Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else spending Thanksgiving alone?

ljs

So I realized today that this will be the first Thanksgiving that I'll be pretty much alone all day, that is unless I get an unexpected invitation or visitor.

I do have a 4 day weekend, but I'd have to drive 3 hours to see family, who is working all weekend and all 3 of my nephews are sick. So really no point in that. I decided to just stay in town and cook a turkey (my boss gave all of us 15 lb butterballs:D) I had invited a few people over that don't have family in town, but one left town and the other couple of them have other plans.

I didn't really think much about it until today. I was actually kind of excited to watch football all day w/ no one to bug me. I think though that I'm getting a little bummed about it.

Just curious if anyone is chillin alone for the holidays?

I had to work over a Thanksgiving when I used to live in LA back in the early nineties. Didn't really know anyone there yet and uh, yeah, it sucked. Before you know it it's Monday again though so enjoy the weekend for what it's worth and know that you're probably not going to have to spend too many of them alone like that. In other words, this too shall pass. ;)

if i didnt get invited to some friends house i would be.

you gonna be ok?

yeah, I'm going to wait on the turkey to cook on Sunday w/ my football buddies.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised that no one invited me over. My frustration might also be from work. I'm taking a few minutes of a break to cool down. Some people have really pissed me off the last couple of days. So maybe this whole alone thing is more of the straw that broke the camel back so to speak.

Aww, I'm really sorry to hear that.

For months I've been looking forward to leaving my school and work stress behind, coming home, and spending time with my family. I feel badly when I hear other people who are not able to do the same. If I lived closer to you I'd invite you to hang out with my crazy family, watch some football, and eat my mom's homemade apple pie.

I hope you might be able to spend some time with friends at least. If not, I hope you can make the best of this holiday. :)

It will be just me and my brother Josh this year.

I actually have to work twelve hours tomorrow.

And then you have to fry a Turkey, right TJ? :silly:

We always have a huge crowd at dinner. There will be 40 friends and family over. I hope everybody has a place to go. If not head on down to Ladys Island for some Fried Turkey.

So I realized today that this will be the first Thanksgiving that I'll be pretty much alone all day, that is unless I get an unexpected invitation or visitor.

I do have a 4 day weekend, but I'd have to drive 3 hours to see family, who is working all weekend and all 3 of my nephews are sick. So really no point in that. I decided to just stay in town and cook a turkey (my boss gave all of us 15 lb butterballs:D) I had invited a few people over that don't have family in town, but one left town and the other couple of them have other plans.

I didn't really think much about it until today. I was actually kind of excited to watch football all day w/ no one to bug me. I think though that I'm getting a little bummed about it.

Just curious if anyone is chillin alone for the holidays?

your point? :laugh: j/k

I will be spending the day tomorrow alone....for most of the day.

The choice to do this was mine. My family are all doing dinner at different places......and I was suppose to go......but decided........I just didn't want to go. Two of my very good friends asked me to come to their houses, but I just was not in the mood

Thanksgiving has not been a big deal for me in a long time. Many years, I have gone out to eat.

Give me a call tomorrow if you want some company via the telephone or send me an IM.

We can celebrate together separately!!!

I was about to. Last year I spent thanksgiving in knoxville, but had 2-3 different places to go to. This year, it seems most people went home. Then I ended up finding a cheap plane ticket and am now home. Had I stayed around though, I'd definitely be alone.

Having spent other Thanksgivings alone in strange cities, I have found it helpful to go down to the Stop-N-Go and buy a couple 40 oz'ers of Olde English and the big can of Dinty Moore and sit out on the curb and I will usually make a friend or two to have dinner with and share a laugh or two before the night ends.

your point? :laugh: j/k
You can be such a dick. No emoticon intentional.
You're never alone when you've got ES. ;)

He's right ya know.

I've spent a few alone. Had a few alone go epic, with some nice twists.

If it was really bothering me, I would go at it head on. Hank, Jack and a long walk from a bar should do the trick.:)

Archived