Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Is The Most Beautiful Place You've Ever Been?

Dingle peninsula in Ireland. Wonderful ocean, countryside and beautiful:pint:

It's certainly a striking place, and as the most westerly point in Europe the sunsets over the Atlantic are great, but I suppose it depends on what you mean by beautiful? A tropical paradise it ain't and the weather sucks :)

akerryscene.JPG

Esslingen, Germany. It's a few miles SE of Stuttgart. So many beautiful scenes.

I used to walk past this row of houses going across the Neckar River almost every night.

8585625.jpg

This house is on a small island in the middle of the river.

2490940.jpg

I was stationed there for a couple of years and fell in love with it. If I could move anywhere in the world, it would be there.

Since I haven't travel the world like some of you, I thought I'd just share some pics of the beautiful country where I was born.... El Salvador.

22.jpg

17.jpg

07.jpg

15.jpg

26.jpg

sansal7.jpg

Sansivarnight.jpg

Sunzal20de20N20a20S.jpg

And this right here is a river sadly known for being the scenario where some of the worst battles and massacres took place during the civil war.

Riosumpul1.jpg

There's a balsalm woolly adelgid killing the firs in the Black Mountain area of NC, and there's a hemlock woolly adelgid killing the hemlocks. Same kind of infestation. (I was just there 2 years ago. Great winter hiking if you are into that)

Hemlock

2167018.jpg

Fraser Fir

1344039.jpg

Yes, unfortunately you also could've taken those pictures from the stand of Hemlock in my back yard (in McLean). they have gone from an impenetrable barrier of deep green, to long yellowish green wisps... I am afraid they don't stand a chance.

On a more positive note, I was on a hike in New River gorge around 1.5 months ago, and the Hemlock there were all strong and vibrant, and seemed unaffected (yet... unfortunately it is just a matter of time)

St Thomas and St John are both in the U.S. Virgin islands, but they could not be more different. St Thomas is nothing like St John.

St John is amazing. St Thomas is disgusting.

You should have gone down to Red Hook and chartered a boat Mick. That palce has some blue marlin that are out of there flippin mind. When they migrate past St Thomas they are in full on eating mode to fatten up for the spawn. It's amasing how mad they get when they can't catch your bait. I'll pull the lures out of their way just to piss them off. They get faster and more angry with every attemp. Then when you catch them and get them to the boat you have a whole nother set of issues. They hate being pulled on. That is where you see in videos where the fish jumps into the boat. It happens once a week down there.

Archived