is about as dumb as the White House trying to take on Fox.
Yeah, because the 10s of folks watching TDS are really scary to Fox News.

LOL, wut?? It's dumb because it's not going to accomplish anything. The Daily Show is satire. A news channel (allegedly) trying to go to war with a comedian is stupid because you can't "win". They're just going to keep making fun of you. Same with the White House and Fox. WH can't win because Fox is just going to keep taking shots at you, when you should be above it all.

And actually I suspect the Daily Show is somewhat scary to Fox News, because it's the most popular show on television, with about 2 million viewers per night (or 200,000 10s, if you prefer) that openly discusses Fox's hypocrisy and pandering. They don't want that to be part of the public consciousness.

Yeah, because the 10s of folks watching TDS are really scary to Fox News.

If Fox wasn't concerned with The Daily Show, Fox wouldn't be talking about The Daily Show.

Which is why it's a bad idea for Fox to be talking about The Daily Show.

It's not that complicated.

• 3 weeks later...
That clip should have it's own thread. :ols:

Whenever we post a Beck video from the Daily Show or other source the folks on the Right who are either tired of defending Beck or are embarrassed by him respond by saying, "What is the deal with the Left's obsession with Glenn Beck?" They do that to shift the discussion from what a total tool Beck is to the reasons that the Left and most the thinking world realizes that Beck is an idiot.

Archived