Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Is The Most Beautiful Place You've Ever Been?

You guys have shown some really nice places, but I still have to say that one of the nicest places I have been is San Diego. I smile every time I think about the place.

It's funny. We have relatives in San Diego, and every time I'm there, I can't wait to get back home. WHen I'm in San Diego, I'm always looking to go somewhere else, Anza Borrega State Park, San Jacinto Mountains, Pacific Crest Trail, La Jolla. The city itself does very little for me. Coronado is cool. Balboa Park. That's it. Maybe I don't know the city that well, but I'll take DC, New York, San Francisco any day as far as cities go.

It's funny. We have relatives in San Diego, and every time I'm there, I can't wait to get back home. WHen I'm in San Diego, I'm always looking to go somewhere else, Anza Borrega State Park, San Jacinto Mountains, Pacific Crest Trail, La Jolla. The city itself does very little for me. Coronado is cool. Balboa Park. That's it. Maybe I don't know the city that well, but I'll take DC, New York, San Francisco any day as far as cities go.

SD is not known for its superb downtown yet the experience of San Diego is something that you cant duplicate in those other cities you mentioned.

La Jolla is a part of the SD experience, so is balboa park and coronado.

I guess you have to decide if you like the mountains or the beach better. I'll almost always go with mountains.

Me too, for the most part.

Acadia Natl Park is a place where the mountains and sea are right there. One of my favorite parks, actually.

Kauai is the same. Jungle mountains on the east, Grand Canyon type terrain on the west, and beaches all around.

A little village called Mamburao on the island of Mindoro, Philippines.

the village has changed now, with a large pier in the bay, but when I was there, the pier was not there and all people coming via water (which I did from Manila) you come in a large boat which would anchor in calm water, then a smaller boat would pick you up and take you to shore.

What made that scene even better was watching other people come in that way while sitting on the mountain side that flanks the bay. I cant put my finger on it but something about watching those little boats make their way through the bay onto the beach with very little in the way of man made structures was so beautiful, I could have spent a lifetime there.

Now, apparently my pristine bay has been replaced by condo developments, the new pier and private cottages.

The downtown lacked a little. But I'm not a big fan of the downtown scene anyway. While I was there I found some nice bars to hang out at. But I'm a bigger fan of being able to enjoy and experience the natural beauty of a place. That what I loved about SD. Like Mike said, you can go an hour and do just about anything, that's what I love. I turned one way and was looking at water and the beach, in the other direction I was looking at hills and mountains. That's a perfect place to me.

Sonny- sort of off topic, but didn't you say once a long time ago that you ordered Kona coffee online directly from Hawaii?

Which website was that, exactly? I'd like to get some. But most sites I see look kind of sketchy, and the **** costs $25/pound :(, so I don't want to mess it up

or maybe I have you confused with another poster, thought it was you though

Upstate NY is really nice in general. Reminds a whole hell of a lot of east TN- except in winter when there is 10 feet of snow on the ground

minelotbig.jpg

QTA25082003_04.jpg

IMG_1058.JPG

heres a few pics I found of a place called Thatcher Park. Also known as the Indian Ladder. Its about 15 - 20 mins from my house. You can see parts of Albany from certain parts of it.

I guess you have to decide if you like the mountains or the beach better. I'll almost always go with mountains.

Speaking of which, parts of the Great Smoky Mountain NP are more beautiful than anything I've ever seen actually- old growth forests with ferns and hemlocks and streams cutting thru all of it- it's like a fairy tale. Mid-spring is the best time imo

enjoy them while you can.... ALL of the Hemlocks are in the process of dying.

enjoy them while you can.... ALL of the Hemlocks are in the process of dying.
yah :(

and they don't know why

There's a balsalm woolly adelgid killing the firs in the Black Mountain area of NC, and there's a hemlock woolly adelgid killing the hemlocks. Same kind of infestation. (I was just there 2 years ago. Great winter hiking if you are into that)

Hemlock

2167018.jpg

Fraser Fir

1344039.jpg

Sonny- sort of off topic, but didn't you say once a long time ago that you ordered Kona coffee online directly from Hawaii?

Which website was that, exactly? I'd like to get some. But most sites I see look kind of sketchy, and the **** costs $25/pound :(, so I don't want to mess it up

or maybe I have you confused with another poster, thought it was you though

Zoony, what a memory. Yep, I sure do.

We order directly from the Kauai Coffee Company (link: http://www.kauaicoffee.com/} utilizing there Estate Coffee Club.

We prefer the Peaberry Dark Roast (real earthy) and have it delivered once a month. It's not cheap at $15.25 for 10 oz.; but the beans are so fresh when you get them that they still stick together (they are picked on the 1st day, roasted the same day, shipped the same day; and you recieve the bean the following day).

Secondly, it's the real thing. Too many Kona coffee type companies will sell you cheap, but then you realize it's on 10% Kona...not the 100% variety.

Good luck!

Archived