Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Is The Most Beautiful Place You've Ever Been?

Alot of you guys are with in a hundred miles of the place I think is the most beautiful. The Northern neck of Virginia. In the fall when the leaves change to all colors and you feel that cool crisp felling of cold air on your cheeks. The breese that blows that fresh air smell through the whistling pines as geese honk over head. Land that seems like someone stopped the clock of time somewhere and it stays the way you remember it. The snow falling in those rolling hills is too beautiful. Sworms of deer come to the edge of the field as he sun set turns the sky all shades of purple and I would go in out of the snow to have pancakes. Yes, pancakes. I don't know why. (When ever it snowed when I was a kid, you know, to where you missed school. We always had pancakes for supper.)

Good night folks. The lose yesterday has me depressed and I have to fish tomorrow. Wish me luck and good night.

Alot of you guys are with in a hundred miles of the place I think is the most beautiful. The Northern neck of Virginia. In the fall when the leaves change to all colors and you feel that cool crisp felling of cold air on your cheeks. The breese that blows that fresh air smell through the whistling pines as geese honk over head. Land that seems like someone stopped the clock of time somewhere and it stays the way you remember it. The snow falling in those rolling hills is too beautiful. Sworms of deer come to the edge of the field as he sun set turns the sky all shades of purple and I would go in out of the snow to have pancakes. Yes, pancakes. I don't know why. (When ever it snowed when I was a kid, you know, to where you missed school. We always had pancakes for supper.)

Good night folks. The lose yesterday has me depressed and I have to fish tomorrow. Wish me luck and good night.

The seasons are beautiful here, and the sunsets are the best I have seen anywhere. I wouldn't mind living in the Shenandoah except there aren't any cities I like. Even still if one day I can afford too I'd like to live out somewhere in the country for my peaceful years.

Oh man, I could go on forever with this one. There really are so many beautiful places on this earth.

For now though I'm gonna have to nominate Franz Josef glacier from the west coast of the south island of New Zealand.

franzjosefnf8.jpg

This view is from the glacier, looking in to the valley. From wiki:

Together with the Fox Glacier 20 km to the south, it is unique in the fact that it descends from the Southern Alps to less than 300 metres above sea level amidst the greenery and lushness of a temperate rainforest. It is also one of only three glaciers to come so close to a coastline.
Really that whole country is beautiful. Don't believe me? Go watch Lord of the Rings :silly:

I bet PCS is enjoying this thread...

canton ohio wasnt too bad either
Hahah - good one. But I do have to admit that watching the Washington Redskins play in, what is basically a high school stadium, was very beautiful.

And I really hope we do it again some day. :cheers:

But other than that, perusing this thread, I'd have to say I need to take a trip to Italy some time before I die.

In a way. Yes. In a way, no. So many places to see and take pics of yet. :) And some great pics being shown here I might add.

And yep. I know about Layton and it's view. Very nice.

Flaming Gorge in Wyoming. Watching the sun rise and find out where it got its name.

Standing on top of a ridge in the Appalachians at dusk on a late summer evening.

On a small sailboat out on Biscayne bay on a nice,dry November evening.

On a beach, at night, watching the fireworks of an offshore storm,(er one that wasn't heading my way).

My "backyard". Right outside my condo. 500 yards due west. Hop a fence, walk through the sagebrush, hit a small path, and then walk up a double track trail until you get to a small pond fed by a small waterfall,(all this with the hope that the owners of the property don't drive by you while they are there. ;) ).

fallbackyard11.jpg

Cascade Spring just outside Heber Utah. In the morning, mid Spring or fall, got the place all to yourself.

springcascad0814.jpg

Lot's of others. And lot's of times, they are places you see almost every day.

LOVE the pics...

Italy wins by far in my book, Cinque Terre is a group of 5 towns that all live on the mountainous coast and we took a boat shuttle to a few of them...much like the first few italy pics posted. I wish i had my pictures!!! Just gorgeous.

Portovenere, Italy

Asisi, Italy

Monaco

Cannes, France

Neice, France

Barcelona

Grand Cayman

Puerta Vallarta, Mexico

Jamaica

I feel the need to travel right now!!!!

Archived