Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the longest book you've ever read cover to cover?

renaissance

Probably the Harry Potter books in terms of length. Maybe some others in terms of how they took/seemed longer because they were more 'heavy' reads.

From Wikipedia, seems like longest was Order of the Phoenix: 870 pages.

When the 6th book came out in 2005, I spent the previous week re-reading all the previous HP books. Read the first 3 in 2 days. 4th and 5th in 3 days, 6th in 2 days.

Total = 3,341 pages in 7 days (avg. 477 pages/day).

I doubt I'll spend as much time solely reading over the course of a week again.

• 4 weeks later...
Stephen King - The Stand (full version). My wife read it in a whopping four days. About four months for myself.

Good god 4 days??? Sounds like a friend of mine. I'm currently reading Earth Abides which was one of King's inspirations for The Stand. Then hopefully one day I'll make it through The Stand. Will probably take me a year, lol

I thought "the stand" did a really good job of drawing you in (the first 1/4 or 1/3) then basically wanked on and on for another thousand pages until it eventually just dissolved into a fountain of poo

(just my personal opinion, of course.)

I thought "the stand" did a really good job of drawing you in (the first 1/4 or 1/3) then basically wanked on and on for another thousand pages until it eventually just dissolved into a fountain of poo

(just my personal opinion, of course.)

and you're pretty much correct. LOL!

Stephen King - The Stand (full version). My wife read it in a whopping four days. About four months for myself.

4 days? Holy ****! It took me forever it seemed to get thru that book. Did she not sleep, eat, or do anything else during that 4 days? Jeez...:silly:

"It" and "The Stand" are probably the longest I have read. Give me a weekend with no interruption and I could finish one or the other. I read both as a teenager, and at that time I spent alot of time in my room being in trouble.:evilg:

I'm reading The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: A History of Nazi Germany right now along with a few other books. It's about 1200 pages in 4pt font, maybe smaller. I've been reading an hour a night for two years . . . I'm on page 91.

I remember reading Red Storm Rising the first time. 725 pages long in the paper back version. Liked it so much,I believe I read it 2 more times right after the first. That's 2,175 pages in a few days. Wonder if that counts? :silly:

Archived