Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the longest book you've ever read cover to cover?

renaissance

Several months ago I decided to read Oil - the Upton Sinclair book that There Will Be Blood is based on. I don't really read "for fun" very often. But I was kind of on a role and had just finished reading No Country for Old Men and decided I should check this one out too (I liked both movies).

Anyway, the book is freaking 550 pages long. I'm sure for some people that's nothing, but for me who is probably the slowest reader on the planet, and who has zero attention span for reading, this is like my Everest. Today on the metro I realized I have passed the halfway mark - I'm at page 295!!!! The story is kind of dragging but it's still interesting, and even though I'll go days at a time w/out reading any I am on a mission to FINISH THIS BOOK!!

This just makes me wonder, though...what's the longest book you have read? And I guess I don't count books you've read for school. So, the longest book you've read "for fun".

I just read Oil, took 3 days.

:notworthy

I think I'm going on 3 months at least!

In high school it took me an entire summer to finish Jurassic Park. If I really get in to a book I can finish it in a few days (I did this with Into the Wild), but I can never just sit and read for hours at a time.:(

:notworthy

I think I'm going on 3 months at least!

In high school it took me an entire summer to finish Jurassic Park. If I really get in to a book I can finish it in a few days (I did this with Into the Wild), but I can never just sit and read for hours at a time.:(

For me, I tend to loose myself in a good book. It almost seems like I have stopped reading and just visulize what happens.

If you find a genre you like, there are some authors that will make you loose track of time.

The longest book I have read is the Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks, it is somewhere around 750 pages, read it when I was about 13 or 14, that took a while.

I am currently working on Eldest by Christopher Paolini (Eragon) and Elfstones of Shannara, another Terry Brooks title. I am a huge fantasy novel guy.

The longest book I have read is the Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks, it is somewhere around 750 pages, read it when I was about 13 or 14, that took a while.

I am currently working on Eldest by Christopher Paolini (Eragon) and Elfstones of Shannara, another Terry Brooks title. I am a huge fantasy novel guy.

I assume that you have read "A Game of Thrones" by George RR Martin. If not, go there next. You will thank me.

Also, get a book called the "The Amulet of Samarkand" by Jonathan Stroud. It's not as deep, but its really fun and I guarantee you will enjoy it.

Archived